“Lovely hotel, lovely trip”

Asteria Elita Resort
Ranked #174 of 334 Hotels in Manavgat
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My family and I have just returned from a very enjoyable week's stay at the asteria elite hotel. We had a private transfer from the airport which is about 45 mins especially if you get the driver we had :). Very straight forward and easy check in and as we went all inclusive we were given wrist bands to wear. I believe they offer SC, HB, FB and AI? We had requested a 2 bedroom appt as we are a family of 5 and asked for a quiet location. We were in one the villa complexes which was no more than a 30 sec walk to the main lobby. The room was absolutely lovely. Main double bedroom for me and the wife and a separate bedroom with a double for the girls and a single for my son. Both rooms had balconies and the bathroom had Bath/shower. As we were AI the mini bar was free and stocked daily with alcohol, soft drinks and bottled water and the room was cleaned daily to a very high spec.

It must've been fairly new in to the season as for the first couple of days it was relatively quiet. The food was stunning and you never went hungry. There were always hot and cold selections for all meals ie breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also served food at the pool bar and that too was fantastic. They offer a wide range of food covering everyone's taste. Drinks were good quality, I'm not a massive drinker but enjoyed the local beer and the wife was on piña coladas and baileys, kids enjoyed endless coke, water and non alcoholic cocktails - if not all inclusive, these could've been quite expensive. We also had free ice creams which came in handy with the kids. They also offered waffles, candy floss, a la carte amongst other things.

The main pool which is huge was very cold and 1.4m deep everywhere so be mindful of this with smaller kids. I enjoyed jumping in after sun bathing and we definitely had a good week in terms of weather. They also had an indoor pool which was very popular but again 1.4m throughout and minimal lifeguard supervision. Well equipped gym which I struggled to understand why people would use on holiday - perverts! The staff especially the animation team worked very hard and were always helpful should you need them. Our kids spent time with the mini club which was well run. They also did archery, beach volleyball, air rifle shooting etc - loads to do if you wanted to. The staff worked from 8am to sometimes gone midnight and still smile the next day. We found out how much they earn and it's awful but they do it and do it well. They love young white English girls and one of mine is blond and blue eyes therefore she was centre of attention which, at times, was a little off putting but I don't think there was anything sinister behind it.

Local entertainment was on most evenings as well as kids disco.

English is definitely not the first language neither is Turkish. The hotel became extremely popular with Germans which ordinarily isn't a problem but the rude ones must've arrived at asteria elite 2nd half of the week which got on my nerves slightly. German is very much the first language.

Beach wasn't great but then the pools were so never really used it. When we did walk along it seems as the resort is up and coming as there was lots of building work going on. But then again, for us it was about relaxing as a family, not saying no to kids and spending time by pool which we achieved.

There is a bazaar across the road were you can get knock off shirts clothing for about £6 a top, we used Turkish lira.

Overall, good points are food, rooms, cleanliness, staff especially animation, unlimited drinks, ice cream and food for AI, facilities.

My only gripe is with smokers (of which I'm an ex). I accept there's a big cultu across Europe but sometimes when the saturation was busy, you could sit outside to eat and people, mostly German, would start smoking next to you whilst you were still eating which got on my nerves Nd I made my feelings known to a few. Although given up, I think I've smoked at least 40 through passive smoking. You are free to kill yourselves but all I ask is to be considerate to those around you who don't want to die just yet. I also saw an English couple encouraging their son to smoke who could've been no older than 18 - why would you???

We would go back but there's not much to do outside the hotel. We fell in love with Turkey so before he head off back here, we will explore other areas first.

Room Tip: Family room 7201 was lovely and ideally located away from main bar area so no noise in the evenings.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave24872450

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Good hotel,Good food for vegetarians,entertainment was crap in the night

The staff were friendly at reception. They even upgraded us after few days. The great thing about the hotel was you will never go hungry. There is always food near the bar, main eating areas, beach and hut.... There was always different variety at dinners. Fresh chinese, mexican made in front of you. The only thing is the food was a bit repetitive especially if you're vege. But then again coz the food was so delish we didnt mind the repetition. I must say the deserts were just out of this world. Such great variety. I dont normally eat cakes but i did daily here.There's a kids section too for food and deserts. Tons of various salads,fruits, hot food, pizza in the bar area and chips....food galore...

you can even speak to the main chef if u have a special diet.

