“Fab Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 228 Hotels in Side
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Fab Hotel”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is great for a family holiday
Some of the staff were a little rude
Could have done with a couple of more English channels but not the end of the world
Pool and hotel was very clean food was ok lots of it.
Had an amazing time looking at trying the sister hotels in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with the sea view are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MrsBain2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We returned home this week after a last minute holiday.

We first boarded the plane to find myself and partner had been separated on the plane, with an 18 month old baby it wasn't ideal, on giving our boarding passes to the cabin crew they said they would try to help us but to take our seats for take off. She found us three extra legroom seats and we couldn't be happier! The flight was wonderful! The transfer took around an hour but was comfortable.

On entering the hotel we were so relieved it was beautiful. The reception staff we very efficient at checking a large group in in one hit so no one was waiting around.

We met some family members who had arrive the day before us and had a 3 year old boy, along with my 18 month old son. We spent every day by the child's pool which was lovely. There was never an issue getting sun beds even around lunch time! The pool was clean and safe for the kids. Each day the entertainment team would come and do singing and dancing with the children for about 1/2 hour, it was great and the kids loved it! Would be great if there was more.

The food at this hotel is wonderful! Breakfast is great although we went in there late one day and the staff were literally turning the lights off meaning my little boy was eating in darkness but that was ok.
We only are in the restaurant at lunch time once on the last day it was very much like dinner, lovely fresh meat cooked in front of you. Steaks chicken fillets etc. Don't panic about eating the salad and fresh fruit I was dubious about it being washed in their water but when I saw the chef come out washing it with mineral water.
All day the pool bar offers lovely snacks such as southern fried chicken, fresh fruit, ice cream, chicken kebab. The bar offers branded Pepsi and Lipton ice tea.

The aqua park is fab and my nephew loved it. Slides a bit to big for my boy but perfect for older kids.

One night we went to the a la carte Chinese restaurant where we had the most special evening. The food was gorgeous and the service impeccable. Mehmet the waiter was so accommodating with the children and was so chatty and lovely, something we appreciated after a week of the staff being very professional but not chatty and especially friendly. Another friendly fave was sonturk the cleaner. Lovely guy, Very cheerful and welcoming.

On the first few nights there was very little English guests, all of the entertainment for adults and kids was in German which put us off going back to be honest. Something we later regret as they said they had changed it. We spent every night going to the fair with my nephew then sitting having drinks in the lobby bar which was lovely, waiter service was a nice surprise for all inc they bring you nice popcorn nuts and fresh cherries. A lovely touch. The bowling alley was good but cost 5 euro pp. the photographer was great. The beach was great. Fun fair and water park great. Food great. Pool great. Entertainment not so great.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Leighalewieteddy
manchester
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Me my partner and our 3 year old stayed for a week at this hotel in june our only reget was that it wasn't for longer. The week after we returned we booked again for 10 nights next year.The hotel is spotless and constantly being cleaned and maintained. The food is very good, you can eat and drink 24 hours a day. Even if your a fussy eater you will find something, theres so much to choose from. The private beach is spotless, you can also eat dinner at the beach bar and the food is beautiful. The turkish tent serving freshly made pizza and gorgeous pancakes made whilst you wait was our favourite at lunch and also the kebabs served at the pool bar. Then there's late afternoon snacks served, cakes, donuts, jacket potatoes, toasties, ice creams etc etc. Then theres the midnight buffet, serving gorgeous burgers and chips made to order. I could go on and on about the food. Id say the only down side is breakfast not our cup of tea but we got over that. The drinks were great loads of cocktails to choose from and was always waiter service, no keep getting up and queuing for drinks. They also put snaks on your table, popcorn, twiglets. Nice touch.
Entertainment is fab especially the beach party. Never been to an all inclusive holiday and enjoyed the entertainment, and weve had a lot of all inclusive holidays. The funfair is great to kill an hour after tea whilst waiting for the entertainment, our little girl loved it. We avoided the pirate ship tho its not for the faint hearted :/ also the water park is great with a couple of fast slides for the adults. Rooms were perfect good air con, tv, free safe, king size bed for us and a single for our daughter, cleaned and mini bar restocked every day. YES there is a lot of germans there and they do not know how to que apart from that they were fine and we didn't find that they were rude to us, maybe because we wernt rude to them? yes a lot of the staff speak german but they also speak english and were always friendly to us.
if you want to relax, have fun, eat plenty of good food and cakes, with a lovely room to go back to every night then this is it, whats to moan about?

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank kloves
Thundersley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived home this morning and for the first ever time I have felt compelled to write a review, because this hotel is stunning! The decor is so grand and impressive, it's huge rambling bars and relaxation areas just go on and on so there's always somewhere new to sit with a cold drink. It's spotless, everywhere, honestly we were amazed by just how clean it was! Every inch of the pool area gets washed down every night, even the sand gets raked smooth! There are basically no insects there whatsoever (amazing for me) didn't see one spider or cockroach the whole two weeks. I saw two wasps and a few flies the whole trip!

