“Great Hotel”
Review of Viking Star Hotel

Viking Star Hotel
Ranked #47 of 284 Hotels in Kemer
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice family stay. We enjoyed everything: hotel facilities, kid's club, animation team,rooms , and the food was really amazing. Will recommend that Hotel it's real value for money. People are moaning about the Mosque near by, but that is the last thing we were worried about. Great Holiday and it proofs again that the hospitality of Turkish people is great !

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
3  Thank smicheva
Katja R, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Many thanks for this good review of our hotel. We always try to satisfy our guests and we are really glad to see that you had a great holiday.

There are newer reviews for Viking Star Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I honestly can't believe that this hotel has only got 80%. In my book it should have the full 100%. Myself and two friends have just returned from having twelve days of perfection here.We arrived at around 3am and were taken care of as soon as we entered, with the offer of food and drinks. Unfortunately we were given a room at the rear of the hotel because the travel company we booked with did not specify that we wanted a pool side room. The guest relations girl Katja didn't waste any time rectifying this, and we were then transferred to another room overlooking the pool.Considering she has only been there for a short time I think she was absolutely top class. One of our group had a birthday whilst there, and after we had a meal on that day Katja produced a birthday cake for him and sang happy birthday, which I thought was great. The bar manager Yakin (Diago) was a pleasure to be around and had a wicked sense of humour. Dogus,Emir and Kristina worked tirelessly entertaining everyone all day and night with there games,yoga,aqua aerobics and evening shows, which were top notch. Soner the entertainment manager was great on the karaoke and sounded just like Robbie Williams and Elvis. Viktoria looked after the children in the mini club every day to give parents a break to relax by the pool. Hanim who worked the bar in the lobby was very polite and helpful when asking for drinks, and Pinar on reception always greeted you with a smile and was very helpful.In fact every single person who worked at this hotel, from the cleaners to management, were extremely friendly and a pleasure to be around. I have had a fair few holidays in my time, but this one has gone to the top of the list.
BRILLIANT !!!
P.S Enjoy the dominoes Katja :) xx

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is nice,but if you prefer it to be quieter then a room at the rear would suit y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank readingjames49
Katja R, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am happy to hear that I and all the staff could help you with all your concerns and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We also had a great time with you during your stay and the Viking Star Hotel team look forward for your next arrival.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked this trip in January, my first since before my daughter - who is now 5 - was born and have been on countdown ever since.
We arrived at the hotel to be met by the most beautiful and friendly head of reception who helped check us in and advised us we had arrived on Gala night which didnt disappoint.
After helping us to check in we were offered a bell boy to take us to our room.
We then went up and had a gorgeous and very clean room overlooking the gorgeous pool and sunbathing area.
We then went down for dinner and had a lovely meal followed by amazing entertainment which included a gorgeous belly dancer.
The hotel has the most amazing entertainment team. Especially Emir who made our holiday and was a joy to be around.
The food was varied. I am a fussy eater so did struggle sometimes but there are so many amazing restaurants in the vicinity it didnt matter.
Food was available pretty much all day as well with a Breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner. The drinks are nice. Although maybe more than one draft beer would be nice as it started to grate after a while but they do have a good selection of other drinks available to purchase including gorgeous cocktails.
The maid service was fantastic and although our maid couldnt speak much English they were so helpful and sweet.
The hotel has an Italian restaurant which you can eat in once for free during your stay and it is amazing. The food, service and wine was brilliant.
The rooms are clean and are cleaned daily very well. And the communal parts of the hotel are always clean and look amazing. There is some shops inside the hotel offering a few home comforts as well catering for all international guests.
Only issue we had was with the wifi - which to me is quite a trivial point when comparing with the rest of the hotel.
Again just wanted to reiterate how amazing the entertainment team are from the pool games, evening shows and just general banter they didnt fail to entertain at all.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone couples, young and old, familys and single people. It was one of the best holidays I have ever been on and I look forward to returning with my daughter next time!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool but the rooms also faced beautiful mountains and from others you can se...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla G
Katja R, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

On behalf of Viking Star Hotel the staff would like to thank you,we are really glad to see your good review. On your next arrival, if you again face some problems with the Wifi please contact the reception. Our technical service will take care of the it.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

everything was great.
I would however advise the hotel to improve the seating capacity in their amphitheatre as the shows are unmissable and its hard to find a seat.
Also please have more baby seats available in the restaurant.
other then these 2 little points everything was great!

