“nice holidays” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #144 of 324 Hotels in Manavgat
Michalovce, Slovakia
“nice holidays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I went Last year 2013 in jun with my sister for one week. Everybody was very friendly especialy by breakfast( restaurant captian pahsin dahinkayia bahri- was interested how you are and very helpfull) we had room in hotel and it was nice, could imagine to have. Flat TV and nicer bathroom, but we spent all the tíme outside so it was not Such an issue...pool excelent... Food, I had not complain... A lot of choices... Deserts.. We put on weight.. :-) nice mixed drinks served by pool.. Beach was A bit away but only A bit.. Beach bar was reachable.. We just had to asked doubble drink.. There have been mostly older People.. Not A lot of children, witch was super for us... A lot of german People, not A lot of russians. Evening program was nothing special. Poor quality.. What I liked hotel is having Such an cats houses and they are feeding them, I love animals.. What I didnt understand is how they agreed with Such an stupid Evening program with pure cats AS in cirkus.. Very bad.. All together.. I was satisfied... They costed money but all together nice holidays... In Evening sure they are by bar more happy from paying customers AS from all inclusives but that was ok.. Sometimes they have been tired and not so smily.. In hotel you can hear music from other hotels.. In night.. Maeby it is better in hauses back..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AHanke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Flobecq, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I went last summer at Asteria Elita Hotel in Manavgat (Turkey). It’s a big complex which is constituted of bungalows at the rear guard of the hotel. At front of the hotel, at beach side, are the restaurant, the pool bar, the beach bar and other entertainment areas. It’s located at about an hour of the airport. There is an easy access to the center of the town by dolmus.

I would not advise older people to go to this hotel, because you have to walk about four hundred miles from your bungalow to the restaurant or pool bar. This is very hard under the hot Turkish sun. Maybe it’s possible to book a room nearer to the reception, which is centrally located in the complex, for these people. This has the advantage that you can't hear any noise once you're in your room.

As regards of the restaurant, the food was very good and diversified. There was always something to eat anywhere in the hotel complex. All the people working in the hotel was friendly and welcoming. The whole was cleaned day and night. I’ve rarely seen such a tidy hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the reception.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Hashdelrey93
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Upon arrival, our general impression of the hotel was good. Unfortunately, this was not a general rule. The hotel is situated in a remote location, though for us this was not a problem, as we chose not to leave the hotel, as we wanted to rest en swim. The only positive element in this hotel are the swimming pools. Some of the hotel members are very rude, and when you do not speak the German language, you are treated as a paria. The hotel is severely overpriced, and not at all worth its 5 stars. The food is every day the same, and had not taste at all. The sandwiches at breakfast are dangerous for your teeth. The only positive thing is that the desserts are good. Our room was a real disaster : very tiny in general, very small beds, bad quality of cushons and mattrasses, a small TV with "snow" channels, a bad working minibar, and lots of mould in de bathroom. The toiletseat was loose, the bathwater had problems to vanish, and the wallpaper was dirty and loose at several places. The room and bathroom was not cleaned as it should be. As to the internet in the lobby ; the server was working very very slowly, and computers were filty and obsolete. So, do not book this hotel, you will be sorry !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Daniella V
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Traveled as couple at beginning of September 2013, stood for 9 nights.
Restaurants: A huge diversity of food, where you can find anything from fast food to vegetarians meals. You have plenty of dinning space from where to choose.
Bars: Ok, but the alcoholic drinks are not of top quality, except the beer (Efes), besides that, all others are local brands which are not the best out there.
Beach: Sand with pebble, very clean, plenty of sun loungers. Towel rule still applies.
Pools: 1 main big size pool, 1 medium villa pool and a mini pool for kids. Very clean and well maintained.
At some points both the pool and beach area can get overcrowded (11 hrs or 15hrs).
Staff and service: are very polite and helpful, especially if you are german/russian which seems to be their 2nd language spoken. Either way, no complaints or bad remarks.
Area of complex: huge complex, with various vegetation, extremely clean and well maintained. Security staff are patrolling everywhere and you can feel safe.
Room: normal furnishing, nothing special, very clean and quite spatious for 2 peeps. Cleaning is done daily, changing the sheets every two days, refilling of the mini-bar is done also daily.

