“Perfect for families” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 323 Hotels in Manavgat
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Perfect for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have rated this hotel a 4 but would rate it an extra half if i could as i only have a few niggles that stop it being a 5. Arrived at the hotel at about 2 am with my partner,8yr old, 2yr old and my Aunt and Uncle and there was a small snack waiting in our room which was a nice touch. Room was spacious and very clean. We were in block 3 on the ground floor looking out on the new Splash world, which was disappointing for my partner but didn't bother me. First irritation for me was the beds very hard not very comfortable. I would have also preferred to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room as the first thing i like to do in the morning is have a cuppa. This is something that i shall look for next time i book a hotel.
First morning we had a stroll to the beach stopped off at the beach bar and then walked around the complex to find our bearings. Although this is a large complex it is very simply laid out and my 8 yr old found her way around with ease.
To get a sunbed in your preferred spot by the pools in our case by the children's pools, did mean getting up early but my auntie and partner took in turns so didn't pose a problem for us.
Best parts of this holiday for me as a mum were the choice of kids pools and splash world and the kids club.
I feel i have to write about the kids club as it was brilliant for my 8 year old daughter.It runs every day except Wednesday(we chose to go to Side and the beach this day) from 10am-12.30 pm and 3pm - 5pm The staff spoke fabulous English my daughters fav was Poulina, and were very approachable. Very safe to leave them as you have to sign them in and out and state where you will be they also keep them in the shade the majority of the time. My daughter mixes well with other children so wanted to go on day 1. While there she had her face painted,made pizzas,dressed up and her favourite was learning a dance routine which they performed in the evening for all the guests in the main evening bar dressed up as pirates.
Food was overall good for us adults but my children struggled as they like eveything to taste exactly like at home. They mainly survived on Pancakes, apples, chips roast chicken and chicken nuggets my son did enjoy the noodles on chinese night though.
Evening entertainment was different each night my daughter and aunt really enjoyed the Mongolian circus.
Staff were all very good in their roles except bar staff who could be quite lazy and wouldn't walk the length of the bar to you you had to go to them.
Would recommend this hotel to friends with children. The only reason i wouldn't go back is because this is only our second holiday abroad with the children and we like to try new places.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pegasos World S, General Manager at Pegasos World Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mrs Kelly,

Thank you very much for your detail comments. Hopefully we will also fix the little issues and will get the 5 star from you next time.

Take care and kind regards,

Pegasos World Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We got back last week after a great holiday at this hotel.
When we arrived we were stunned by how beautiful the hotel reception and the pool area are. The rooms are comfortable and clean, however we did have to request sheets from the cleaner as she has only left us a blanket?
The pool is amazing, fantastic for kids of all ages, there is something for everyone. The water park is fantastic and the lifeguards are all very friendly and professional so I felt safe letting my son go up on his own.
The main buffet restaurant was ok but even though there was themed nights it seemed to be a lot of the same things. We always found something to eat though. Maybe it might be nice to have a few English dishes on the menu once in a while for some home comforts (that was probably the only thing we missed) but I understand that as a Muslim country they don't do pork.
The beach is gorgeous and clean with plenty of sunbeds and a nice beach bar and the watersports are great.
However the thing that made this holiday so great are the staff. The manager Firat at the long john silver bar was very friendly and we looked forward to going there every evening for cocktails. He made my son very welcome too, making him kids cocktails and laughing and joking with him.
I also need to mention Ali in the Chinese restaurant. It was the best meal we had all week and it was my partners birthday so they decorated the table and made him a birthday cake all as a surprise. Fantastic.
We will definitely go back.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Mrs Clare,

Thank you very much for the comments.

Also we would like to see you very much in our hotel again.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hi I am going in October with the family. I am wondering if there is a dress code for men in restaurant. Eg can they wear flip flops and shorts to the knee.or is it other footwear. Looking forward to this holiday

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Learainbow
Dear Guest,

We are happy to welcome you in October and short to the knee are no problem in the restaurant. :-)

midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on this hotel before going last week and have to say most are spot on. This is a large clean hotel but has a few issues need sorting to make it 4 star. To start with the positives, spacious room spotlessly clean with a great powerful shower, free wifi and a mini fridge. Brilliant kids club the staff there were amazing with the kids, nice clean beach, huge pools kept everyone entertained all day. Food was ok, got a bit repetitive especially lunches which seemed to be the same chicken, pizza chips and spaghetti every day. We enjoyed the 2 a la carte we visited (Turkish and Chinese) it was nice to be served at table and avoid the dining room scrum. Now this, and the sunbed situation was the main 2 poor points of this hotel. There was simply too many people at breakfast and dinner for it to be a relaxing experience. Usually in a 4 star hotel you would expect to be shown to a clean table and drinks orders taken. Not this one. You have to find your own (dirty) table and then fetch your drinks and then endure the assault course that is the buffet, dodging rude arrogant people who think nothing of pushing in and bumping into you. We did witness reserved tables and drinks service, don't know what you had to do to be afforded this luxury?? The sunbeds were another bug bear. Literally all the poolside spots were gone by 8.00am. We soon learnt that this holiday was going to be a week of early starts, both to get a sunbed and to enjoy a relaxing breakfast which was possible if we made it to the restaurant by 7.30am. Other poor points, limited drinks menu served in plastic cups, things like orange juice, decent ice cream, popcorn etc all cost extra so not totally all inclusive. Creepy bloke in gift shop who followed us round so closely I was going to ask if he wanted to sit on my lap. All these things in my opinion makes this a good 3 star hotel but not a 4 star like we have previously experienced. However for a weeks break it was nice but glad I did not pay the school holiday prices as do not feel this would have been value for money. Finally, I recommend you book the Turkish bath in side (through the reps) it was a great experience we took two young kids and they loved it.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank midlandsgirl
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your comments. We will be more careful by cleaning the tables. The service in restaurants and bars is self service and it is sometimes not possible to make the table service. The other issues you mentioned we will work on these.

Pontardulais, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

just got back.To all the doubters out there if you want a fantastic holiday for you and your family go to hotel pegasos world in side turkey. This was my second visit to this hotel and as before a great holiday. We were a party of seventeen people from 20months twins up to 60 year olds there was 8 children in the party and the hotel catered for them all. The new water park was fantastic with big slides and small. The poll is huge and plenty of shade for the little ones .if you miss breakfast don’t worry as food is served all day around the pool area. The drink was good as we all liked to drink and the staff all very helpful. Thanks to the management staff nuri who will do almost anything for you from arranging days out to food when you leave also thanks to mahir and saim.i never listen to what people say go and experience it yourself all in all great value for your money well done pegasos world see you again. Should be a gold star next year.

Room Tip: speak to nuri catering manager.or mahir akyildiz the will sort out almost anything for you
1 Thank kevin g
Dear Mr Kevin,

I am happy that you had a very good holiday.

Hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

After spending 2 weeks at pegasos as a couple we would like to say what a great time we had! We had a room in block 4 which was not one of the the refurbished ones but was easily adequate, quiet and comfortable for our stay, although the housekeeping seemed a bit hit and miss! On our second day we had a turkish bath and massage, then an oil massage and would definitely reccomend it. We didn't get up early to reserve poolside beds as it was too hot sitting there, but instead choose to go on the fabulous sandy beach, where sunbeds were aplenty and free. You could sit under the main shady canopy or, as we did, just pulled the loungers down to the waters edge where a refreshing breeze kept you cool while listening to waves lapping on to the beach ( bliss)! The food in the main restaurant was varied and plentiful with a different theme every day and was very much to our liking. As we had travelled as a couple we found the hotel to be very family orientated with many youngsters around. This in itself is not a problem, but from a personal point of view it would have been nice to have an adults only section in the restaurant and a lower age limit in the horoscopia bar, but that's just us. We would like to especially thank Mahir for all his help and kindness, nothing was too much trouble for him, even though he is very busy, and made us feel like the most important people staying at the hotel. We would also like to thank Ali for giving us an extra special night in the Chinese a la carte. We played volleyball on the beach everyday which was one of the many activities on offer, that are clearly announced during the day so as not to miss out. There was a different show on every night in the ampitheatre although didn't attend every one as some were geared towards the younger guests. We liked to have a nice gin and tonic in the Long John Silver Bar, which is situated over the centre of a swimming pool, when returning from the beach in the evening and Adnan was always cheery and pleased to see you! All in all we loved our stay and would return again, thanks everybody!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Johm W
Pegasos World S, General Manager at Pegasos World Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Mr John,

Thank you very much for your comment. We are happy that you had a very good holiday experience.

Hope to see you soon again.

Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have just come back from 2 weeks here and are definitely going to return in future. We have 2 girls aged 2 and 12 and both loved it (as did we). The pool is truly enormous, and beautiful - centred around a lovely large island themed bar and night entertainment. This is without a doubt my favourite part of the place, it takes a good few minutes to walk around the whole thing - its massive. There is a pirate ship slide area within the main pool in shallow water for the kiddies, another separate shallow pool with some slide for kiddies, and 2 other slides into the main pool. But you will never be crowded in the main pool and can always find a good bit of chill out space in the middle. Chlorine levels are nice and low also, so no stingy eyes - even for the kids. Pool is 1.5 meters deep in most places, 45cm in the kiddie bits and 1.35m in a smallish section of the main pool where the slides come out.

Lots of loungers about - but prime spots with parasols go fast - so as with nearly all places these days - early morning jaunt to pick a spot is recommended or you will be in full sun or full shade (We took our own towels so we could differentiate from the sea of blue hotel towels.)

The beach is nice and sandy (lots of loungers free here if you have a lie in and miss one at the pool!!) and is very close to the main complex, but the sea was very rough at the break for some of the time I was there and wasn't for swimming in but good fun - though it did calm down later in the holiday (nothing to do with hotel, but just so you are aware).

Water park is fantastic and having it on-site is really convenient - can flip and flop between pool and park - they are about 10 meters away from each other - great when you've got a mix of ages and trying to keep them all happy. Age limits on the bigger slides is over 10 and over 1.2m. There's about 10 or so slides and all are great fun. Also a separate kiddies splash about areas with some great slides for the little ones - this pool did seem to be colder than all the others for some reason though.

Food is pan-European, reflecting the huge diversity of guests (13 nationalities at one time while we were there) so will not be all to your tastes all of the time, but is extremely tasty in the main and very hygienic and clean (with veggie and gluten free sections). I have a notoriously sensitive stomach, but had no issues at all in a fortnight. I recommend going to the navigator snack bar for lunch which does burgers, chips & pizza which the kids like, but have some other bits and bobs for the adults to try (chicken donner is particularly popular and very tasty). Also in the Kids snack bar by the kids pool, they sometimes have chicken nuggets - if you have fussy kids this can be a boon. If everyone is picky - all restaurants have pasta, Pizza and chicken of some sort on offer - so no one need go hungry.

Rooms are spacious and well equipped with a nice powerful 'wake you up' shower. (I had an older non-refurbed room) but didn't spend much time in there to be honest - lots to do - they did have sky sports in the room though - as no TVs in the bars that I saw.

Entertainment in the night was fantastic for us - the Captain Popcorn kids disco is great for the kids early doors in the evening and has some really catchy tunes and a super cute bedtime lullaby song which the kids sit on the stage for (we ended up buying the CD because our youngest was hooked on it) The woman who fronts this (Polina I think it was) is brilliant and is really good with the kids (I think she does the kids club as well, but my two were too old and too young to go). Night-time shows were then mainly dance shows - which underplays them - they were brilliant - really very good dancers and great choreography - I was very pleasantly surprised - topped off at the end of the night by a holiday song sing-a-long that I defy you to not be up dancing to by the time you go home. Also some acrobatic acts and some game shows - all very watchable and good fun, which is the name of the game. This all takes place in a very big outdoor amphitheatre which is lovely and has a great atmosphere when packed out. I advise getting in around 8ish for a good table - tables overlooking the seating area between the bar and stage were our best - but they go quick. Also - Turkey is prone to storms and if one is coming try and beat the rush, because the marble floors in the rain is a nightmare, and the covers are sunshades, not rain covers so the water will come through in a storm deluge - a handy tip from one who was caught out :)

So all the facilities are top-notch, the rooms are lovely and the food is great.

But the thing that really made this place over other places I have stayed is the staff - everyone from the dining room staff to the barmen to the managers were absolutely fantastic. You really feel more than welcome and feel that you are valued for being there. I don't know how they do it, but with all the guest there if they managed to make half of them feel as great for being there as I did, then they are amazing.

Special mentions go out to the trio of managers who made us feel extra welcome, Mustafa who welcomed us off the coach with a warm handshake and the best welcome to a hotel I have ever had - thank you. Also Mahir and Nuri who are constantly buzzing round the bars and restaurants at all times of day and can never do enough for you - and always asking after you and making sure you are OK - thanks both - this really made our holiday. If you need anything done - ask one of these three. Also the evening barman in the Horoscopia bar - Nasir I think it was (sorry if that is wrong!!) - he was great, though we missed him on our last night.

Book it now - but please remember to bring lots of mozzie repellent and after bite with you.

Room Tip: Block 5 seem to be the refurbished rooms - but the older stock rooms are more than adequate and are...
11 Thank Peter M
Dear Mr. Peter,

For the detailed comments I have to thank you very much. I will read it also at todays department manager meeting.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.