“Great Family Holiday Experience”

Ali Bey Club Manavgat
Ranked #88 of 332 Hotels in Manavgat
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Great Family Holiday Experience”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We (a family with children aged 2 and 6 years) selected this resort on recommendation from our travel consultant and were not disappointed. The resort is spectacular, clean, top class service, wonderful food, a variety or restaurants. Every night there was a magical show for the whole family. As well as themed nights with the bazaar brought into the resort with camel rides and all. The resorts animation team was fantastic. The kids club had lots of activities to participate in. the resort has a wonderful pool area and an additional quite pool just for adults. The beach area is clean and nice with good service beach side. The water is clear and wonderful to swim in. Housekeeping services were good and the rooms spotlessly clean with modern décor. The gardens are beautifully kept and full of flowers and tropical plants. The staff are very friendly and helpful, all our wishes were granted. The resort is extremely family friendly but also good for other guests. A tip is to go over to the park resorts restaurant for dinner alongside the beach it is quite and has the exact same menu as the club restaurants. We enjoyed ourselves there many nights there with great service and the kids could play on the sand. This resort is top class. We will definitely return to Alibey s again. It was a great holiday.

Room Tip: there is a lot of entertainment night so if you want it to be quite choose a room away from the main...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edgware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Money is worth it by every single penny! We arrived at the hotel at 2:00 am and they had even food reserved for us, with out us even know! One negative part was the entertainment show were poor and children aged 11-15 had no activity's during the day at all except the aqua park. The aqua park made all they children busy through out their day. Food was so lovely and staff like the cleaners were very respectful and bar men and women service was good. I recommend this hotel to ANYONE!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank nila2810
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Pros: Renovated superior room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Grounds were well kept. Pool was clean and not crowded. Children evening shows were well put together. All-inclusive...drinks, ice-cream...all day long. Waffles at 3 and bagels at 5.
Cons: Pool entertainment was lacking. Food was okay...not much variety. Evening shows started too late (at 9:30). Staff was not overly friendly.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Patricia A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday at this hotel, will try my best to be objective and break down the review as much as I can

Room: We had a family room however it desperately needed upgrading, stains on the wall and the woodwork which looked to be caused by years of smoking in the room. The maid did her best but as somebody else commented you can't polish a turd.

Restaurants: These had both indoor seats and seats outside however it was very difficult to get a seat and when you did the waiters were very slow in putting out cutlery getting drinks etc, on more than one occasion we had to pester the waiters to get these. The food is not too bad and I always found the chinese to be nice. One night we had a storm at the hotel and due to lack of space inside we had to go without dinner which was disgusting really as I have 2 children. Also smoking is permitted in the restaurants which makes like extremely unpleasant.

Waterpark: The waterpark was excellent and we spent pretty much every day there, never a problem getting a bed however it was extremely slippy by the pool and ride side and I sore several people going over this is very dangerous. If you do go I recommend you wear sea shoes.

Staff: A lot of the staff are very ignorant however there was a couple of waiters/ waitresses who were very good. I found trying to find an english speaking person very difficult.

Grounds: Very nice with loads of lovely flowers etc.

Nationalities: This hotel is full of Russians who I found to be extremely rude and arrogant, on several occasions I was barged into by these ignorant people. Never had an issue with the rest of the nationalities there including Germans,dutch and swedes.

Spa: My wife booked a set of treatments which was organised by a person who circulates the pool and we were advised that we could settle the bill on the finish of the treatments, when my wife went for the 1st treatment they demanded payment there and then so she only had the one massage session and then they followed her back to the room for payment. Unbelievable

Drinks: The drinks were ok however the branded drinks were extra.

Snacks: Icecream available all day for the kids and also they did waffles in the afternoon which were very nice.

On balance I would recommend this hotel only for the water park which about says it all really.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sneekes1969
Cambridge
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I booked this holiday after reading all of the AMAZING reviews on this hotel, and have lived to regret it!! I really can’t understand where they have come from…something very strange going on!? My experience of this hotel was far from great, I have never received such terrible customer service, especially considering how much I paid! The Staff here really do not care or value their customers. The rooms are not just basic and dated, they are dingy, dirty and falling apart. If you are not a smoker…BE AWARE – !! There is smoke everywhere you go!! – You really can’t get away from it, a big NO if you have children. Even at the Aqua park if you are just sitting by the pool it is constant. Drinks are just left out in the heat so if you fancy a nice cold lemonade or glass of wine etc forget it!

Absolute waste of money, disappointed doesn’t even cover it! I urge more people to come forward with their bad experiences because I can’t possibly believe that all of these good reviews are real, and it sickens me that they are getting bookings and stealing peoples money.

