“Another wonderful Flora experience”

SENTIDO Flora Garden
Ranked #26 of 334 Hotels in Manavgat
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is the second time my fiancé and I have been to flora garden, our first visit being in 2012. A few things had changed but only improved.
We had a lovely week, it's all about chilling out in this hotel so it's just perfect for a weeks. break away, I probably wouldn't want more than a week though, there's not loads to do in the immidiate area but easy bus or taxi rides to Manavgat, Side and alanya.
The only problem we encountered was that the room we were put in first was very close to the busy road the other side of the wall and we found it too noisy, the hotel were quick and gracious and moved us easily, however that may be because we went out of peak time, I imagine this wouldn't of been so easy if the hotel was full.

The rooms are brilliant spacious and stylish. around the pool and beach there ade lots of sun loungers so you never have to get up early to claim one, in fact this is not encouraged, they also offer yoga every morning and Tai chi, I joined in a few yoga classes, they're held in the Zen garden which became my haven (such a special place).

The food is excellent, cannot be faulted, great selection, amazing quality and presentation, there's also very few hours in the day that something's not open.

One of the best things has always been the people / staff at the Flora Garden, so helpful and so positive. I want to give special mention to SERKAN one of the waiters in the restaurant, he made extra effort to make our stay enjoyable and was always so upbeat and respectful and ALI the very friendly and upbeat bar man, nothing was too much trouble for him.
I really enjoyed meeting our Thompson entertainment team HOLLY and RUTH too, Holly's voice is beautiful and no doubt we'll see her selling albums in the future, both ladies are extremely gentle and kind and a pleasure to be around.

Flora garden remains for us a fantastic place to spend a chilled out week. We break up the week with a few trips here and there and maybe a visit to the spa. (Amazing massages) the a la carte restaurants are a
great touch too.

On another note if you are planning to buy any gold or diamonds whilst here I highly recommend brilliant jewellers in SIDE.

Till next time, Flora. Thankyou.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank GemFit
Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We just returned from the Flora B. Garden and I am still full of inpresions. I must to truly say that all negative reviews on this page for this hotel are from totaly stupid guests. Even if we had stayed here for 7 days I have never enjoyed my holiday more than here. Staff is excelent (remind the novices in bars, restaurant, hotel...you can meet them - do not behave like a witch to them and just enjoy your days). So excellent food I have not savored so far (Mustafa's sushi is tastefull). We were served by Ibrahim and all the evening and morning became brilliant. But I can not forget the other - they are great, all the time with smiling, it is a dream to be with you. :) My biggest star is Miss Sibel in the reception, who taught me Turkish at the desk :). Turkce cok iyiyim konusamiliorum (ama az) - I'm going to be better for next stay in knowledge of your language. Dear guest do not waste your time and book this hotel. You will thank a god and the turkish hotel staff cause enjoying your life. One note from the last day.... If you will forget to buy a stamps and you wanna do it at last time at the airport Antalya - do not buy them at GIFT and Suveniers - they sell it for 2 Euro eatch, by the PTT next informations you get them for 2,20 T. Lira (1 dollar). :)

Room Tip: 946 Room is quite and not so far from the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank DaviTSuchy
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Booked as a last minute holiday, first time we have gone All Inclusive as we tend to enjoy eating out, however we decided to give it a go. The hotel on arrival was pleasant, they could prepare better for late arrivals as after a 5 hour flight and 1.30hrs transfer you would like to think you could get a drink at 1am but you can't (this put my partner in a bit of a grump). The next morning all was forgiven as we opened the curtains to unveil a spectacular sea view and beach right on our door step. The rooms were clean and modern and very comfortable.

Food choices were ok, but I myself am a fussy eater and as this was a couples only hotel they didn't cater for the less adventurous (kids). Most nights I ate plain pasta and fries, the beach hut (snack bar) on the beach though provided a nice selection of pizzas and burgers during the day. My partner loved the food and tried just about everything!! Drinks however were plenty with a good selection of house brands to keep to the AI.

Entertainment: Samey, but enjoyable. 3 times a week there is a nightclub/karaoke which after a few wines is always a good idea! AI finishes at 12am so I would recommend ordering a few cheeky drinks before then if you want to avoid paying.