Room Tip: Any room. don't be put off by the nearby mosque, you'll only hear it the first night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We always try to satisfy our guests and we are really glad to see your review as an award.

I also thank you for the amendment concerning the baby seats at the main restaurant, we have arranged more baby seats now.

The Viking Star Hotel team we will be looking forward for your next arrival.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is one of the best Hotel's we have ever stayed at.
We arrived at the hotel around 1am and even though they had stopped serving food we were offered a light breakfast. This was a lovely touch as we had been traveling for hours and was really tired, the staff were so smiley despite it being the middle of the morning.
The food was amazing. Every day the main course was different and the selection of desserts were great. The baby pool is great for those with young children. My son was 2 and he was able to play by himself with a rubber ring and also go down the water slide by himself. The pool activites were good but they had the same games everyday, I think it would be better if they change them up a little like the evening entertainment.
I would also recommend going to the Hotels Restaurant the food was lovely although the waiter who served us was a little bit grumpy.
The entertainment staff were great, funny and easygoing and always asked how we was everyday. The rooms and hotel are very clean. I recommend going to the stoney beach if you want a relaxing day by the beach. Me and my best friends went for a turkish bath treatment at the hotel. Highly recommended to do towards the end of your stay.
The prayer called didn't bother us wer heard it twice but fell back asleep straight away and I am quite a light sleeper
There is one bad thing that dissapointed me about this hotel. We were given a letter by the hotel saying we were to attend a meeting to book some trips. The company is called M.T.S, please don't book anything with them without checking exactly what your getting. Non of thier representatives barely talk english if any at all, they only talk German. We ended up driving round Antalya for hours when we paid for a shopping trip. When we tried to get are money back they were incredibly rude about it and refused even though they sold us something false which is actually against the law. Katjia (Guest relations manager at the hotel) was very helpful in this situation and tried her best to resolve the situation. This hasn't put us off the hotel as this company has nothing to do with the hotel, but before I book anything.

Overall this has been the best holiday ever and would come back in the near future.

Room Tip: '3rd floor facing the pool and mountains' 'Noisy during the day but can see all the pool...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your good review!

I am happy to hear that I could help you.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I will share your review with the staff.

We have forwarded your review to MTS Customer Relations. I hope your problem will be solved.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from the viking star. A realy great holiday. The rooms r very clean staff & entertaiment team r realy funny. Location is good every thing is right on your door step.the only big down fall is the food. A very good stay. Met some realy great people had loads of fun

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ianhenson
Katja R, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

On behalf of Viking Star Hotel I would like to thank you for your good review.

I also thank you for the amendment concerning the food in our hotel of course I will discuss this with the responsible department.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

amazing country and town fo Kemer!!!!! I went to this Hotel alone, in the begining i felt so lonely specially the weather was so cloudy, but quickly i had good contact with the staff working there, from the receptionsites to the waiters to each person works there , they are so friendly, lovely and nice, very good quality of food, my room was so confortable. The entertainment team is the most what i liked in this hotel they are so friendly and try always to make people there happy, they are so funny as they have a different activities from the shows to the karaoké to the swiming pool entertainment.
thank you Viking star staff for making my holidays fabulous, i will definitely come back to this nice hotel, and i highly recommande it to anyone wants to have a special experience

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nouzha D
Katja R, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your good review!

We try every holiday of our guests to make something special and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I will share your review with the staff.