“bad location,bad food..only Russian and Turkish speaking staff..”

Laphetos Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #298 of 334 Hotels in Manavgat
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I was here in September 2012 with my fiancé...in short: At firsth they gave me a smoking room, we both are non smokers, so I was asked the young receptionist about kidness and change the room on non smoking...he told me that it ´s not possible although during the check in I gave him 10 Eur..tip for the kidness... so I must spoke with front office manager, he was ok and exchanged our room on non smoking and with nice sea and pool wiew... For Housekeeping ladies it ´s normal for me gave them some tips... I gave them 5 eur not together but in 12 days somethimes 1 eur, and we have cleaned room every day.. it was ok, the rooms also ok, big, bathtube..I was disgusted eiht russian guests, they was arogant, noisy and all staff spoke only russian or tukish... so I can not to speak or ask anything because they did not speak English or German...Food.. in two times was kebab, but in wasn ´t any chance to tasted it because the russian people takes big and full plates of the meat and when we was waiting in the queue was finnish... the food was always the same and unflavoured.. I was expecting more turkish food, more fish...the beach...the written sand - pebble, but it ´s too rock and gravel.. everywhere was cigarettes filters.. to the next city was about 25 kilometters.. taxi was expensive and the travel with "dolmuš" their city bus was good, but they finish about 9 at the evening... so we must returned to the hotel too soon...and for young it ´s not good..evening animation program was somethimes and still in russian..On this hotel it start to bee see that it was buil in the 2008 and nobody take care of....This hotel is maybe only for old people which wants quite holiday or for family.. not for young people....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank KariCzech

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed, together with my parents in law, husband and a little daughter at this hotel in June, fortunatelly only for one week. Two days after our arrival father got sick with gastroenteritis (he ate only the food in the hotel) and got so sick, that after having been throwing up all night he lost his consciousness, fell and hit his head and had to be picked up by emergency and hospitalized. After his fall, while laying on the floor he threw up again on the carpet. We had to ask at the reception repeatedly to have the room cleaned. The carpet they haven´t clean at all till the end of our stay. When checking-out, the boy at the reception asked us (with quite miserable english) 0to pay 300dollars for "destroying" the carpet, otherwise, we would not be allowed to leave. We wanted to speak to the manager, so the boy called him, manager came, told something to the boy in Turkish and walked away, he refused to talk to us. ...So we have paid 300dollars!!! for the stain on the carpet. Our insurance company told us to make pictures of the dirty room, but 2 hours after check-out, we were not allowed to enter the room (the "destroyed" carpet was probably ready for new guests at that time).. .
Irrespective of this awful experience, the stay at the hotel was far from the nice holidays. Big part of the negatives was associated with the guests of the hotel - majority were russians and to be honest, I was very surprised with their behaviour. They were generally very unpolite, almost fighting at the tables with food, drinking huge amounts of alcohol from the very morning. The biggest problem was that they were quite loud almost all night long and since majority of the rooms had the door located to the open corridors above the lobby (such as ours), it was qiute hard to get good sleep.
The pool was nice and big and almost empty all the time (majority of guests prefered bars). Tobogas would be nice too, but they worked only 2 hours a day(in June). Beach was nice, too.
Kids playground was not very maintained and was dark after sunset.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Natalia M
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed in Laphetos from 18th of July to 29th of July 2012. Before I decided to go there I red the reviews in TripAdvisor and sort of ignored them thinking they were old (from 2010) and something must have been changed for good since then. I was terribly wrong. The only good thing was what nature has give them sea and beach. I'll try to explain in detail.
Good things: Room quite big and it was cleaned regularly. Bathroom with non working ventilation so if you have to stay longer there you will not need to go to sauna.
Bad things: Food was terrible I never experienced worst hotel (and believe me I know what is in 5 star hotels because since 2003 i choose Turkey for summer holidays). There were all kind of dishes with potatoes...... chicken meet (of course frozen god know from where) and rice. Two time during 12 days doner was served. Even most cheep fruit like watermelon was not served regularly or it was bad quality...
Pool was big enough but not very clean. i good ear infection in third day so i never get back to pool.
Beach was not cleaned (there was guy collecting the plastic glass from the beach once a day)
but you may find cigaret filters everywhere.
Staff was unprofessional mainly young and inexperienced staff was employed. During the dinner it takes ages before they were able to clean the table for the next guest. Waiters was taking time to talk to the young Russian girls instead doing their job.
My advice: PEOPLE DON'T GO THERE, read and trust the reviewers of TripAdvisor.
This hotel doesn't deserve 5 stars maximum 3 stars.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Agim27
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was the most diabolical holiday. The staff were rude, the food disgusting, the spa area was
filthy, the kiddies pool was rancid and the promised resturants were closed, entertainment was dire etc etc. Definitely a place to be missed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Hedgie11
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It had everything I needed but fell short on just aspect, which was, no staff working at reception had a knowledge of the english language. This did not affect me as I travelled with Turkish friends but had I not, I would have felt angry at not being understood - particularly if i had had a crisis. example: I went alone to the Reception area and asked the receptionist where I could find a Chemist as she did not understand I then used the words 'Pharmacy' and 'Pharmacia'. This is basic information that is quite important to know.

The beach needs more sand and less rocks.

The other thing that really bugged me was that from the outset I was fitted with a coloured rubber strap around my wrist for what I did not know at the tme but apparently I was to wear this the whole time I was there. As it happened, I did not understand initially and broke it off and put it in my pocket - it was later my friends explained if I lose it, I will have to pay 15 Lire for another one - I needed to have it to prove i belonged at this hotel. otherwise, a good holiday was had all round. thank you for that!

