Spent the last week of August/2012 at the Side Breeze, travelling as a couple. The hotel is rated as a 5 starts, but if you've been in other 5 starts before, please bear in mind that we are talking about Turkish standards (and most of the hotels around are also 5 stars). Lower your expectations.
The staff is quite friendly and eficient, and the main language spoken is German, although the majority of them can get by with some English. Check-in was easy and fast. The hotel is spacious and the staff takes good care of it. It was always clean.
- ROOMS: simple, nothing special, but it served the purpose. A small balcony, mini-bar refilled everyday with bottled water (the first day it was filled with 5 bottles of soda), TV with a few English channels, most of them in Russian and German, but I guess we didn't even turn on the TV for more than half an hour a day, so I couldn't care less! We requested the agency to get us a room with a view to the main pool, I even wrote the Guest Relations Manager twice, but when we got there they didn't have it available. I wasn't a bit deal, it didn't really matter, but I think they could organize those requests in a better way.
- LOCATION: the hotel is located approximately 55Km from the airport and it took us about 1hour by the agency bus. The trip was smooth. We were able to make a trip to Side by ourselves, just take the local mini-bus around the corner, pay EUR 1.5 per person and in about 15 minutes you are in Side. You can walk around and in about 2 hours you are done, no need to take any organized tours to get there. But in August the weather was extremely hot, we had about 42C everyday, so go early, otherwise it's quite unberable!
- SAFE BOX: the hotel asked for extra paymemt for the safe box, EUR 1.5/day.
- POOL/BEACH TOWELS: they are not exchanged everyday. Well, they can be, but you have to pay EUR 1.0/day for the set of towels.
- ALL INCLUSIVE SYSTEM: soft drinks, water and coffee available at all times (help yourself), local beer, local spirits, red/white/rose wine (nothing special, but drinkable - the rose was the best one in my opinion), no cocktails included.
- ANIMATION: those guys work EXTREMELY hard, and there's a very intense program going on every day with beach volleyball, darts, soccer, belly dance, women work outs, and so on. And in the evening always some kind of show. Again, nothing proffessional, but quite ok. TFor us the best one was the live music night. Some of the shows I wouldn't say are very appropriate for kids. The Kenya show was ok, but many sexual moves that could bother some parents. We don't have kids, but heard some people talking about it.
- GUESTS: 60% Germans, 35% Russians, 5% all the other nationalities! No offense, but Russians are not one of the most polite nationalities, but we only had to deal with them during meal times, so it's ok! Some people don't realize that the guests make up the environment of the hotel as well!
- RESTAURANT / FOOD: Wide selection of cold/hot food. Always found something to eat. If you are there during high season, avoid going for dinner as soon as they start serving food, wait abiut an hour, otherwise it's madness! Russians won't have any problem in pushing you, stepping in front of you, getting on your way...
- BEACH: wide and sandy, although not so clean. The weather was extremely hot, around 42C everyday, and 28C on average in the evenings. You can try different water sports on the beach (banana boat, paragliding, jet ski, etc).
- SPA: the hotel has a wellness center, and we had a massage. They ahve a fixed price, but you can try to negotiate it. We paid almost 40% less from the fixed price. Massage was good, we reccommend, specially the turkish bath (hammam).
All in all was a great holiday. We only had a small problem the day before leaving. We spent the day at the swimming pool, went for lunch and about 40 minutes later when we got back to our places, one of our towels (a hotel towel) had disapeared. On the first day they give you a card for each towel you get, and when checking out you gotta return the card, otherwise you have to pay EUR 10. Nothing else was missing (well, we only left the two towels and two books!), only the towel. I went to the reception and they said they couldn't do anything, we would have to pay the EUR 10. I didn't agree, they didn't care. The Guest Relation Manager was on her day off and we were leaving the next morning. We ended up paying. So be aware of your things!!!!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Side Breeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Side Breeze Hotel Turkey/Manavgat, Antalya Province