The staff are fantastic, truly. The children's entertainment team in particular were incredible. The swimming teacher Eudit (I hope I spelled that correctly) was the loveliest lady I met and we miss her already! Everyone had a ready smile. Yes they like to be tipped (so do wait staff in our country!) but you don't get treated any worse if you don't leave a Euro or two, they're just very grateful if you do! We came across one misery of a waiter but generally they were all very friendly and quick to help.

The food was our only stumbling point in our first week. Don't get me wrong, it is plentiful in supply, lovely and fresh, lots of choice, but we just didn't really enjoy it. I think it set us up badly that they don't serve bacon at breakfast, not at all, ever! Infact they don't really serve much British food at all and a few of the families I spoke to there felt the same way. HOWEVER please don't let that put you off, in week two we ventured down to the beach bar for lunch and it was out of this world, especially when you order fresh from the menu! Wish we'd eaten there every day! Also a shame that they don't serve real fruit juice. If you order orange juice this horrendous almost luminous liquid is brought to you which tastes pretty awful and stains your skin! The Chinese a la carte was very good and we all cleared our plates, unfortunately the fish restaurant was a bit of a let down as it was all a bit dry. Lovely location though and again the waiter was great with our little girl.

The room was gorgeous, so pleased we upgraded to sea view, was worth every penny. Nice clean towels every day, fantastic air-con kept us cool in 40degree heat! Great little touches in your room like a pillow menu for a perfect nights sleep, free safe that seemed very secure, trustworthy and lovely housekeeping staff that never touched the money or camera I forgot to lock away! Little toiletries/sewing kit/cotton buds/shoe horn/shoe buffer/slippers/exfoliating flowers/box of tissues and daily replenished mini bar.

We had a photo session from the in house team and ended up buying all the photos as they were so great! The waterpark is fab but recommend taking water shoes as it can get very slippery (I fell over with my little girl) and the floor is boiling! The luna park (fair rides) are great too, perfect for young children.

They bring you round an afternoon treat at the poolside every day - fresh fruit or ice lollies or something else yum and refreshing! The beach is gorgeous sand with tonnes of sun beds and the water gets deeper slowly so perfect for families. The sea was SO warm too!

A couple of negatives, firstly, whatever you do, do NOT book an upgrade to an express shuttle bus transfer with Thomas cook. The transfer time in the regular coach was 50 mins (the express shuttle bus is supposed to be faster) our transfer took over 2hrs 30mins!!! The driver didn't have a clue where he was going and stopped for directions ELEVEN times!! Regularly turning around and going in circles. Then being picked up after we qualified we wouldn't have other pick ups he went on to pick up two other parties and this too took 1hr 40mins! Disgusting. Totally no reflection on the hotel though - I just needed to warn you!
The only thing I came to dislike was just how much attention a portion of the male waiters were giving our 3yr old girl. It just began to grate on us and her, often it wasn't so much fun and friendly as almost a bit... creepy... kissing her hand all slow while looking into her eyes. One of them actually said "my Angel, why do you have to be so young!" She's three!! I don't know, maybe it's us English that have been corrupted into thinking the worst of men that act this way, but it did make me uncomfortable and her too when they kept touching her face and just not leaving her alone while asking her to look into their eyes as they declared their love and stroking her fingers with theirs. It was just a bit much, which was a shame.

Other than that it truly was a dream holiday! Make sure you don't miss the beach party (a family friendly version of your best night out in Ibiza!) You wouldn't believe it, people from other hotels were queuing just to watch from the outside! The magician was incredible too. The animation teams entertainment nights could be a bit naff but they had you laughing bless them, and tried so hard.

After reading previous reviews I was concerned at feeling isolated by all the German and Russian guests but there is no need at all. All the Germans I came across were very friendly and the French, Russians, Latvians, Dutch... everyone! No attempts to push in with queues (not once!) no favouritism shown for them, indeed it seems accepted that English is the #1 language as most nationalities seem to speak it. So you can always understand what's going on.

Ooh, and the in-hotel shop is extortionate so make sure you go across the road to the supermarkets/newsagent to buy things! Most of them are lovely and not too pushy at all.

Sorry it's so long, there's still so much I'd like to mention! I'm sure we'll go back as we absolutely LOVED our stay here, can't imagine a better hotel in the whole of Turkey. Missing the Royal Dragon Hotel so much already!

Room Tip: Room 3159 has a gorgeous view of the sea, beach and pool area! Although you can hear the entertainme...
5 Thank Sara B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from 10 nights at the hotel, everything is very good, its clean, facilities are excellent, food very good but its the unfriendliness of the majority of staff (including those that appear to be management) that in my opinion let the the hotel down.
Stayed here on the back of last years fantastic holiday experience at Royal Wings and Royal Holiday Palace, both at Lara Beach.
Would i go back? Not to Royal Dragon, simply because of the staff.