I would use this hotel again and may do this year!

ove

A

Room Tip: try finding a room that has beds with less firm mattress
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I have read some of the other reviews on this hotel, anyone who has rated it higher than terrible has been to kind. This hotel has turned me off of ever going to Turkey again. Not since the 80s or 90s have i stayed in a hotel where so many people have been ill with food poisoning. I have never seen so many people aged between 20-70 walking around the restaurant with a plate of chips & dry bread for there evening meal, to worried to try anything else.I noticed the Brussel sprouts after 2-3 days on the hot plate were then transferred to the salad section and covered in mayonnaise, mushrooms that had made so many appearances on the salad bar that a film had started to cover the whole dish along with what looked like fur growing on the mushrooms. In the rooms lack of hot water was a problem although the most disgusting thing we found was that not only was there no top sheet on the bed,[just a very rough very thick throw over] not only were they not changed regularly in fact they were not even changed between different people using the room. The whole place is a disaster, people are rating this hotel as a 2-3* this is so unfair on 2-3* hotels as i don't believe any-one would expect this level of service in the cheapest guest house. I hope people read a few of these reviews and decide not to take a chance on this hotel when there are so many other great 4-5* hotels out there...

Room Tip: choose a different hotel..
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank anthony53
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel is as the heading states in my opinion the worst hotel in the world, A bit of a bold statement but when you read what their website states you will receive when you book and actually compare to what is on offer it is indeed the worst hotel in the world.

Location and looks of hotel

Driving in to the hotel was a bit of a ghost town look and resembled a Prison camp, This gave me a bit of an uneasy feel in my gut but thought keep open mind and see what our 2 week break in the sun brings.

Check In

We arrived at the hotel at 4.15 in the morning , No welcome or greetings , Threw a room key on the worktop and pointed to a room on the 6th floor and told no bell boy or anyone to show where , The uneasy feeling was still there but thought as was middle of the night we would get up to the room and grab a few hours then see how it all fell into place in the morning.

Room

Initial first impression while walking round looking for room was the strange smell it was like a mix of gas and bad drains , Found our room and must say this is the only plus point for the Hotel, Not 5 star by any means but after our arrival and our check in I was pleasantly surprised and thought we would be ok.

Hotel layout and actual interior.

Marble all over so a definite illusion of a 5 star nice looking lobby bar on main landing, down stairs a couple shops etc and a gym and the usual turkish bath, quick glimpse outside and see fantastic pool with a few bars etc , Have to admit I thought we are onto a winner here.

Food.

Had not eaten in a good 12 hrs so my 2 kids myself and the wife decided to get stuck into some fine turkish cuisine , Which restaurant would we choose was our question, Oldest son suggested follow the trail of people into the bottom eating area,

This is where the fun begins in our holiday , you are met by what can only be described as 3 hundred people walking round in circles looking at staring at strange recipes with an open mouthed look on their faces , in the mix of people doing the walk there are a select few mumbling that they are sick of the same crap day in day out , as my holiday got into the later stages of my sentence I actually spent many an hour amusing myself watching people change from the open mouthed into the rambling food critics,

Breakfast
First on offer as you walk in is bread which to be fair became a staple part of our holiday diet then we sampled the cold chips and vast selection of cheese , a quick scan round showed a few trays of cucumbers, tomatoes and a selection of what I later called the hotels signature brussel sprout recipes what these guys can do with brussel sprouts has to be seen to be believed , I then found a large tray full of fried eggs that looked as though they had been in the pool for a swim.
I thought id found my saviour with cereal but bent the end off the spoon trying to get these from the big bowl into my small bowl, I thought the milk was mixed with raisins but was shocked to find that it was indeed the restaurants live in residential flies.

Lunch
Much the same as above, but the food is moved around into different places to fool you into thinking that it is a different selection , the eggs are replaced with small burger like things and there was a chicken leg cooked into a tomato sauce the chicken had a texture that it had been cooked previous and added to the sauce, as the holiday continued this tactic of pouring one of the previous meals recipes into another to create a whole new meal is evident daily and sometimes in front of your eyes( very amusing at first but extremely worrying as the 4 days I had being sick continually proved ) . I think the sickness I encountered could be due to issues with heating the food , the chefs bring the food out cold and sit it into the area that is supposed to keep the food warm , I assume the chefs think the hotplates will heat the food for them . A lady stumbled and dropped a bowl of pasta on me one day I flinched and expected to be burned , have to admit I was actually glad that the food was cold and was amazed that the food helped cool my sunburn.

Lunch
Same as above but a different shaped burger.

Entertainment

This was non existent , during our stay we played darts twice in a mini tournament there was nothing what so ever for familys or kids to do during the day at night we watched the film titanic that they project onto a wall 3 times this happens in the lobby bar, one evening our entertainment was to watch a previous years entertainment with the sound down because a fellow inmate complained the noise was to loud.

I will need to call this review to an end and will add a few chapters in the next few days as I am in desperate need of the loo , This is something that in the hotel was continuous and I have been home 1 day and is still continuous

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank BAZZERScotland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manavgat
Crystal Admiral Resort Suites & Spa
Nashira Resort Hotel & Aqua-Spa
Serenis Hotel
Serenis Hotel
#193 of 229 in Side

Been to Laphetos Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!