What an amazing place! We stayed with two young children in the Villagio area in a little flat at the top of some stairs. It was ideal - well away from the noisy outdoor stage, which suited us fine. The resort is truly lovely, in between the mountains and the sea, and well laid-out in a beautiful park, with a separate pool for the kids with slides.
As ever, the best things were the quality of the food/drink and the enthusiasm of the GOs/hosts, who were great. The kids' club is second-to-none - really amazing with its own shaded pool and fantastic activities.
We're not really into all the Club Med 'crazy signs' dancing and shows, but really enjoyed chilling out by the bar in the evenings, and there was no compulsion to join in. We didn't have any problems with the French/English mix, and found plenty of GOs who were happy to make the effort to speak English with us at meals. Our kids coped fine in the MiniClub thanks to a couple of unbelievably lovely GOs who looked after them, and the fact there were other English families there at the same time.
Had a lovely time out on the catamarans, and learning archery. Kids loved the circus school. We didn't visit the speciality restaurant, which looked great, because we didn't get organised enough to book it, but we ate like princes at the glorious outdoor restaurant each day.
As other posts mention, the beach is stony, so bring beach-shoes that can cope. The hotel and the area around the outdoor theatre can get lively at night.
The only thing that was odd for me was staying in a new country but not really exploring it. Although they did introduce a bit of local culture with food and music, I was dying to get out into the hills, but didn't because the week passed so quickly. That said, we didn't book any of the trips either, so I guess that is the nature of a resort-based holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Turkey, Palmiye nestles alongside an extensive beach between the wild peaks of the Taurus range and a warm sea of sparkling blue. Bungalows shelter beneath a pine grove and the hotel looks out onto the Mediterranean : two complementary atmospheres for this great family Club Med Village, home to a vast array of sports on land and sea, with something for all ages. A dreamlike place to unwind and put yourself in the expert hands of our Club Med Spa staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Palmiye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Palmiye Hotel Kemer
- Club Med Kemer
- Kemer Club Med
- Club Med Palmiye Kemer, Turkey - Antalya Province