There is a full breakfast from 8am-10am then a continental 10am-11am just incase u missed the early one. Then lunch at 12noon till 2pm. Again huge variety. There's even a hut near the beach with a lady making fresh turkish flat bread stuffed with any toppings till 4pm. All the waiters and staff were willing to add and mix anything for us as we were vegis. Just sometimes we got abrupt staff at lunch time not wanting to find us a table for 9 people.

There was a mix of staff in terms of friendliness. some were lovely and helpful and others just abrupt but thats when they were busy only. It wasnt often though. Most to all staff spoke no english but the management did and they were very professional. If you have any problem or want to arrange anything special just go to the management team and not the regular staff coz they will outright tell you nothing is possible. But the management team were awesome, swift and very professional.

The hotel was alwayz fully staffed in all areas accept the Gym area the bar was vacant. And the gym had no one in there too. I guess someone coming to check every few hours would have been safer in the Gym as sometimes young children were using the machines and playing around with it.

There were lots of German and Turkish guests. Very polite and well mannered. Most spoke english and loved to hear us speak in english. We made a few friends. There were lots of babies and kids too. very cute. All well mannered and polite.

I would say it was a great hotel just the entertainment was crap but if u go in a group it doesn’t matter really. The resort I would say is mainly for families not for youngers who wanna go clubbing and mess around all day. Never the less it’s a very safe hotel. The shopping center is opposite the resort but u do need to bargain with them. I’d say the resort is for anyone who wants to relax, sunbathe, eat , swim have fun at night playing cards and bit of dancing…etc

Although they don’t serve shisha in the hotels u can bring your own and smoke it. Since it is all inclusive water is free too! U get lots of bottles and bottles of mineral water though out the day as much u want.

My family and I had lots of fun. I’m not sure if I would go to the same resort again, only coz I’d like to try out other areas of Turkey maybe. But wouldn’t mind going again though either in few years time. I’d recommend this resort to anyone who likes to chill by the pool and relax. Lovely!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank chutney M
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We had an excellent week at the Asteria in late Oct / Nov. Being late in the season the hotel wasn't full, so there was less demand for the facilities. Sun beds were available throughout the day and the food queues were generally minimal. The exceptions were waffles in the afternoon and candy floss (until the machine broke). The chips line was generally busiest in the restaurant, the buffet side was freely accessible. All the facilities were well maintained and problems were dealt with quickly. The staff were friendly, and though English wasn't always spoken staff would help out or find a colleague who could understand. Things were all kept clean and tidy with ever attentive staff.

Our family room in the main building had a large double for us and a bunk bed for the children. There was a small balcony with steel railings that left we with no worries for the children's safety. The room was clean and the minibar regularly restocked (no alcohol here though). The upper bunk was quite high and the ladder completely vertical, which may not suit some younger children. Our 7 yr old seemed quite OK with it though.

The main pool was a good size for all the guests (and inflatables) needs, at 1.4 M the children can't stand up. The water slides were orderly with a life guard always on duty to keep them safe. The plunge pool was perhaps a little shallow for an adult (1.1 M deep) but I guess it's really for the kids! There was a separate paddling pool for toddlers, away from the main pool.

The only criticisms were that the food wasn't that special. Catering for the masses inevitably means quantity rather than quality and whilst there was no risk of going hungry, by the end of the week I was ready for a change. This is not to say that there wasn't plenty of choice and an excellent salad bar to go with it, just a lack of haute cuisine. The deserts were a particular low point. The Turkish stickies were the best bet, the packet type 'fancy cakes and puddings' looked very good but we soon realised were best avoided. There was always plenty of fruit available. We didn’t get a chance to try one of the ‘special restaurants’ during our stay unfortunately.

Alcohol was freely available, but always of Turkish origins. Spirits offerings could be quite generous as well!

The other disappointment was the beach, which was of rather gritty sand on a very long straight beach marked out for each of the hotels. This coast line is similar throughout the Side area, so more of a resort area feature than criticism of the hotel itself.

Having been to the area before we didn't venture from the hotel so can't comment on any available excursions, taxi rides etc.

Other reviewers have warned of bad experiences with rude Russians at this hotel, however our week was spend almost entirely with German families and we had no problems.

So all in all we were very pleased with our hotel and would happily very go there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given the main building at the front, on one corner. Apart from a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Really nice hotel! Everything you need. I was there in 09/2012 for 1week.

The food is really like WOW!! Every day I was surprised. I have been a lot in Turkiye but this was really the best food I had and a lot of choice. You have a lot of choice inside.. But after day 2 I saw there was a lot of more choice in the buffet outside.. 10/10!!