There are only two bad remarks about this resort: internet connection is very bad throughout entire complex and the alcoholic drinks except beer could be better.

Room Tip: Choose Villa instead of Hotel room ! Better view, better air !.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SFV-Traveler
Devon, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My hunband and two children (4 & 6) travelled to the ASTERIA ELITA at the end of August for two weeks. We really had a fantastic time. I awways rely on Trip Advisor before booking my hotels because I think peoples review are really important. I will be as clear and honest as I can. I could have given it 5 stars as we really had a great time but there were a few things that were not perfect so I gave it four. All of these things are fairly minor in the grand scheme of things and they did not impact on our holiday greatly or ruin it.

GOOD THINGS:

Cleanliness: Superb. Room cleaned everyday. Sparkling, beds made, my children were particularily impressed with the way the pyjamas were laid out. Around the hotel the staff work tirelessly to clear. Never sat down at a sticky table, as soon as you had finished your drink it was cleared, pool areas were cleared, moped etc.

Food: Fantastic and plentiful: I have never seen so much food in all my life! It was delicious! I did not eat one thing that was not nice. People who moan about the food and say that it is all the same are purely greedy! Some people pile their plates (all ten of them) as high as they can and then leave half of it as they can't eat it all. If you eat everything all at once then yes, it would get a little boring! Have some restraint people! We were there for two weeks and ate like kings. We ate at the beach bar or pool bar at lunch times which did delicious kebabs or fresh fish and lots of salad etc. The quite pool also does yummy burgers, hot dogs and chips which my kids loved and was a nice easy snack without having to move! Endless icecreams with a great choice, my children must have eaten about 3 a day on average! Waffles at the beach bar in the afternoon, candyfloss at the main pool, cakes at the patisserie, Turkish delight in reception... and four other restaurant choices. We ate at the fish one and it was excellent. Only thing is, we left it a bot late to book the other restaurants and so they were all full. We could only get into the fish one so book early to avoid disappointment.

Rooms: Ours was spacious, great bunkbed for kids (safety bars on top), bathroom that worked and massive wardrobe. Our balcony overlooked the quiet pool which was fantastic as this is where we spent most of our time. We were in the Olive suites in one of the garden rooms. It was about a 4 minute stroll to the main bar through gorgeous gardens with Olive and banana trees etc. I would much prefer to be in one of these than the main hotel. It was much more peaceful and private.

Pools and Beach: The slides were great fun. Three good size slides for childrena and adults. Safe layout right by the bar so that you can watch the children easily (and with a beer!) The lifeguard is there all day and is brilliant and keeping a safe and ordered system going. Even though the hotel was busy it never seemed overcrowded. Once something dropped a drink or something in the pool and it was immediatly closed, cleaned, and re-opened. Very slick!
The main pool was too hectic for us. It was huge and lovely but was where all of the pool games etc went on (I will come back to this later) lots of big people splashing and messing about so we didnt spend much time in it. We did watch the pool games at midday as they were quite funny. The aqua aerobics was good! Normally, its a fat person activity but this one was a good workout!
The beach was nice. Slight shale (as with most of Turkey) but spacious, loads of loungers and shade. The jetty out to sea was fun and we put the children in rubber rings and jumped off. Only thing was there was a steep shelf and big waves so it was quite hard for the children to swim. We had great fun sitting on the sand and letting the waves pull us in but it was quite strong and quite a pull back in.
Our favourite was the quite pool by our room. This was lovely. Lots of loungers around the pool, a bar open all day till 6. Snacks at lunch. Icereams etc. Big pool, about 30m long so could swim. Steps for children to splash about. Best thing of all, no pool games and no terrible music blaring out.

