Club Med Palmiye
HotelsClick
US$212
US$408
2,954 results
All reviewschef de villagezen poolwater skiingcircus schooltennis teamflying trapezepunta canawater sportswhite nightspecial thanksfitness classesinterconnecting roomsturkeysports facilitieswonderful teamcrazy signsgreat holiday
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Spent last weeks of August 2013 there with a toddler and the experience was flawless. It is a beautiful place, the rooms in the hotel are great (I have not seen the ones from the villagio so I am commenting only on the hotel room) and very very clean. The mountains behind are beautiful, it is very green (I expected only rocks) and the gardens are filled with palm trees, olives trees and all kinds of flowers. The beach is great as well. Even though it not a sandy beach but little rocks, it is great. The food is as usual very good like in most club meds but I have never seen kitchens which are so clean. The waiters are extremely kind and very effective.
All in all, I have spent very good time there and I would recommend it as one of the best club meds I have visited.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We've been to club med a few times before. It was our first time here. The club med formula is obviously nice and always very well organized. You feel at ease and comfortable from the minute you arrive. The domain is incredible, very nice gardens filled with insects who are quite noisy but it's all part of the experience here. The photographers who want to take your picture when you're on your way to the restaurant in the evening get a little bit annoying after 5days...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Over the years I have been to many Club Meds (but none since I started writing reviews on Trip Advisor). This is the largest Club by far that I have ever been too (1,700 guests when full), but you never get the sense of there being that many people.

There are five swimming pools, a huge beach (pebbly, not sandy sadly), two main restaurants, lots of general seating areas and bars as well. The only warning is that if you are not happy walking long distances, you may want to consider if this is the correct CM to visit.

We were staying in the Hotel section of the Club and the rooms were a decent size and very comfortable. However, the chances are you will only use your room for showering and sleeping; there is too much else going on to want to spend any time in your room!

The children loved all the activities and Mini Club means you can drop them of at 9am and pick them up at 5.30pm (then they can go back again for a couple of hours in the evening if you/they want). Naturally, French is the first language, but most of the GOs speak excellent or very good English, so it is not a problem.

The food, bars and entertainment are all excellent, as are all the activities. We would happily return.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We went to club med Palmiye in july with a 5 year old. This is my 10th club med in my lifetime and my 3rd in the last year. All the positives expected from club med are typically on offer: very good buffet food, great location, friendly and dynamic GOs, very helpful local staff, plenty of sport activities, loads of different options for swimming pools, beachbeds, bars, etc. Hence I wont dwell too much as other reviews have said that. All in all, I am very positive this club, and would recommend it.
However, I would warn on the following negatives: the rooms in the bungalows are far too small for a 4 tridents. They have almost no window and feel quickly very cramped. Many other customers told us that the rooms at the hotel are much better and hence I would recommend that you book the hotel not the bungalows.
Tennis lessons: I wanted to get several private lessons, however the GOs were not very helpful, and were more interested in organising tournaments and not really playing.
Towels on loungers: yes, that old holiday cringe of having to wake up early to put towels on sun loungers is thriving at this club med. This is totally allowed by the club med management and I found it unacceptable for a 4 tridents again.
Outside this, I did scuba diving, which is completely useless in the region given the lack of things to see in the water (like anywhere outside marine reserves in the Mediterranean sea anyway). I only did it to pass a diploma and the staff, which was non-club med, was friendly and well qualified. The jet ski promenade is very good, and I would highly recommend it.
Yes, there are loads of french and french-speaking customers (belgian, swiss, etc), but what else do you expect in club med ? Its as silly as people complaining that too many british customers were present in Mark Warner holidays....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Darklangel
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Overall a great week.
Initial impressions were rather less encouraging as the mix of loud music and over enthusiastic GO's seemed less than conducive to R&R. However discovery of the adult only "Zen pool and gardens" made a huge difference. Thoroughly enjoyed the water skiing and trampolining, thinks I hadn't done for years.
Food was buffet style but very good, particularly the fresh fish from the BBQ. Our daughter had a great time, albeit keeping rather different hours.
In short a very versatile holiday for the family.