The pool was very clean this also I never saw in Turkiye.. What a clean hotel!

So the rooms are also great a lot of space.. Day in day out they clean it and nice towels.. Also you can get free towels for the beach. Lot of bars also 2 lounge bars & pool bar & beach bar!
Our room was also in the main building this is better..
I really recomand this hotel!
Ps: sorry for bad english!

Room Tip: Ask a room on the 6th floor and you will get it. Ps : ask room in main building
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GillesVNieuwenrode
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is a high 4*-5* star hotel in terms of environment and facilities but the service and food is more 3* - but it is still more than adequate. The staff can appear surly and unhelpful but I feel this has a lot to do with the language barrier as this hotel mainly caters for Germans and Russians and the staff speak little English - but they speak sufficient for holiday purposes ("2 beers please" never failed to get me the desired result!).

There were very few English guests - but personally I liked not being surrounded by English people - I was going on holiday to Turkey, not Blackpool after all - but just wanted to point this out as some may be put off by it.

The food is buffet style and can become quite "same-y" after a week. You get a choice of one meal in a different restaurant per week and we opted for the Turkish restaurant - this was stunning. The wine was a decent red and a welcome change from the not so great wine served in the main area. Would definitely recommend taking the opportunity to go here.

We went in the third week of October and the weather was amazing. If you get this hotel on a low cost website it is certainly worth the money. For late autumn sun that's not too far from the UK this was a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I went to this resort with my girl for one week, overall it s a nice place rooms are nice and clean, food is very good drinks are not, they serve some "juice" rubish and only pinapple was a drinkable option other than water and coke. Alcohol only local and not so good either, mixed drinks are mixed very fast with poor quality, staff does not speak english, they seem to be ok with german some spoke russian and there are some russians among recepctionists and waiters, pool was ok some deckchairs were broken and should have been replaced also the padded blue stuff which they give should be repaired and cleaned fromtime to time as some of the deckbeds looked like russian water poľo team would puke all over them, some deckchairs at the beach were very dirty and a lot of them were broken, i would expect better service from 5* hotel, food was perfect with huge selction and option everywhere arround the resort, beach access is ok but a lot of stones also dont swim arround the ropes in the water as there are some jelly fishes, annimation team was ok arround the pool with lots of activities and games but on the other hand evening show was a total rubish and dissapointment, my 5 year old brother would throw a better show then them i had to leave after 10 minutes as it was a total disaster of culture, as for the guests there were a lot of russians (noisy drunk nasty) dutch french slovak and czechs,
overall good nice place good food friendly staff nice pool and great for families with kids as there is a lot to do for them, minibar, good wifi
Overall bad - horrible annimation program in the evening!!! Bad drinks, poor english, lot of russians, noisy

Room Tip: Pool side is a bit noisy
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mat A
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We spent our holiday in Asteria Elita from 11.09-18.09 with my husband and my 4 y old son. Previously I read a lot of reviews on this site so I was a little bit scared of but fortunately none of them came true.

Hotel: we received a room at the villa area and that was more than an apartment than a simple room (and it was a surprise for us). It was basically furnitured but it was more than enough for those 10 hours we spent in the room during the night. The room was always clean and tidy, the mini bar was daily filled if it was needed. The room was very silent we could sleep while the window was opened.
Probably if you have a room facing the main pool in the main building it can be noisy sometimes and it could be suitable for those young people who wants to party during their holiday.

Restaurant, bars: Variety of beautiful food, both local specialities and international meals. We could always find a clean and prepared table and the table service was also great. We also have very positive experience with pool bar and beach bar.
Pools, fitness center: water is very clean, slides are fantastic!, fitness center is well equipped. The only thing I did not understand that why was the indoor pool closed - I wanted to use it for some training-swimming.
Sunbeds - we always could find a lot of them even if we arrived to the pool at 10 AM.

Service: 5 star for all employees in the Hotel, everyone was very nice, smiling and help us everytime we needed. We only speak English (just very poor German) but we had never faced with language gaps or problems!

Animation: it is great that there are always some programs in the Hotel, the only negative point is that the music was sometimes extremely loud but I think that is something you can handle for 1-2 hours/day.

Summarized it was a great holiday, my son enjoyed it very much (mostly the slides and the mini disco) and we also enjoyed it. I dare to recommend it to anyone. One of the best hotels I've ever been in! Thanks for this great holiday for all of the hotel staff!!!

Room Tip: Villa area
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family