“A lovely relaxing holiday”

Garden Resort Bergamot Hotel
Ranked #26 of 283 Hotels in Kemer
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“A lovely relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My two friends and I have just returned from the garden resort hotel where we stayed for a week. We had a great time, the hotel was clean, the food was very good- lots of variety and choice. No English burgers etc thank God!
The season is ending - the hotel shuts on 5th Nov so it was no where near full, great as far as we were concerned as that meant space and quiet.
Service absolutely great. I have been to Turkey twice before and found the waiters surly and not helpful; this can not be said of here, the staff were all very friendly, happy and helpful particularly Mahmut whose attention to detail and helpfulness put him above the rest. The man who drove the shuttle bus to the beach was so funny too! Guest relations young lady was great too, so polite, interested in speaking to her guests and helping out.
The beach was a well kept secret. Beautiful water, beach and relaxed service made it great fun.
Tuesday market in Kemer really good and only a short walk from the hotel. The shopping area is clean and some good quality shops.
Spa centre in the hotel was a little tired in some parts but the massages were absolutely fantastic! Really good masseurs, very pleasant and Soo good.
Only bad thing was the pools! They were sooooo cold they were unbearable, the sea was much warmer to swim in
All in all, a great week, a good hotel if you're looking for pleasant staff, good food and a relaxed atmosphere. Not sure if it would be my cup of tea in the height of the season but I don't think any of them would be. I would return

Room Tip: Our room was a two bedroom family room. Lots of space in the main room, air conditioning was good. S...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
County Durham
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have recently returned from the Garden Resort Kemer where I stayed with my partner and our 3 year old son. The transfer from the airport took around 70 mins and when we arrived just after midnight our bags were taken to our room and small salad rolls had been left for us which although we didn't eat them I thought it was a nice touch. There was also bottled water and cartons of juice which we were grateful for. The room was ok, very clean with a tiny balcony a double and a single bed with a small tv. We were facing the tennis court on the top floor and it was very quiet. The air cond worked fine. The grounds were lovely and clean and the swimming pools were good although the water was ice cold water. The weather wasn't that great but we made the most of our week. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful and although some of them couldn't speak great English they did their best. The food was ok, plenty to choose from if you like fish and chicken on the bone you will not starve. I feel the desserts could of been better, they looked nice but everything tasted the same. The location was good, the beach was ok. The reason I picked this hotel was mainly because of the great reviews regarding the kid club/animation team however I feel this really let the hotel down and for this reason I would not go back. The kids club appeared to be run by two young girls who couldn't speak English and made no attempt what so ever to include my son in any activities. I think my son was the only young English child there the week we stayed. Whilst he is quite shy he would of joined in had they made even a small attempt to include him. He was actually ignored at one point when all the children were taking turns playing crazy golf he patiently waited his turn and never got one so in the end I had to walk away as I was pretty shocked. Very disappointed with the kids club and I thought the entertainment for the english children on a night was poor. Although I was disappointed by the animation team by son had a great holiday and loved turkey.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jo C
Newcastle, England
Reviewed 23 October 2013

As two single female travelers we have just returned from a 7 day holiday at this hotel and whilst our experiences are mainly good there were also a few grievances. Here is what
we experienced:

Buffet restaurant - they had a good selection of food and not as repetitive as other all inclusive hotels that I have stayed in, although at times it was a little cold. The
staff work very hard in the restaurant but do not interact with guests in ways that I have experienced in other hotels.

Drinks are not served to the table - you can either help yourself to hot drinks or fruit juices, or go to a bar at the back of the room to order alcoholic or fizzy drinks.We actually only discovered the bar on our forth meal!

Drinks - these are a basic range. "Fruit" juices are pretty much artificially manufactured squash drinks etc and are freely available at the restaurants and bars.
However, coke is kept behind the bar and you must ask for this along with alcohol.

Room - room and balcony were very small, it didn't bother the two of us but I can see why a family of 3/4 would find this tight. The rooms were basic and clean. My main
grievance with the room was that the shower head did not have an attachment for the wall - we had to hold it up and switch it off between washing, there was nothing to stand it on even near the taps. This is not what I would expect from a 4* hotel. We also did not have a plug for the bath or sink and when we asked for one one night it took almost 3 hours for a plug to be delivered to the room. I would expect somewhere to hang the shower head and a plug for the bath or sink would be a basic requirement to any hotel bathroom.

Not included in all inclusive - this was a little odd to me but there were things that weren't included in all inclusive, i.e. real fruit juices, most of the alcohol, ice cream, drinks at the
Italian A La Carte restaurant and also the steak menu incurred a £10 surcharge. In all other hotels that I have been to everything is included.