BAD THINGS (my point of view)

Slippery tiles: The surface around the pools was lethal! So slippery they really should change it. I saw so many people really fall - just to be warned.
Entertainment: The entertainment is always cheesy, its to be expected. The children love it and enjoy the disco etc. BUT, the entertainment staff were far more interested in having a good time than the children. Our were at a disadvantage because we were English and the hotel was very German and any other Eurpean country bar England. Therefore hardly anyone spoke English and so they were ignored pretty much. The daily kids club activities were not updated and often they did different things to what they said. My daughter went to stone painting and it wasnt on, my son went to play football but there was nobody running it so it was chaos. This essentially didn't bother us as we spend our time otgether as a family but it was just not well organised.
The amphitheatre for the entertainment was right next to the other hotels so it was a nightly battle of the music to see whose would be louder. There was also no bar there and so you had to walk all he way back to get a drink. We saw an amazing dance act, fireworks and circus but also a TERRIBLE comedy show etc. That is to be expected. The children loved it all though as we found it amusing!

My main issue was the constant noise and music. Hotels I have stayed in in Turkey before have music etc but it is spaced out a little. This was CONSTANT!! From first thing in the morning to late at night. (you cant hear it from rooms or quiet pool). The worst thing about it was the type of music. It was like being thrown back into the 80's. It was either terrible Lionel Ritchie stuff or constant dance music. The band in the evening byt the pool bar was electronic keyboard and plinky plonky tunes. The entertainment staff felt they could add to this by shouting through a microphone or walking around with a whistle. Maybe it's popular in Germany? To begin with it was funny and didnt bother us but by the end of two weeks it was beginning to grate. We just spent our time by the quiet pool.

I don't want to end on a bad note because the noise did not ruin our holiday and we had a fab time. The things that you want to be good like food, cleanliness etc were! I just wanted to mention the irritations so you can make an informed choice. The staff were amazing and liked us because we said please and thank you (a rareity it seems).
All in all, it was a great hotel and we had a lovely time!

Room Tip: olive rooms by the quite pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SmellyCatDevon_UK
Sint-Katelijne-Waver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a very good hotel. I'll visit it this September (2013) for the third time.
Good animation team and verty good personel (Hatice K. for example).
Also can't complain about the rooms, the food, etc...
I can highly recommend this hotel when visiting Turkey, or more specific Manavgat.
One thing could be better, and that's the wifi. Ok near the pool (not to far) or in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've just returned from Asteria Elita Resort where i spent a 7 days holiday (with my wife and 13 yo child). The location is great and huge (650.000 sqm), mostly an awesome park, but the rooms and the management (except food chapter) not worth 5 star.
My opinions :
1. The food = super. Incredible quality and numerous dishes, with an extra-point for the deserts. So, food worth 5 stars.
2. The rooms = small (18 sqm). I had a family room (28 sqm).
Main building (P+5) and 7 colonial bungalows (P+2). Better stay in bungalow Olive.
Air condition very good. Anyway not worth more than 4 stars.
3. The beach = stony, good sunbeds and beach facilities.
4. Pools = very, very poor. Water is not clean and stinks, as is not recirculated and full of chlorine (in the evening you can see how they pour huge quantity of chlorine in the water).
The slides (3) are very small and are working only between 10-12 and 14-17, hours which are not proper for children to stay in the sun. Pools worth not more than 3 stars.
5. Beverages = not quality. Some kind are fakes. Don't expect good quality espresso. Turkish coffee is good.
6. Animation = good.
As conclusion, an astonishing location with super quality food, good animation, but with bad beverages and very bad pools. I cannot imagine why management don't fix that !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Buddy55_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manavgat
Club Asteria Belek
Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA
Vera Stone Palace Resort Hotel
Crystal Admiral Resort Suites & Spa
Sunmelia Beach Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Asteria Elita Resort? Share your experiences!