“Excellent hotel, bar captain Ali very good and helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sentido Flora Garden

Sentido Flora Garden
Ranked #24 of 324 Hotels in Manavgat
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, bar captain Ali very good and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very nice hotel we stayed August 2013. The food was very nice especially the steak (extra charge) and the fish restaurants, the buffet was ok pretty good choice. The beach and swimming pools are very nice and sun beds are always easy 2 get. Our room was ok but a few issues with the tele not working (just a few channels) and the air condition leaking sometimes. The bar staff and restaurant staff are on the whole very helpful and friendly. I must point out that the bar captain Ali was the stand out employee, he was always extremely helpful, friendly and very funny which made our stay that little bit better. Overall a very nice holiday!!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just returned from a lovely week at the Flora Gardens hotel. We were looking for a relaxing, chilled out holiday and that's exactly what we got here. From reading some reviews before coming, we had upgraded our room to a sea view room and were not disappointed (however a lot of the other hut-style rooms still did look very nice just maybe not with as good views). We got room 604 and our balcony looked out over the pool to the sea - we had the perfect view for the sunsets every evening (the sunsets were beautiful). The room itself was spacious and clean and the air conditioning was really good which kept the room comfortable in the heat. The housekeeping was also very good. On our second day we noticed the power cutting out now and again in the room but as soon as we informed them at reception they sorted it straight away for us with absolutely no hassle. The staff on reception were always very efficient.

The food was brilliant - lots of choice at the main buffet restaurant and the snack bar by the beach was a good alternative for lunch. We used both the fish restaurant and Turkish restaurant which you can use once each for free in your stay and both were good. I can be quite picky with fish but their was enough options and I probably preferred it to the Turkish restaurant (although the Turkish restaurant has a brilliant setting as your are so close to the sea and its lovely in the candlelight). We paid the 20 euros per person to use the Teppanyaki restaurant and would definitely recommend it - you get five courses so definitely won't go hungry! We had no complaints about the service in any restaurant - the staff were all great. Make sure to try the wee pancake house - definitely worth a visit.

We spent a lot of time at the main pool. Being an adult only hotel it was always relaxing and peaceful and we never struggled to get loungers. The pool bar had lots of options and the waiters there were also great. We had lots of sex on the beach cocktails which we enjoyed but there were a lot of cocktail options.

The Spa - we got the couples Turkish bath/massage which got sold to us as a package. We did really enjoy it and I also got a back massage with hot stones which was also very relaxing. The only negative is that the staff in the spa sell to you a bit much - it almost put me off going back to book a second treatment. But if you know exactly what you want it's not a problem and I don't regret getting the Turkish massage - we paid 65 euros each for the Turkish Massage package and would definitely pay more for everything included at home.

Evening entertainment - it didn't in anyway affect our holiday but we thought it was quite poor. It was quite repetitive and most evenings was karaoke style singing catering to more senior guests. Given a good number of the guest seemed to be in their 20's and 30's we didn't feel it varied enough. In the piano bar in the evenings a piano player would play background music and this was very nice.

All in all we would definitely recommend the Flora Gardens hotel if you are a couple looking for a relaxing and peaceful holiday in beautiful surroundings. The staff, food, room and facilities were all great and the surroundings absolutely perfect.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I booked a two week all inclusive holiday for my partner and myself. We stayed from the 8th August to the 22nd August 2013 and had an amazing time. It was better than I had dared to hope it would be.

Entertainment: let me start with Anna and Chris. These two are amazing. Anna's energy knows no limits and they make sure that you are entertained throughout your stay. The 3pm quiz at the main pool was great and we enjoyed the quiz nights after dinner as well as Anna and CHris singing. The act, Take Two were good singers, but the repertoire was a little too old for the age of the guests. Thank you Anna and Chris (no inappropriate pictures posted)

The room: Amazing room. We only had a standard room and I was concerned, but I didn't need to be. It was very clean, had a lovely balcony facing the garden. The bed was comfortable and it was cleaned daily to a high standard. Good air conditioning, which was needed for the 40 degree temperatures. A perfect room for 2 weeks.

