“Amazing”

Starlight Resort Hotel
Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Manavgat
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Amazing place to stay, lots of bars with free drinks and food. Good restraunts and buffets and a relaxing spa. The only bad thing about this place is that the spa costs money. Other than that it is. Very good hotel.

Room Tip: One with a balcony
1  Thank Mike D
There are newer reviews for Starlight Resort Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2012

the hotel is vvery elegant, the rooms are very spacefull and bright. The restaurant and the food are a 5 stars exepience. The beach has small rocks, but when you enter the see after the rock the is sand.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank daniela1212
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I'm probably going to give you the best review of this hotel, than any other British visitor, as I've worked in travel for over 15 years and have been to tonnes of hotels.

I've read the previous reviews and was so worried about telling my kids, however having used Tripadvisor as a selling tool, I knew to take some with a pinch of salt, and really review the hotel for myself.

So, here's my honest opinion. The main hotel and grounds are 5 star, I found the staff courteous and helpful. Some are more employed for the Russian market, therefore their English wasn't great, but most could help you and a lot spoke good English.

The bungalows are probably more a 4 star, but as we only slept there and showered there, that was fine. Based on how much we paid, I wasn't expecting the Ritz, and was quite comfortable in them.

The food: there was a huge selection when the 1500 hairdressers turned up, it was a bit repetitive, however, as there was so much choice, you could have a 3 course meal every night and not have to repeat this. There was tonnes of vegetable and salad options and cheese and eggs, so in my opinion the vegetarians were pretty well catered for considering any other destination I've been to.

The pools were lovely, the Aquapark was adequate, the spa was gorgeous and the treatments if you bartered were very good value.

You have access to the Sunrise hotel, so more choice of food and snacks, and if you're one of those people that has to be surrounded by English people and food, then you can go there too. For me, I like to think that when you go abroad, you should accept that other cultures and food choices are all part of it.

Probably the most disappointing for me, was the lack of organised activities during the day, when I've been to other all inclusive hotels, the Entertainment staff couldn't do enough to get you to join in, I think that maybe being the end of the season and not many people staying there, they had a very lackluster attitude towards work.

In my opinion, a good hotel, nice staff, perfect for me and my children and yes I would definitely go back, in actual fact my children want to go back next year. That's the first time they've wanted to back to the same hotel.

Room Tip: If you can pay the extra, then go VIP or rooms in the main hotel, however, I would stay in the bunga...
8  Thank nice35f
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Came for a world tour/conference; 1500 people staying from everywhere from China to Australia, Bahrain to Germany, Russia to Kazakhstan.. the list is endless! But this place is not for the British..
BAD:
Food - terrible!! a view shared by the majority of brits I spoke to. There just isn't much choice, and what there is just isn't what brits eat.. I lived on spaghetti and plain tomato sauce for the entirety of my time.
Pools - look lovely but unless you want frostbite stay out!!
Staff - just rude! If they don't understand you, they literally put the phone down on you or walk away from you. I'm not saying they should be able to speak every language, but there is struggling to understand people and then there's just plain ignorant and bad attitudes!
Beach - really hurts your feet, very rough sandy/stoney and going into the sea is pure stones.

GOOD:
Rooms - nice and big, lovely decor and furniture, comfy bed, lovely big balcony, good security with safe and lock on walk in wardrobe little room. Good power shower and bath.
Lobby - beautiful.
The cave - really good little bonus to this hotel. It is a bit like a rave, but it is good! Great to have an onsite night club!
- shops onsite so no need to venture out however, there is a nice shopping area with quite a few shops just 5 minutes away.