Room Tip: Book a room several towns to the left.
8 Thank ChaelyB
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I usually don’t write reviews, but when I read the last one, I must oppose. I was in hotel in week ago and I was really satisfied. I was in 4 and 5 stars hotels in Tunis, Egypt, Thailand, so I can compare. I must say, that food, hotel area and service in Ali Bey was one of the best. Maybe person who wrote last review had bad luck. We had standard room and it looks like on website. Yes, the furniture and TV are old, but it was written in previous reviews. We stayed here for one week and everyone from employees (from chars to waiters) was kind and cheerful. We didn’t have problem with table in restaurant, sometimes we had to wait for 2-3 minutes, but when you come f.e. to dinner (which is from 7 to 9 pm) at 7 or after 8 you have lot of free tables for choosing. Smoking inside restaurant was not allowed it was allowed only outside but I saw only few peoples who smoked outside. Every waiter which I spoke to spoke English, I don’t know if fluently, but for ordering drinks it was enough. I understand that everyone can have different opinion, but the previous critique is exorbitant. I really liked hotel and I would definitely go back next time. Sorry for my English :)

4 Thank Katerina F
norfolk
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I write reviews on here to aid other people in deciding their choice of holiday not to tell the world how good or bad my holiday was. I very naively made the mistake of letting the reviews for this hotel choose my holiday location so I hope other people won’t do the same. The rooms at this hotel are of 3 star standard if that, dated, worn down and covered in stains which have clearly been there for many years. I could push on the ceiling and it actually came away from where it met the walls. This is through no fault of the cleaner as she does all she can, at the end of the day, you cannot polish a turd! I notice a lot of people have said on their reviews “who cares about the rooms, you only sleep there” but when you stay in a hotel that regards itself as 5 star and you pay 5 star prices, you expect a nice room! The biggest issue at this hotel was the customer service. I have been on many holidays of different standards but I have never had to deal with the disgusting levels of customer service like at this hotel. But everything is ok because if you get verbally abused and spoken to like a child when you have paid a lot of money for good service, a plate of fruit (which is free anyway when you are all inclusive) is put in your room and all problems are solved. Joke! Hard to get a table in the restaurant unless you are there when the doors open for evening meal. We spent many nights wandering aimlessly around this poorly seated restaurant trying to find somewhere to sit, oh but don’t worry if you are lucky you will get shoved on a table with Germans or Russians and get to enjoy the taste of fag smoke as they happily smoke the night away while you chomp on your fine Turkish cuisine, mmmmmm that’s some 5 star treatment right there! Obviously if you smoke you will love the restaurant area as it is a smokers dream if not DO NOT GO! As the all-inclusive is not self-service it can be a nightmare getting drinks with your meal as well, made harder by the fact that hardly anyone who works in this hotel speaks English unless they are trying to chat up a lone British girl at the bar i.e. my girlfriend, then it’s amazing, the English starts to flow from their lips like Shakespeare! Only good thing about the hotel is the aqua park, we spent every day there as it is like having a break from the hotel area itself. You will not get a seat at the main pool area unless you are up at 5 due to zee Germans but the pool at the aqua park is much nicer anyway. I find it funny that this hotel has been around a while but yet there aren’t so many reviews on here for the place and funnily enough they are pretty much all gleaming! Something funny going on there I think, if not I can only assume that the lunatics that have raved about this place are extremely high on strong drugs, have very poor standards or just love to waste their money?? For young children this place is ideal due to unlimited ice creams and water slides but for an adult that understands the basic principle of getting what you pay for its definitely not! There were a few very friendly members of staff that worked around the bar area by the main stage which always made sure we were looked after with drinks etc. but I could count these on one hand! And in a “5 star” hotel I would expect a friendly service from ALL members of staff! I appreciate I have written an essay here but I really could go on and on and I cannot describe some of my experiences on this review due to on-going investigations about some of the issues we faced while at this hotel. The British tour operators that sell this hotel as part of their collection are just as bad as the hotel itself as they charge far too much and even our rep told us that they expect complaints from this hotel! Avoid the annoying photographers that seem friendly enough when they are taking pictures of you going about your own business but when it comes to them wanting money for the pictures they are far from friendly!! There are very few British holiday makers at this resort which isn’t a massive problem but some people on their reviews have blatantly lied and said there are a large percentage of British there. There is a pie chart at the hotel on the main board showing what nationalities make up the guest percentage in the hotel…. British were 0.47%!!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!!
6 Thank crazyjimnorfolk