“Everything to have a great time with kids!”
Review of Royal Dragon Hotel

Royal Dragon Hotel
Ranked #19 of 227 Hotels in Side
L
“Everything to have a great time with kids!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We have been there for two weeks (parents+2 kids). You will find everything to enjoy your time with kids: sand beach, aqua park, Luna park, exhibitions, etc.
Compared to many other 5* hotels in Turkey, very attractive but a little charmless. The building is surrounded by other hotels and the mass tourism is an everyday reality.
The all inclusive concept is ok but you have to keep an eye on your watch in order to respect the opening hours.
Staff at the restaurant is ok but not at a premium level.
Guest relation is fabulous and is of great help.
Hotel is very clean. Same for the beach cleaned the whole day especially by a very kind may that welcomes you with a very friendly "hey hey!"
The kids kept an amazing memory of their stay.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Se H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is not 5 star. We went for 2 weeks in July after reading good reviews on trip advisor, the hotel looks like a 5 star but the service is 3 star, drinks are 2 star and the food is 4 star.
The hotel is too busy, you can not get a sun bed around the pool unless you get up really early. We had to go on the beach every day. We took 3 teenagers but it suits younger family's, the boys age 17 went to side every night to night clubs Witch is a lot further away than we thought . The dinning experience was defiantly not 5 star, the main restaurant was really busy like a cattle market!
You could always get something quiet good to eat. But the greedy people put me off my food. The al cart restaurants were not al cart, and not worth paying for. Overall the beach party was the best evening entertainment and Blacky who worked for the entertainment team was very good at his job. The hotel was full of Russians and Germans, therefore wouldn't return to the royal dragon!

Room Tip: The duplex rooms are best
2 Thank Ljward1
Cambridgeshire, England
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Firstly I'm not sure what hotel and Thomas Cook Rep (Faye) these people are talking about as we have just returned on 8 August from a 10 day stay and found this a fantastic hotel. On arrival it was late so after checking in the reception advised us to go down to the Patisserie as food is served in there until midnight, once we had something to eat we were told where our room was and bell boy/porter brought our cases straight up. Once we settled in the room I rang reception to ask for a couple of more pillows and was told it would be about ten minutes - the pillows arrived in 5 minutes. The fridge in the room was stocked well with drinks and was refilled everyday free of charge.

The pool/waterpark were great and even with the hotel at full capacity there was was plenty of room in the pool. The beach is beautiful and is at the back of the hotel clean with plenty of sunbeds. The fairground is really aimed at the younger children even though there is a pirate ship and bumper cars which my daughter and husband went on. The food was amazing but I must say if you can't find something to eat you must be really fussy eater, my daughter is fussy and a vegetarian but there was plenty of choices for her. My only compliant was in the a la carte restaurant. We went to the Chinese one and they don't have a vegetarian option so I mentioned this to Faye (Thomas Cook Rep) and Hakan one of the managers and was offered another a la carte at the Italian - which had a vegetarian option both meals where lovely. There is food available 24/7 so you will never go hungry, the tent that makes the pizza at lunchtime was definitely a hit with my daughter.

Staff at all times where pleasant if you acknowledge them they would speak back, they where always cleaning the toilets and pool areas, picking up rubbish and emptying bins. Wi-fi was available free of charge at certain areas around the hotel so we never had to pay for it (best area is in the lobby at night), we also got it in our room. Whilst in the lobby the waiter would come and ask what drinks you wanted and bring them to you with some sort of nibbles (popcorn, melon, grapes etc) Never had a problem with drinks they all tasted really good especially the beer.

The entertainment team came round the pool encouraging you to join in the activities. Mr Blackberry as he is called is a real character. Entertainment at night we didn't go and see but went down to the beach party which is every Thursday and that was good.

With regard to the organised trips we did the river tour to Manavget,which included lunch I would well recommend it as you also see the Waterfalls which are magnificent. Also took a trip into Side and had my birthday meal at Limans which is a restaurant right on the front of the harbour and watched the sunset fall as we ate - amazing

Opposite the hotel is a shopping center with a pharmacy so if you had forgotten anything you could buy it.

Overall a fantastic holiday, it was relaxing and fun and look forward to either going back or to another one of the Stone Group hotels

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MrsSS20
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

this hotel caters for russians and germans and not english ..the food was slop hence why we ate out every day and the entertainment and kids club was also in german.. so i wasted my money paying for an all inclusive holiday as we did not eat there food and could not use the kids club or watch the entertainment due tom the language barrier. the hotel was very clean but not suitable for english people…which was a shame… thomas cook should have advised us before we booked so we could have choose a more suitable hotel..

7 Thank Caroline D
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just a big thank you to the Thomas cook Rep Faye! She bent over backwards to help when my son had an accident in the play area (five stitch's) she sorted out an extention to our accomadation which helped to keep in out of the sun on the day we left......Thanks.

I did pick up an ear infection also and I wasn't the only one! lots of people did! that pool needs to be monitored and clean more often........I never once see anyone checking the quality of the water???

Room Tip: Pick a double room if possible don't worry about the view.
2 Thank Garrett M
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Pros:

1. Excellent waterpark.
2. Most staff extremely friendly if you treat them with respect!
3. Brilliant fun park for 3 - 10 year olds in the evening - bumper cars, pirate ship, ferris wheel and swings.
4. Immaculate hotel inside and out.
5. Pools are great.
6. Air con in rooms is fab.
7. New towels for the beach/pool every day
8. Food was outstanding ..... Yum yum ..... Morning noon afternoon and night
9. Lots of variety of different places to eat each day.
10. Rooms fab ... Drinks in fridge each day.
11. Eefs beers great.
12. No mossies :)

CONS

1. Usually sun bed problem .... Towels on them but no one around. However you could find one if you kept looking.
2. English speaking is very limited by staff so if you have an issue they find it difficult to understand. We knew a bit of Turkish which helped.
3. Entertainment was poor for the type of hotel it is - didn't meet the 5 star standard of the hotel.
4. Cocktails were not great.
5. Finally kids club was not suitable for our 8 and 10 year old which was a shame!!!

EXPECT

1. Lots of different nationality at hotel, primarily Germans and Russians.
2. Eat as much as you like environment in main restaurant which was a annoying until we managed to find some seats at the bottom end of the restaurant outside so we could take our time and chill.
3. Hotel is situated in commercial area however the beach outside hotel is outstanding.

Room Tip: Try and get on a lower floor bedroom.
2 Thank Dollysandford
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Holiday makers beware, this hotel is nothing like it portrays to be, except the complete opposite. I write this review whilst currently still at the hotel. This is a 3* STAR HOTEL ONLY.

The day I arrived I had an accident because the floor tiles near the pools were too slippery because they are not the appropriate tiles suitable near pool area & the floors there should have the anti slip mats on as a precaution. I reported this to the manager on call in the pool area at the time, he noted this & put a small piece of astro turf, which is not suitable or appropriate. I had damaged my toe in the accident that I lost my entire toe nail, & it had gone purple. I had noticed several people slip in various areas throughout the hotel in communal walkways near pool areas & several people had signs of been in an accident too.

I informed the THOMAS COOK REP - Faye. She did nothing, except nod her head at me and scribble something in her book. I did ask her to be transferred to the sister hotel in Lara beach - Royal Wings. I was advised that she would look into it, but she did not come back to me at all. Every time I saw her she kept saying she has no time & she is late for meetings, that's funny considering she is here to help us. I have worked in the travel industry too previously for several years & I'm embarrassed to say that she really makes THOMAS COOK look very bad. She really needs to be retrained & taught what the meaning of customer service is, as she did not meet our needs or expectations let alone exceed them.

The food at this hotel is disgusting & it is clear they are just regurgitating the foods daily with dreadful recipes. We tried the Ala Carte Italian restaurant yesterday & the food was awful. Pizza express is better than what we received. They really don't know what Italian food is, just simple meals is all I ask but they have really got it so wrong. The cannelloni was not cooked & made of a thick pasta with no sauce or cheese. Really weird. Pizza was complete wrong too, it was only meant to be a margarita, they could have done it better if they bought this from Aldi. The chefs here really don't have a clue. That's not us been cynical but being really honest. I TOOK MY KIDS TO MACDONALDS IN ANTALYA, to ensure they ate some food that was not old & smelled off. My kids have lost weight as they have not liked the food, plus I was sick from it too. We are currently going out to restaurants for food, as the meals at the hotel is really poor. We have spoken to many families who have complained about the above points too.

The communal toilets are dirty and dangerous because they are constantly wet & smelly. The air con in communal areas is constantly off.

I will never return to this hotel or this group of hotels, plus it will be writing to Thomas cook regarding their rep conduct here. I'm so disappointed considering how much we paid to come here. Never again, I expect much much more from a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: All the basic rooms are ok.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family