“Worst holiday experience in Turkey ”

Ranked #26 of 324 Hotels in Manavgat
“Worst holiday experience in Turkey ”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel for two weeks and I can clearly confirm this hotel does not meet the standards you would expect for a four star hotel.
Where shall I start this hotel is very busy and chaotic. The rooms are set in blocks they are extremely noisy and have no sound proofing. Doors banging,children screaming and running up and down corridors at ridiculous hours in the night. I appreciate families are on holiday but when your woke night after night it's not amusing!! The beds are rock solid and very uncomfortable too add to the sleepless nights we had.
The restaurant is hectic. Not a relaxing experience, tables are often dirty and no service of drinks. Food was often cold and would not meet food standard regulations. Tables would be reserved for individual family's/couples who where in Nuri's 'gang' Nuri is one of the restaurant management and will single out families and offer his help whilst ignoring others. We witnessed the over friendly side and also saw how rude he can be to his staff. Me and my husband found him completely unprofessional.
In order to obtain a sun bed you have to get up at a ridiculous time. Posters state that towels will be removed if sun beds are reserved before 7.30am,this is not followed through and I would not want to be staying here during the high summer as I could invisage towel wars!
The drinks menu is poor,drinks are served in plastic cups and there is not enough bar staff.
To top off our holiday I have never witnessed so many rude people. The hotel is mainly full of Russian's and Eastern European's and having been to Turkey numerous times this was our worst experience.
I also believe holidays are what you make them but there was nothing you can do at this hotel to make it relaxing and enjoyable. I would never return here!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Zoe B
Pegasos World S, General Manager at Pegasos World Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mrs Zoe,

We are very sorry that you had not a good holiday.

For the beds we could change it or soften it but I think you have not told it to reception. Our hotel is a self service hotel. We try to serve to much guest as we can but giving drink service to all our guests is not possible if we have 3000 guests. 200 russian rooms are also sold and beginning next month 100 rooms russian will be in the hotel.

Sorry again and best regards,

Pegasos World Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Pontardulais, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were a large group of 17, when we arrived we were greeted by a lovely man. Didnt take to long to check us all in we were in block 3 which had been refurbished very nicely done. They are good with keeping up with helping towards the environment.
Food was so good went to all the restaurants on the hotel Turkish,Italian and Chinese which were even nicer.
Water park was good for the teenagers which they loved every min.
Nuri made us feel special when asked for kettle for the room so thanks for being so nice and making sure that we had tables everyday.
Only bad thing was getting bitten allot so make sure you have bite cream insect repellent. Bar staff were very good and the entertainment team were really good to cant fault them diff shows each night to entertain children and adults defo like queen of the night which I starred in great fun
We will be coming again hopefully next year miss this place

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mrs Jenna,

We are happy that you had a very good holiday. Also a big thank you for the good wishes. :-)

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have rated this hotel a 4 but would rate it an extra half if i could as i only have a few niggles that stop it being a 5. Arrived at the hotel at about 2 am with my partner,8yr old, 2yr old and my Aunt and Uncle and there was a small snack waiting in our room which was a nice touch. Room was spacious and very clean. We were in block 3 on the ground floor looking out on the new Splash world, which was disappointing for my partner but didn't bother me. First irritation for me was the beds very hard not very comfortable. I would have also preferred to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room as the first thing i like to do in the morning is have a cuppa. This is something that i shall look for next time i book a hotel.
First morning we had a stroll to the beach stopped off at the beach bar and then walked around the complex to find our bearings. Although this is a large complex it is very simply laid out and my 8 yr old found her way around with ease.
To get a sunbed in your preferred spot by the pools in our case by the children's pools, did mean getting up early but my auntie and partner took in turns so didn't pose a problem for us.
Best parts of this holiday for me as a mum were the choice of kids pools and splash world and the kids club.
I feel i have to write about the kids club as it was brilliant for my 8 year old daughter.It runs every day except Wednesday(we chose to go to Side and the beach this day) from 10am-12.30 pm and 3pm - 5pm The staff spoke fabulous English my daughters fav was Poulina, and were very approachable. Very safe to leave them as you have to sign them in and out and state where you will be they also keep them in the shade the majority of the time. My daughter mixes well with other children so wanted to go on day 1. While there she had her face painted,made pizzas,dressed up and her favourite was learning a dance routine which they performed in the evening for all the guests in the main evening bar dressed up as pirates.
Food was overall good for us adults but my children struggled as they like eveything to taste exactly like at home. They mainly survived on Pancakes, apples, chips roast chicken and chicken nuggets my son did enjoy the noodles on chinese night though.
Evening entertainment was different each night my daughter and aunt really enjoyed the Mongolian circus.
Staff were all very good in their roles except bar staff who could be quite lazy and wouldn't walk the length of the bar to you you had to go to them.
Would recommend this hotel to friends with children. The only reason i wouldn't go back is because this is only our second holiday abroad with the children and we like to try new places.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Pegasos World S, General Manager at Pegasos World Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mrs Kelly,

Thank you very much for your detail comments. Hopefully we will also fix the little issues and will get the 5 star from you next time.