Pool - pool was very clean and tidy. Towels were provided and could be changed between 4-5pm each day. There wasn't a lot of sun loungers, so get out there early. The sun loungers are also were also quite tightly packed together around the pool unless you break away and sit in the space between the two pools. The pools are surrounded by orange trees where you can pick and eat the fruit, which was lovely.

A La Carte restaurants - we managed to get booked at the Italian after waiting 3 days but when we got there only three tables wee occupied. We asked the waiter and he looked
confused when we said that we had difficulty booking and he booked us in again for another evening. The food was very nice and portions were huge!

WARNING - my main grievance with the A La Carte restaurant was actually the waiter (who we later found out to be the Manager) - we thought that this type of thing wouldn't happen in the hotel like it happens in restaurants and bars in town but we visited the restaurant twice and were propositioned twice. We traveled as two single women and were targeted by the waiter and asked to go to some bars and clubs with him after the restaurant closed. He was quite pushy and didn't want to take no for an answer and so we left. The second night he asked us why we didn't take him up on his offer and again propositioned us with his 'special plan' for the evening for us which involved 'romantic walk along the beach' and '...then afterwards. Well, we will not talk about that yet..'. He was extremely pushy and kept asking even though we kept saying no. Meanwhile the other staff at the restaurant found it highly amusing and it was quite obvious that he did this regularly. Once he realised that we were not going to budge his attitude was not as friendly as it had previously been - my friend saw him later in the hotel reception and he just ignored her. I think he was quite offended by getting the knock back, he clearly wasn't expecting it. This seems to happen a lot in the bars and restaurants but wasn't what I expected from the hotel restaurant!

We realised that there would be a lot of Russians from previous reviews and whilst it doesn't bother me be prepared that they can be quite rude, i.e. not waiting in queues etc.
We didn't let it bother us but others got annoyed with it.

Staff - reception, bar staff and animations team were all very friendly and welcoming.

Spa - we had a lovely scrub and massage at the downstairs spa for 30 Euros, I would recommend that you try this a the start of your holiday.

Currency - it was immensely frustrating to us that all prices within the hotel and in Kemer were in Euros or Dollars when we had taken Lira with us. This means that
you need to ask how much in Lira and the exchange rate that they apply varies massively. For example, they would sell a post card for 1 Euro or 10 Lira!!! If we went again we
would take euros not lira for this reason.

Kemer - this was a nice place only a 10 minute walk away with bars, restaurants and shops. However, being two single women we were a target and we found the shop owners and waiters
extremely pushy in the main. This was to the point that we actively avoided going in to the shops because it was an uncomfortable experience for us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sasquat
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and myself have just returned from a week at the Garden resort and enjoyed our stay there. It is a fairly large hotel and has a large swimming pool, a smaller pool for children and a adult pool which was away in a secluded garden.The hotel was kept clean and the staff worked hard to ensure this, along with the waiters who were very efficient in clearing the tables and changing the table cloths regularly. The hotel has a bar open during the day at the pool side and another in the garden by the adult pool, during the evening the bar is open on the terrace which closed at midnight. The hotel staff were helpful and showed us the sauna, gym and indoor heated pool( which was free to use during the day if you booked in advance) and only had to pay for massage and scrub etc.There was a free shuttle bus to the private beach every half an hour and the beach had free sun beds available and food/ drinks.
Overall it was a good hotel with good service and amenities but the downside for me would be the lack of entertainment in the evening as only saw a magic show once during the week, although there was a kids club available during the day and evening time. Only a ten minute walk into Kemer to do your shopping for souvenirs etc but not many bars and restaurants there as mainly shops. I would recommend this hotel for couples who want a cheap break away in the sun in October as we only paid £300 each fully inclusive so we can't complain!

Room Tip: The rooms situated away from the swimming pools and bar are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gray66-12
Belfast
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having just returned from Kemer wanted to write just how good it was, I've read a few bad reviews about this hotel but can't see what the complaints were about, had a good room - yes it was basic but it was clean and has a fridge and air conditioning. We had a balcony at the back of the hotel which was a good size and got the sun in the morning but we never really used it for being out and about. The balcony is bigger at the back of the hotel if you want a bigger balcony.

We had great service throughout our whole stay, special mentions going to Faith the porter who helped us with our bags but generally was friendly the whole time talking to us, Ahmet the barman was good as well, the Ahmet Special cocktail was goood! Mehmet in the restaurant was good too always making an effort to talk even when he was swamped! Stephanie our rep was really helpful too even when we were unorganized and hadn't booked things before hand she really helped us to get on the excursions and she was always available to book is onto the trips.

The excursions themselves are really good too, I would recommend the gullet boat trip out at sea for half a day, the food was good and you can jump into the sea which was class!

The only downside to this hotel was that the a la carte night that we were entitled to we couldn't book because it was so full, only to find out that after speaking to another couple wasn't even busy!