3 Thank gill7102
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you want luxury and want an unforgettable, enjoyable holiday, then this is the place for you. Loads of food, loads of drink, loads of sun, loads of space, loads of pool space and very friendly staff.
Treat the staff the way you like to be treated and they will be very thoughtful and accommodating. We tipped a couple of staff who really went the extra mile.
Ignore all the negative reviews as these people are un-pleaseable!!!! This holiday location hotel was AMAZING from start to finish. Food & drink every where you turn!!
You you want plain English food, stay at home and don't go on holiday. Same goes for foreign holidaymakers.....Yes there are German, Russian, Dutch, Turkish etc at this hotel,,,,that's why its a holiday destination, it caters for all.

All in all, we are booking for 2 weeks now for next June 15 to the Royal Alhambra or Adam&Eve, 2 sister hotels. They are all amazing............

BEST 5 STAR EXPERIENCE EVER

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade if you have more than 1 kid. This can be done on arrival as long as you have emai...
1 Thank bond0408
bromley
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We've just had a week there. Me the missus and our two year old. There are some excellent bits of the hotel and a few niggles. I don't mind admitting that I have champagne taste with a tap water budget so the gripes and moans that I'll put down may not affect you at all. It's just in my opinion they are minor stumbling blocks which trip it up.

First the good stuff. The hotel is large. Pretty, very well decorated and kept spotless all day long by an army of cleaners. The lobby pool area toilets are always kept clean. The rooms are spacious,powerful shower, a few freebies slippers sewing kit, mini bar fridge topped up everyday with 2 beers and 6 cans of soft drinks and bottles of water. There is a kettle in the room but no iron. Free electronic safe and they are cleaned daily. The pools are large. Clean and lovely. Water doesn't have too much chorine. There is a pool bar area which Serves food from 12-4. Just the usual lunchy stuff. Serves up doughnuts and ice creams later in the day too. There is a hut that serves pizza just near the beach and there is also a bar which does lunch on its own private part of the beach. The beach is kept just as clean and the water is clear. The water park has slides for kiddies and little pools that they can paddle in and has a lunch bar there too. There are also a couple of good adult slides there which are fast. The kiddies fairground has trampolines a big wheel and some bumper cars. The food is fresh all day long and is 24 hours. They try to cater to everyone's taste and it can be a bit samey. But that's not the hotels fault. That just all inclusive for you. The entertainment team. Work hard and have been unfairly criticised on here. They work 10am till 2am and try really hard. They walk round trying to involve you in the sports and activitys and are Great with the kids. The play area by the pool has face painting and drawing a bracelet making. There's a mini disco at night for the kids and there is a show and some form of night entertainment on the beach

The niggles. A few people have complained about the Germans and the Russians at the hotel. I can't knock the hotel for catering to richer economy's but I can moan about their behaviour. Queuing. It appears is a British export that no one else respects. They will push in the queue. Accept it. It's not you it's just something they do but I think it's something the hotel should address. Check out is at 12pm we asked about a late check out and was told to ask at 9am on the day there would be a charge of 40 euros. On the day we were told hotel was booked 99% and it wasn't possible. Then found a family who had wangled one but it cost them 60 euros till 3pm. If you have a late flight things may get uncomfortable (although you can use all the facility's). You can use the spa for a shower but it's boys and girls changing rooms with one shower in each room and the towels are pretty much hand towels so keep hold of your beach towels before you hand them in and use them. Also at 99% capacity you will struggle to get a sun bed if you get up late. If you are going soon. Get up early to get a bed or you just won't get one aim for 9am. The wi Fi is only available in the lobby and I could only register one device for free after that it's 8 euros for 3 days. In the room the telly only has 3 English channels which are news channels. There is no USB input but there is a VGA input if you are taking a laptop so you can hook that up. The missus wanted me to mention about getting there late at night and having to fill in the check in info. She thought that could have waited till the morning

If you are going for a family holiday you will have a lovely time. As I said these are my personal niggles. Would I book again. No. But that's because I've been. Your kids will have fun and thats the main thing it's just those personal few niggles which make me knock it a star. There isnt anything to do outside the hotel. There are two mini shopping centres selling the usual fake stuff. But that's not the hotels fault. Money wise you can just take euros instead of lira. Everything is priced in euros. Oh and don't worry about following the dress signs for dinner. It's says no shorts or flip flops. You can wear what you want. Even in the al la carte restaurant it said no shorts but fellas were wearing them when I went in there

Room Tip: We had a standard room on the 3rd. Nothing to blow your skirt up about
2 Thank dave10Bromley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Side
Aydinbey King's Palace Spa & Resort
#49 of 228 in Side
Royal Alhambra Palace
Royal Alhambra Palace
#3 of 41 in Colakli

Been to Royal Dragon Hotel? Share your experiences!