Take care and kind regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We got back last week after a great holiday at this hotel.
When we arrived we were stunned by how beautiful the hotel reception and the pool area are. The rooms are comfortable and clean, however we did have to request sheets from the cleaner as she has only left us a blanket?
The pool is amazing, fantastic for kids of all ages, there is something for everyone. The water park is fantastic and the lifeguards are all very friendly and professional so I felt safe letting my son go up on his own.
The main buffet restaurant was ok but even though there was themed nights it seemed to be a lot of the same things. We always found something to eat though. Maybe it might be nice to have a few English dishes on the menu once in a while for some home comforts (that was probably the only thing we missed) but I understand that as a Muslim country they don't do pork.
The beach is gorgeous and clean with plenty of sunbeds and a nice beach bar and the watersports are great.
However the thing that made this holiday so great are the staff. The manager Firat at the long john silver bar was very friendly and we looked forward to going there every evening for cocktails. He made my son very welcome too, making him kids cocktails and laughing and joking with him.
I also need to mention Ali in the Chinese restaurant. It was the best meal we had all week and it was my partners birthday so they decorated the table and made him a birthday cake all as a surprise. Fantastic.
We will definitely go back.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Mrs Clare,

Thank you very much for the comments.

Also we would like to see you very much in our hotel again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hi I am going in October with the family. I am wondering if there is a dress code for men in restaurant. Eg can they wear flip flops and shorts to the knee.or is it other footwear. Looking forward to this holiday

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Learainbow
Dear Guest,

We are happy to welcome you in October and short to the knee are no problem in the restaurant. :-)

midlands
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on this hotel before going last week and have to say most are spot on. This is a large clean hotel but has a few issues need sorting to make it 4 star. To start with the positives, spacious room spotlessly clean with a great powerful shower, free wifi and a mini fridge. Brilliant kids club the staff there were amazing with the kids, nice clean beach, huge pools kept everyone entertained all day. Food was ok, got a bit repetitive especially lunches which seemed to be the same chicken, pizza chips and spaghetti every day. We enjoyed the 2 a la carte we visited (Turkish and Chinese) it was nice to be served at table and avoid the dining room scrum. Now this, and the sunbed situation was the main 2 poor points of this hotel. There was simply too many people at breakfast and dinner for it to be a relaxing experience. Usually in a 4 star hotel you would expect to be shown to a clean table and drinks orders taken. Not this one. You have to find your own (dirty) table and then fetch your drinks and then endure the assault course that is the buffet, dodging rude arrogant people who think nothing of pushing in and bumping into you. We did witness reserved tables and drinks service, don't know what you had to do to be afforded this luxury?? The sunbeds were another bug bear. Literally all the poolside spots were gone by 8.00am. We soon learnt that this holiday was going to be a week of early starts, both to get a sunbed and to enjoy a relaxing breakfast which was possible if we made it to the restaurant by 7.30am. Other poor points, limited drinks menu served in plastic cups, things like orange juice, decent ice cream, popcorn etc all cost extra so not totally all inclusive. Creepy bloke in gift shop who followed us round so closely I was going to ask if he wanted to sit on my lap. All these things in my opinion makes this a good 3 star hotel but not a 4 star like we have previously experienced. However for a weeks break it was nice but glad I did not pay the school holiday prices as do not feel this would have been value for money. Finally, I recommend you book the Turkish bath in side (through the reps) it was a great experience we took two young kids and they loved it.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank midlandsgirl
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your comments. We will be more careful by cleaning the tables. The service in restaurants and bars is self service and it is sometimes not possible to make the table service. The other issues you mentioned we will work on these.

Pontardulais, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

just got back.To all the doubters out there if you want a fantastic holiday for you and your family go to hotel pegasos world in side turkey. This was my second visit to this hotel and as before a great holiday. We were a party of seventeen people from 20months twins up to 60 year olds there was 8 children in the party and the hotel catered for them all. The new water park was fantastic with big slides and small. The poll is huge and plenty of shade for the little ones .if you miss breakfast don’t worry as food is served all day around the pool area. The drink was good as we all liked to drink and the staff all very helpful. Thanks to the management staff nuri who will do almost anything for you from arranging days out to food when you leave also thanks to mahir and saim.i never listen to what people say go and experience it yourself all in all great value for your money well done pegasos world see you again. Should be a gold star next year.

Room Tip: speak to nuri catering manager.or mahir akyildiz the will sort out almost anything for you