Garden Resort Bergamot Hotel
US$281
Priceline
US$326
US$231
Hotel Beydagi Konak(Goynuk)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
US$107
US$92
  • Pool
US$147
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Euphoria Tekirova Hotel(Tekirova)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$68
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrelax poolprivate beachharem baranimation teampool barturkeymain poolshuttle busadult poolcitrus treesfamily roomsaladmain townchickenplenty of sunbedsclean hotelenglish families
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We arrived to a warm reception in the early hours of the morning. After a swift check in we arrived at our room on the second floor, the room was clean, but quite small, overlooking the pool, the balcony was tiny. We had a fridge and the beds were comfy and the bathroom was fine. The room was quiet and the aircon was effective.
We particularly enjoyed the Relax garden and pool, a quiet area without children with its own bar. I didn't like the plastic chunky beakers we were served our drinks in, I think disposables would be better.
The restaurant was lovely and we enjoyed eating outside most of the time. The waiters worked very hard and long hours, but they were always friendly and helpful. The food was very good, lovely breakfast selection and the omelettes were particularly nice, lunches and evening meal were good, food was hot and varied and chefs constantly replenished it. We ate in the Italian which was fine, but I think charging for drinks is greedy, when you are all inclusive. We did not eat in the steak restaurant as again drinks and food was charged!
The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. Beach towels were also included and could be changed daily.
We went to the beach on the courtesy bus which we enjoyed and had lunch at the beach bar which was nice.
The Russians were rude and jumped queues if you let them. We did not.
The hotels situation is great for walking to the marina, market or shops, nice and flat for walking.
We travelled with Thomas Cook and our rep Stephanie was great, friendly, helpful and down to earth. Stephanie is a very experienced rep and it was a refreshing change.
I would recommend this hotel, the negative reviews I feel should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Room Tip: main building over looking the pool 2nd or 3rd floor
3  Thank Kar97
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just returned from this hotel after spending 2 weeks there. I booked this hotel due to previous reviews, but I wish I didn't bother. The reviews that this hotel has, I'm convinced have been submitted by relatives of staff as it is far from excellent, and the people that say that it is the best they have ever stayed in, well they obviously haven't been abroad much. Please do not waste your hard earned money staying here as it should be a 2/3 star rating. Room and bathroom are small and depressing. Balcony is the smallest that I have ever seen. My wife, two young children and I were unable to all stand never mind sit on the balcony as it is two and a half feet squared. Every room is the same size. The room itself is very basic. When having a shower you have to keep the bathroom door open as it turns into a steam room, which isn't ideal when you have two young children sharing the same room. The hotel requires a lot of TLC. The other annoying thing about this hotel is that you have a safe in your room which you have to pay approx. £1 per day ( which isn't much) but it is just another money making scam. The guy that unlocks the safe so that you can put your own number in, was in the room for about 30 seconds and had the cheek to try and wait for a tip, he was shown the door and asked to leave which he done reluctantly. The one and only restaurant is rubbish, dirty tumblers, plates, cutlery is the norm. Food is horrible, no meat on menu. Fish is on the menu quite a lot as is meatballs. Food is served cold sometimes so be careful if you eat there. The restaurant opens at 1900 hours but we could never find a table until after 2000 hours every night. Russians dominate this hotel and everything is catered towards them as is the entertainment. Russians have no manners or concept of how to queue for things. My family and I went to the magic show which my nine year old daughter found boring and knew how he did the so called magic. At the end of the show the magician started rambling on to the Russian audience. After about 15 minutes we left as we couldn't understand the language. The entertainment is also very basic and repeats itself. The A la Carte's are also not worth going too. Went to the Italian, food was cold. They sit you on a terrace overlooking the pool but it is dark and you can hardly see what's on your plate, we ordered pizza but the pizza was the same muck as the normal restaurant serves. You also have to pay for alcoholic drinks in this restaurant which doesn't make sense, as it is located directly above the normal restaurant. The other A La Carte ( steak house) isn't A La Carte, for you have to pay an additional £10 per person and again pay for your alcoholic drinks and this too is situated on a dark terrace where you struggle to see what you are eating. But how can this be A La Carte when you have to pay for it. Another money making scam. You can walk around the whole hotel complex within 2 minutes. During the day the only bar that is open is the pool bar, be careful again as the plastic tumblers are not washed properly, all they do is quickly rinse them under a cold tap. I lost count of how many times a threw my drink away because of suntan oil glazing the top of it and things inside my drink. The animation team try their best but they become rather annoying as they are continually trying to get you to play pool games , darts, dancing etc, and after saying 'no' they still try and drag you up which again becomes rather irritating. Music is the same everyday. The only good thing about the hotel is that you do not have to worry about not finding any sun loungers, but in saying that twice a week you are asked repeatedly about 1630 hours to leave the pool area so that staff can start clearing the pool area in order to set up night entertainment. Don't book this hotel. The flight was also terrible as I booked with Thomas Cook but was on a Pegasus flight, cabin crew were all Turkish and prices on the plane are all in Euros and are rather pricey, for instance a vodka and coke is £8.