The hotel: The staff here are wonderful. Fatih at the main pool bar is great and always willing to give you a smile as he throws the ice into the cup (try the blue Hawaii). The main pool is very big and e lounges are comfortable. I was amazed at how quiet it was during the day. It has a great view of the beach and the sunset. The gardens are good. Wee saw turtles hatch on the beach which was a highlight.

The food: Try the pancake bar for lunch! The buffet is varied and there is so much that you can have something different every night. If you get bored with the buffet then you get a free meal at the Turkish and fish restaurants which are both great. For £20 a head you can book the teppanyaki restaurant and the steak restaurant. Both are worth a visit. The steak was my favourite. Lunch at the beach bar is good.

The excursions: We did the blue deluxe cruise. It was a great day, definitely worth doing. We saw adult turtles swimming. You stop about 4 times to swim in the ocean and it is quiet and very relaxed. The manavgat market tour is worth doing, but the textile market is a let down. Over priced fake shirts are not my thing. Other guests recommended Side by night as a good trip but we didn't do it.

The Spa: My only negative comment relates to the over priced spa. I paid €100 for a two hour massage and turkish bath and only got 80 minutes with no explanation or offer of a refund. They then tried to sell me 4 more treatments for €350! They make the prices up and the massages are not great. They would be much better reducing the prices to around €30 and I am sure they would get much more business. Book the scours ion through Josh the Thomson rep to the local turkish bath which is much cheaper.

Don't use the market in the complex. It is not run by flora garden and is very expensive. I broke my sunglasses and needed a new pair. I paid 45 Turkish Lira. Once I discovered the market across the road, about a 5 minute walk, I got another pair for 10 Lira and a bottle of sunscreen for €6 opposed to the €27 they wanted to charge in the hotel market.

Overall this is definitely a great holiday for doing nothing and relaxing. If you want a quiet place with no kids jumping in the pool then book it now. The age of guests was much lower than I expected. I am 35 and a lot of the guests were younger than me. We made a few good friends there and had a fantastic time. Thank Flora Garden.

Room Tip: If you can afford the sea view upgrade then you won't regret it. The standards rooms are great...
4 Thank ants27
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday at the Flora Garden hotel and having used trip advisor during our research I thought it was only fair to return with my comments. I will break it down for you...

The Room

We stayed in a room with a limited sea view just by the 'relax pool’, which was a great location, and I would have no problems staying there again. Facilities in the room were excellent and the air con was a godsend most days. The maid service was good however they did seem to just forget our room on one of the days and we had to ask reception for new towels. Improvements = The sound proofing isn't that great... and all of the power shuts off in the room when your not in it which makes it difficult to charge iPods and cool the room down with the air con. A second key would fix the latter issue.

The Food & Drink

The quality and choice of food in the main restaurant is brilliant, you can’t help but pile your plate high with all kinds of different foods. The Al A Carte restaurants are also worth a visit, not necessarily because the food is much better/different but because the setting and atmosphere is wonderful and makes a change from the busy buffet. The fish restaurant I thoroughly enjoyed however the Turkish restaurant was a little disappointing mainly due to poor service on the night. The stand out for me though has to be the Teppenyaki restaurant, which was our favorite night; the food, service and company (We met 2 lovely Newcastle couples which really made our evening) were all perfect and well worth the 25 euro per head.

The hotel is dotted with various snack bars; I would recommend visiting the pancake house, which was great fun. The ice cream/patisserie bar is a nice addition however the waiter who serves it needs a slap, I have never met a more rude/miserable person, we weren't the only ones who noticed his poor service as other guests had commented also.

The hotel is not a true 24 hours which is a shame as there are gaps in the times they serve food which I found myself feeling hungry with nothing but expensive room service or mini bar available.

Improvements = The midnight buffet needs more selection, it was pretty dire. For the price of the hotel it should be 24 hours all inclusive and things like having to pay for drinks after midnight and pay for the minibar really let the place down. The morning orange juice is awful!

The Water

There are 2 pools and we spent almost our entire holiday by the relax pool which was just that. We never had any problems getting a bed and it had its own bar. There were a few days when the relaxing atmosphere was punctured by the childish antics of some small groups of immature adults but other than that it was spot on.