Overall an enjoyable holiday. The location on the beach great for those who like to stay within the hotel. I think a week was long enough and any longer we would have been bored. Hotel is aimed more toward older couples but this came as a welcome break from the usual hustle and bustle.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Shmets
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Thomson advertise this as five star, it is more three star. A few of the main areas Piano Bar mainly, we couldn't sit in here due to the terrible smell resembling sick,I have no idea what was causing it but it needs resolving, also the reception area if you sit to near to the entrance of the toilets this smells as well. Our room also had a smell of sewage, we never asked to be moved as we were aware that the hotel was full and people before us had asked and were told it was not possible. Restaurant area was ok , but cats roaming around in here, and on a couple of occasions sometimes walking across tables, probably didn't help having the cat area by the entrance to the restaurant. Although lots of people staying here were very impressed with the food, we have stayed at quite a few All inclusive hotels and this was not the best cooked food or selection of food we have had, and food was very rarely hot. Staff behind food areas were continually on mobile phones, and my last morning, there appeared to be an ant infestation problem behind one of the counters. We very quickly became aware not to take the top plate as there were always flies crawling all over them. We did eat in the Turkish restaurant one evening and this was the best meal we had throughout the whole holiday. Entertainment good, but only entertainment during day was 3.00 quiz, would have been nice to have had a bit more. The grounds could have been lovely but were very overgrown and need more attention. More three star than five.

2  Thank lynnw549
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend needed a 2 week all inclusive chill out holiday.
This was it, the staff were lovely, the food was delicious, so much choice. Cocktails included which is a bonus.I also did the exercise classes and the teacher was really good especially pilates.

The most amazing part of our holiday was getting to see baby turtles hatching on the beach.

The only thing was that the beach was a bit ruff for us (pebbles) and if we hadn't of made friends we would've got incredibly bored of the evening entertainment, it was a bit to similar night after night which was a shame as the staff were lovely.

All the staff were lovely especially the dinning staff we really did look forward to our meals each night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Laura N
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I am rating this Hotel as DISABLED PERSON . We booked the Flora Gardens last September ,and was booked for a room in the main building as I have walking difficulties and was using 2 crutches at the time .the assistant who booked it for us showed us the brochure and also booked me assistance at the airport.
The hotel is fine for anyone able bodied but there are steps everywhere ,each section of the buffet is negotiated by several sets of steps the same goes for getting to the cabins and the pools .the brochure for 2014 has not been changed to advise of this ,so I hope this report will be of help when choosing this holiday.

5  Thank polly84
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our first ever adults only holiday and we paid a premium for this (September 2013). The fact that it was adults only was great and we will certainly go adults only in future. However the hotel was disappointing.
Room - Our deluxe sea view room was dirty, so bad in fact that I complained to the rep. But nothing was done and dirt on the floor when we arrived was still there when we left after two weeks. The shower in the bathroom leaked very badly and was so springy that water came back up through the tray when it was stood on. We reported this to the hotel management who arranged for it to be fixed. The 3 guy's who came to fix it simply put some sealant down. Surprise surprise the leak simply moved to a different place from the shower tray. The room terrace was down half a dozen dangerous steps and was basically scraggy grass, the paving being totally overgrown. The lighting was very poor but fortunately we had a torch.
General appearance - there was quite a bit of green at the Flora Gardens but gardens is an overstatement. It was noticeable that there was very little gardening activity and we only saw gardeners on two days maximum.
Food - Initially we thought that the food was good, and it was but very quickly became monotonous.
Bars - Were OK but nothing more than that. The main lobby bar had a bad smell, so bad that we stopped using it. I think that this was a cleanliness issue because one of the bar staff took delight in filling glasses with fruit juice from over his shoulder. Great spectacle but the juice went everywhere and wasn't cleaned up. I think that this caused the smell. The main outside bar offered entertainment that was initially good but again became monotonous. There was lot's of broken glass on the floor between the cobbles. We saw a number of people cut their feet in the daytime when walking to the toilets and outside bar.
Overall - poor standards, poor cleanliness, poor rooms and for Turkey expensive.
We will not be returning to this hotel.

10  Thank WhitstabubbleKen