4  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Travelled with my wife my parents and 3 children 5 ,4 and 5months.
We arrived in the early hours and greeted by Ali who carried our cases up to our rooms he's the gem of this place.
First impressions were the balcony was tiny and it was a bit dull inside. Travelling with an infant we were expecting a kettle in our room to make bottles up but after mentioning it to reception one arrived within the hour ( brand new)
Food was good to start off with but seemed to deteriorate. Some nights couldnt find a seat untill later on.Breakfast was ok and the snack bar was good. We ended up eating out for a few nights as we couldn't stand any more pushing and shoving from the Russians.
I found drinks were fine.Pool was excellent with plenty of sun beds and the kids loved the slide.
All in all I would not recommend this hotel for English families or any western European it is NOT 50/50 nowhere near. This place is geared for Russians which are the rudest most arrogant scum on this planet they are a joke. The one Swedish family thought so as well.
They talk to the staff like dirt which the management obviously allow in turn this makes the staff look miserable and rude also.

2  Thank mark c
Zulal I, General Manager at Garden Resort Bergamot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Sir,

There can be no doubt that the majority of tourists coming to the Antalya region between January and August 2013 were from Russia, followed by visitors from Germany, The Netherlands and Great Britain. Sweden and Norway.

Among the Hotels in Kemer the Garden Resort Bergamot Hotel achieves every year a more International guest profile, hosting sometimes more than 20 different Nationalities. The proportion among the countries differs from day to day, as we have arrivals and departures every day. Especially in September we had a lot of customers from Sweden, Norway and Denmark – certainly more than “the one Swedish family”.

We are very sorry, that the behaviour of some of our guests made you feel less comfortable, but if we may say so, everything also is a question of perception as we can see from other reviews about our hotel or from reviews about other destinations.

We would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your opinion and apologize once again for any inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,

The Management

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Traveled with Husband and two 16 yr old girls. 6th August to the 20th

We booked through Thomas cook and flew with Easyjet, which wasn't as awful as I expected, in fact the staff and plane were nicer than our previous flights which were with Freebird.
The transfer was easy, driving up through the hills at night was magical. The tunnels are a tad longer than I would have liked, but seeing the lights below you as you re emerge was lovely. It took no longer than 1hr 15 mins.
On arrival our bags were taken to our rooms, and the check in was quick. The salad rolls were a nice touch, but were a little soggy by the time we got to them.
Ok first "niggle" i can't believe that no one has mentioned the fact that the beds are made up with a bottom sheet and a single "cot" blanket, no top sheet? We didn't need the covering for warmth for most of the night (it was between 35-44,during the day whilst we were there) but it did get a bit cool during the early hours and I would have preferred a sheet to the blanket, I did ask the housekeeper and the next day she supplied us with a single sheet,which was no use to man nor beast, I went and spoke to Steph the Thomas Cook rep but I think it all got lost in translation somewhere along the line and we never did get a double sheet. The showers were the best we've had in any Turkish hotel, the water pressure was amazing. the pillows as usual were awful, if you've got space take one of your own.
The hotel is older than a lot we've stayed in, but the advantage is that the grounds are so much bigger, with much more shade, the gardens are covered in mature citrus trees which we sat under for most of the fortnight. the girls had plenty of room for their sunbathing and there never seemed to be an issue with getting a sun bed, we did notice a few people reserving beds by the main pool and then going off down to the relax pool for the morning, which had there been an issue with numbers of beds would have been a bit selfish? The cleaning teams are on the go all day, as are the gardeners, which is why the whole complex is pristine
The food was delicious, I can never understand people who complain about lack of choice in an AI, if you were to spend a fortnight in any non AI hotel you would see a repeat of the menu, what you wouldn't get is the choice every night of your stay, which is what you get here, the salads were fresh, the desserts delightful,the chicken and lamb in particular was always succulent and tasty.The waiters were efficient, polite and cheerful, there was one grump, but i think that's mandatory in all hotels, you quickly pick him/her out and avoid them all holiday. The bar that was open during the day was at times understaffed but hey you're on holiday whats the rush? We loved the relax pool after 3pm, it was busy during the mornings, but was quieter in the pm, and when it was quiet the staff would bring you drinks with out having to ask. Bliss! The bar in the evening was a little manic, again because of under-staffing, and, yes the plastic glasses did spoil the effect, especially if you'd got dressed up, I can understand the safety issues as there were a lot of children, but perhaps after 9 on the top terrace they could allow the grown ups some glass ware?
Until 9.30 the entertainment was based around the children, we didn't sit and watch but it sounded fun. The entertainment in the late evening for our 16 year olds was non-existent. Unless your teenagers are confident enough to go into Keemer to the night clubs there is nothing for the 15-17 year olds to do, there is a disco available down by the relax pool after 11 pm but no-one turns up, presumably because the older teenagers have gone to town. The evenings when the entertainment is put on around the main pool area was however brilliant ( I have to say the Turkish dancing and music was lost on us, perhaps if they gave a brief explanation before the story began it might make it all a bit more understandable) The live groups were amazing and got lots of people up and dancing.

The meal in the Italian was lovely and such a beautiful view of the mountains whilst you eat.

I would recommend this hotel for families with young children, couples who want a quiet relaxing holiday or for friends that want to sleep all day and party all night in the town, apparently Keemer has some of the very best night clubs anywhere?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank hazlac
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Me, my husband and 17 year old daughter had a 2 week holiday here in August. The hotel has some really lovely touches, but a few things did let it down. Although it is an all inclusive resort there is a very limited drinks menu and one of the things that niggled me was that most of the drinks they served were served in plastic beakers. I understand completely that round the pool this works better, but even on the terrace you were given the same plastic cups, even if you were having one of their very limited cocktails! There was no attention to detail to make any drink look nice. Food was ok, although a bit repetative. We had a downstairs room at the far end of the complex which wasen't a bad size for 3 adults, but was very dark and the balcony was tiny with no view. However I must just say the staff were amazing and the relax pool was GREAT!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family