All in all, I've been here on work so I'm not overly fussed about stuff (except the terrible food! I like food surprisingly!) but oh my gosh, if id paid to come here for a 2 week holiday, id be mortified and I think id be going home 2 stones lighter!!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank youngcheshirecouple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The hotel is absolutely fantastic clean and beautiful very cold swimming pools and the food is the same all week same menu for lunch dinner and no choice for vegetarians and kids grilled food is more boiled the waiters are very rude fist few days they come to you when you sit for dinner after they don't want to know they don't understand when you speak to them,Bar staff don't know what they doing every bar the cocktails taste different they just mix as they wish reception staff absolutely unhelpfull and rude they don't understand English,porters were great.it rained for three days and they had no entertainment or facility's they wash floors and no sign to say wet floor I slipped and the staff told me to cant you see it's wet. There is a fee to pay for ala carte restaurants but not worth it and general service is low quality guest were lovely and friendly and would never go back to this resort its a shame beautifull place badly managed

Kash M

Room Tip: The club suites are cramped
4  Thank Kash M
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This place is stunning. Yes, its booked mainly by russians but observing their antics is amusing in itself. The posing for photographs is hilarious! We didn't find the Russians boorish or rude, they just don't mix with the British. I don't go on holiday to become best pals with anyone so this aspect didn't bother me at all. It's nice to meet folk and have a chat but I've got friends, I'm not desperate to be pals with the couple next to me at the pool. The many pools are spectacular, the infinity pool is to die for. Just make sure you are booked into the hotel rooms because you are not allowed access if you are in the bungalows. The hotel bedrooms are magnificent, the lobby superb and the spa is amazing. I found the waiting staff to be lovely. If you smile and ask for something (whilst they may not understand immediately) they will try to help. I'm from Glasgow and have a strong Scottish accent - I was treated with respect and given wonderful service. I don't expect the waiters to speak English - I only speak one language to my shame - most of them spoke Turkish, russian and german. THe food is geared towards the russians but there was never an evening when I went hungry. There were masses of choices to be had. If you felt it was lukewarm, there was a microwave to heat it up. These things happen at buffets, if the last person doesn't close the lid on a dish it gets cold! The a la carte restaurants are charged at 15 euros per head. It depends on your room basis how many you can attend for free. We could go to one for free but a couple we spoke to who were also in the hotel rooms but had a pool view, could visit 3 restaurants for free. Not entirely sure how this works but must be more information on this from your travel agent. One thing to note - take US dollars. Because its mainly russians that seems to be how everything is priced. We took some lira and some english money and struggled to spend the English money when on previous visits (Dalaman area) that was the currency that was favoured. The grounds are huge, beach is great, entertainment is basic but perhaps if you go over to the sister hotel it may be more 'British' orientated. The local area has some shops and its about 20mins in a taxi to Mangavat if you want something more than shops. We had a fantastic holiday and we are returning next year. First time we've ever returned to a place we've holidayed at before.

Room Tip: book a hotel room, you get to access VIP areas like infinity pool, secret garden, special child free...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MistyTwix
Reviewed 21 October 2012

lovely pool areas, nice room in main hotel. Bonus having an English film channel and BBC entertainment channel showing Alan Carr & Eastenders etc.

Big big let down was evening buffet, food awful!! always cold or luke warm and very much aimed at the Russian guests which were the majority, i'd say £80 %!! Veal stew, huge lumps of boiled turkey.....terrible. Such a shame as the Italian a la carte was amazing with fab service. Shame we couldn't eat there everyday. Didn't try any other a la cartes as menus didn't look that great. Saw fresh chips coming out & when i tried one even they were cold!! Breakfast ok, lunch ok. Drink selection good as they did a Baileys equivalent. Staff were fine, just didn't speak lot of English.

The vip policy seemed a bit of a joke, any tom dick & harry seemed to be able to use any pool, even though we'd paid extra to have use of infinity one. We used the secret garden pool even though we hadn't paid for 'TOP VIP' to use it! NO WRISTBANDS, so how do they know who is VIP and who isn't? I paid extra for VIP & found out i had to pay extra to eat in the Meditteranean restaurant yet those who weren't VIP could eat here for free?!! That does not make sense!

Gorgeous pier into the sea and great weather, food really was a let down.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple