Ali Bey Club Manavgat
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswater parkthe lion kingice creamturkish cafefree icetennis courtsturkeyall agesdove shampooevening showsgreat resortpool gamesstandard roomgreat funturkish bath and massagegreat holidaywhole complex
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was the best all inclusive I have been too, the food was similar to all inclusives I have been to before but there was more choice and it was of a higher quality. All drinks are served in glasses and bottles rather than plastic cups like all the other all inclusives I have been to in the past. Icecreams are available all day and include branded ones like Magnums, Cornettos etc. The waffle chef made great waffles and was very friendly! he made smily faces on them for my little boy with the sauce!

There are several places to eat but we generally went to one of the main restaurants for dinner and the Aquapark restaurant for lunch. The Beach restaurant was lovely for breakfast one morning and we also went there for pizza one lunchtime. There are basically 2 hotels here, Alibey Club Park and Alibey Club but they merge into one and you can use all the facilities of both.

The accomodation was better than I was expecting after reading the reviews and the bed was very comfy! The balconies didnt get much sun as were quite shaded, but we didnt mind too much as it meant the rooms didnt get too hot. Our clothes didnt dry very quickly though!

There are a few big pools, a few small toddler splash pools and an adult only silent pool, as well as the Aquapark just over the road basically. The Aquapark was great and my 2 and half year old loved it. There is a fake beach area with shallow water and slides etc which is perfect for toddlers! There is also the beach of course, but we found it hard to get a lounger there unless we went first thing. I did get bitten twice by something in the sea though so that put me off going back in lol, think it was a small fish or something. Towards the end of our holiday they did put out loads of new sun loungers though which made it easier to get one.

The grounds were spotless but the only negative I can give about cleanliness was the room. The floors were dirty and walking round in barefeet my feet were black! The clearner also forgot to give us any towels at all at least twice after taking the dirty ones, so we had to call up to get new ones sent to us. Anytime we rang reception they were really helpful and things were dealt with very quickly.

There were not many English people there and we did find sometimes we were not served at fast as other people, however generally the service was so quick anyway there was nothing to complain about.

The evening entertainment was pretty good and they copied shows like Tarzan, The Lion King and Shrek, my little boy loved them! They didnt start till half 9 though, and the kids disco finished at half 8, so have to kill an hour in between.

There are some shops nearby, 10 min walk, where you can buy kids pool toys and inflatables etc, much cheaper than the hotel, remember to haggle them! They dropped from 20 euros to 5 for a bucket and spade set!

The only things needed to make this 5 out of 5 for us is a better balcony with sun and a good view and a better cleaner for the room.

Top tips-

Take pool shoes- its very slippy and sand/floors get very hot
Don't pay the prices at the hotel shops
Dont take towels as all provided, you can swap beach ones as the towel exchange
Get to the beach or pools early for a lounger, we didnt have a problem at the Aquapark
Take snacks for kids for the room to keep them happy while you getting ready

Room Tip: If dont like noise ask for a room away from the bar/restaurant areas
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank spamo
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was our first year at the Ali Bey and we went with two adults, 12 year old boy and 17 year old daughter. The holiday was fantastic and couldn't fault the hotel. There is information that is really helpful to know if it is your first time which will save you a fortune.

Tips:
- if taking children, buy pool shoes from the UK (usually £10) as the tiles around the waterpark get scorching (especially peak season) and my son ended up burning his toes.
- No need to take shampoo or shower gel, Dove bottles are provided in the bathroom and when you need re-fills you just put them with your dirty towels.
- No need to take pool towels. White towels are provided for your room and beige towels are provided for the pool, all of which are changed daily.
- take a first aid kit, local chemist costs a fortune as well as resort shops. basic things like plasters, bandages and antiseptic creams are very expensive.
- take lots of good sun cream - the resort and local shops charge around £20 - £25 for one bottle of suncream.

Overall, we couldn't fault the food, there was lots of choice from steak, fish, lamb, chicken you name it...its available. Ice cream is branded and served all day long - walls cornetto;s etc. Lots of sunbeds at the water park although people do start queuing at 9.10am although we always found beds. Restaurants have plenty of space and never struggled to get a seat no matter what time we went. They made a special effort on my daughter's birthday and brought her a cake etc.

Pools are very clean. Didn't hear one person with a stomach upset or being unwell although there was a couple of ear aches but nothing that some ear drops didn't solve.

As a family we would definitely return.

Room Tip: You can pay extra for superior rooms however I didn't think it was worth it considering we only slept in our room and the rooms were cleaned and beds changed every day. Mini bar is free and stocked every day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank blondie197431
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at an Ali Bey resort,& on both occasions,have been fantastic.
Fantastic location,clean,superb choice of food,and hotel grounds are spotless.
Water park is spacious,good variety of slides,separate children's area,and plenty of sun beds.
Shows are very good,but thought a 9.30pm start,was a bit late,as kids show finished at 8.30pm.
Staff very friendly.
Only slight gripe I had,was cost of items in hotel shops(25 euros for a small sun cream),shopkeeper said it was due to import costs .I said for that price,it could have its own seat on the aircraft !!
Overall though,would thoroughly recommend .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This was our 3rd visit to the hotel and found a lot of changes.The rooms are still very basic but air con works great and cleaned often.3english tv channels improvement from 2yrs ago.The food as always is very good,we tipped a waitress in main restaurant on day 2 and she reserved our table every morning and lunchtime it's worth 10 Turkish lira a day.We found the English had trouble getting served at the bars and had to complain to manager as did several other english people then the problem was rectified.The shows are very good and mainly in English but don't start until 9.30pm until 10.30 then the disco starts around 11pm which is great for young people.The waterpark as always is excellent for all ages but lots broken glass and some of us had to have glass removed by doctor. One word of warning if any of you are taking teenagers around 15yrs they can and will get served at the bars with ALCOHOL regardless of being underage as all of ours did, and teens being teens will try!!!!!!!!!!and succeed. Generally good hotel and if you tip you will get better service.

Room Tip: Block 9 good location not too noisy but close to bars and restaurants.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maxine S
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel has to be the best I've ever stayed at. Putting the large amount of smokers aside, it is pretty much perfect. The grounds are stunning and are clearly very well taken care of. The staff are wonderful. My daughter joined the teenager club and was taken care of very well and had a wonderful time, the staff were a massive help. The food was outstanding and there was something for everyone. Service was great and as I said the staff were extremely helpful. There was always enough room around the pool and if there happened to be a lack of sunbirds there was always enough room in the water park which is just as good. Extremely good for kids. The only thing I could fault would be the amount of smokers that go to the resort. When we were eating there were quite a lot of smokers and as there isn't a separate place for smokers and non smokers you kind of have to deal with it, but it honestly would never stop me from going back. However if you are highly bothered by smoking then you may want to give this resort a second thought, but you would be missing out greatly. All together, a fab hotel that I will definitely be returning to again!

• Stayed: June 2013