The beach is a bit of a non-event, we only went down once and the sand is so sharp we didn't bother again.

Improvements = Rocks to throw at loud people by the relax pool (You know who you are!!!)

The Entertainment

Anna and Chris (Who I know are reading this for their daily dose of gossip) are excellent at bringing a bit of life to the party, their daily quiz is always good for a laugh and they always make everyone feel included and spend time in the evenings chatting.

The only problem with the evening entertainment is it’s not that varied and its definitely catered towards the 'older' clientele which is a shame as there was a large percentage of quite young couples. There is a duo on every evening and sometimes during the day, very talented and great background music but it can become monotonous.

The Karaoke bar is good fun if you can keep yourself awake long enough.

Improvements = Mix it up a little, have some live bands on, movie nights, etc. Cater for the Younger Crowd. (Chris - A little less Olly Murs! - Haha).

The Spa (Don’t bother!)

We went to the spa on the first day and were pushed into getting an expensive couples massage package which was OK but not worth the extortionate amount we were charged. I mentioned the high prices to which I was told by the manager in not so may words that I obviously wasn't his ‘preferred clientele’?! The spa manager is very very very pushy (Borderline harassment). We had many complaints from fellow guests about the spa so it wasn't just us.

Anecdotally we spoke to the reception manager about this and he said that they make the prices up as they go along.

Improvements = A complete overhaul of the offering and the manager! They would be rammed with people if it wasn’t for the manager and the prices.

Activities

We went on the Manavgat Waterfall trip which was excellent value for money. We were also told that the boat cruise is a must but it clashed with our arrival date and our leaving date do we could go. It would be great if they could offer more dates for this.

My partner spent time in the gym and going to the Pilates class which she loved and said the guy who runs the classes is fantastic.

We used the basketball facilities most evenings which was good fun but they need a new basketball!

Other than that there really isn't much else to do except relax!

Overall

We had a great holiday and met some great people and would definitely return again if some of the above issues were fixed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Kyle T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

just returned from a week stay at the hotel and we a great time. the only minor issues were the evening entertainment was very repetitive being 5 nights out of 7 having the same singing duo, with outdated music choices. another issue was the amount of time food was unavailable (11-1 and 5-7:30), so try and eat dinner later on in the afternoon to avoid being hungry. overall the stay was great, the hotel and room was immaculate, would definitely recommend a limited sea view room, staff were brilliant and the choice of food and drinks were good quality and of a wide variety.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank adam2010emma
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Lovely hotel staff very helpful and friendly, a special thank you to betul the waitress and atiiye our house keeper. Entertainment good but a bit repetative well done to anna, chriss and take two for keeping us entertained. Had a problem with bad sewage smell one evening after being at entertainment called reception at 11 45, sent some one down with spray!!! Called thompsons hour later and problem solved in morning.Was very hot so expect some bad odours but ours was very bad!!! Overall a lovely peace full hotel would go again.A big special thanks to josh our rep was always helpful and friendly.Got to see baby turtles they so cute. Definatly upgrade to sea view if you can.

Room Tip: upgrade to seaview
2 Thank angiejohn
middlesex uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

although my holiday at the hotel was great , and the staff were excellent ,abdul ,nadir .and all the chiefs lol. the food was superb ,so much to choose from . you had to eat at the times stated not when you were ready ,with my experience with fully inc ,you can eat and drink when it suits you . you have a mini bar in your room but it very expencive. and you can only have fully inc drinks till 12am ,and when the food time is up they clear the desserts away weather your finished or not with out notice . my overall pic for the holiday is very good just a few minor issues they could sort . this is a relaxing holiday away from the main town .. and if your lucky enough you can see the baby turtles . beware they try to put you in a room a far way from the complex so you will up-grade . all i can say is haggle on everything . lol overall 7.5 -10

2 Thank BIG G r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manavgat
Crystal Admiral Resort Suites & Spa
SENTIDO Perissia
SENTIDO Perissia
#15 of 228 in Side
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,950 reviews

Been to Sentido Flora Garden? Share your experiences!