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet and have bigger balcony's, we stayed in 727
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gove231189
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We arrived to a warm reception in the early hours of the morning. After a swift check in we arrived at our room on the second floor, the room was clean, but quite small, overlooking the pool, the balcony was tiny. We had a fridge and the beds were comfy and the bathroom was fine. The room was quiet and the aircon was effective.
We particularly enjoyed the Relax garden and pool, a quiet area without children with its own bar. I didn't like the plastic chunky beakers we were served our drinks in, I think disposables would be better.
The restaurant was lovely and we enjoyed eating outside most of the time. The waiters worked very hard and long hours, but they were always friendly and helpful. The food was very good, lovely breakfast selection and the omelettes were particularly nice, lunches and evening meal were good, food was hot and varied and chefs constantly replenished it. We ate in the Italian which was fine, but I think charging for drinks is greedy, when you are all inclusive. We did not eat in the steak restaurant as again drinks and food was charged!
The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. Beach towels were also included and could be changed daily.
We went to the beach on the courtesy bus which we enjoyed and had lunch at the beach bar which was nice.
The Russians were rude and jumped queues if you let them. We did not.
The hotels situation is great for walking to the marina, market or shops, nice and flat for walking.
We travelled with Thomas Cook and our rep Stephanie was great, friendly, helpful and down to earth. Stephanie is a very experienced rep and it was a refreshing change.
I would recommend this hotel, the negative reviews I feel should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Room Tip: main building over looking the pool 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kar97
Scotland
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just returned from this hotel after spending 2 weeks there. I booked this hotel due to previous reviews, but I wish I didn't bother. The reviews that this hotel has, I'm convinced have been submitted by relatives of staff as it is far from excellent, and the people that say that it is the best they have ever stayed in, well they obviously haven't been abroad much. Please do not waste your hard earned money staying here as it should be a 2/3 star rating. Room and bathroom are small and depressing. Balcony is the smallest that I have ever seen. My wife, two young children and I were unable to all stand never mind sit on the balcony as it is two and a half feet squared. Every room is the same size. The room itself is very basic. When having a shower you have to keep the bathroom door open as it turns into a steam room, which isn't ideal when you have two young children sharing the same room. The hotel requires a lot of TLC. The other annoying thing about this hotel is that you have a safe in your room which you have to pay approx. £1 per day ( which isn't much) but it is just another money making scam. The guy that unlocks the safe so that you can put your own number in, was in the room for about 30 seconds and had the cheek to try and wait for a tip, he was shown the door and asked to leave which he done reluctantly. The one and only restaurant is rubbish, dirty tumblers, plates, cutlery is the norm. Food is horrible, no meat on menu. Fish is on the menu quite a lot as is meatballs. Food is served cold sometimes so be careful if you eat there. The restaurant opens at 1900 hours but we could never find a table until after 2000 hours every night. Russians dominate this hotel and everything is catered towards them as is the entertainment. Russians have no manners or concept of how to queue for things. My family and I went to the magic show which my nine year old daughter found boring and knew how he did the so called magic. At the end of the show the magician started rambling on to the Russian audience. After about 15 minutes we left as we couldn't understand the language. The entertainment is also very basic and repeats itself. The A la Carte's are also not worth going too. Went to the Italian, food was cold. They sit you on a terrace overlooking the pool but it is dark and you can hardly see what's on your plate, we ordered pizza but the pizza was the same muck as the normal restaurant serves. You also have to pay for alcoholic drinks in this restaurant which doesn't make sense, as it is located directly above the normal restaurant. The other A La Carte ( steak house) isn't A La Carte, for you have to pay an additional £10 per person and again pay for your alcoholic drinks and this too is situated on a dark terrace where you struggle to see what you are eating. But how can this be A La Carte when you have to pay for it. Another money making scam. You can walk around the whole hotel complex within 2 minutes. During the day the only bar that is open is the pool bar, be careful again as the plastic tumblers are not washed properly, all they do is quickly rinse them under a cold tap. I lost count of how many times a threw my drink away because of suntan oil glazing the top of it and things inside my drink. The animation team try their best but they become rather annoying as they are continually trying to get you to play pool games , darts, dancing etc, and after saying 'no' they still try and drag you up which again becomes rather irritating. Music is the same everyday. The only good thing about the hotel is that you do not have to worry about not finding any sun loungers, but in saying that twice a week you are asked repeatedly about 1630 hours to leave the pool area so that staff can start clearing the pool area in order to set up night entertainment. Don't book this hotel. The flight was also terrible as I booked with Thomas Cook but was on a Pegasus flight, cabin crew were all Turkish and prices on the plane are all in Euros and are rather pricey, for instance a vodka and coke is £8.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family