“FAB FAB FAB”
Review of Royal Dragon Hotel

Royal Dragon Hotel
Ranked #20 of 229 Hotels in Side
Reviewed 11 November 2010

The room we had wasa junior suite which was fab, I wallowed each day in the massive jacuzzi in the room. The food was vast and of good quality, what I loved was the cleanliness of the place and we were not ill all holiday.
The pool was clean and the grounds were lovely, yes there is slight building work going on to one sde but you did not find it detracted from the holiday. Well remommended to all and I work in travel so I am fussy.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Best Hotel that we have been to as a family.Food and rooms were excellent.Every where is spotless.Not many english there but hopefully with the good reviews that this hotel is getting more english people will go to this hotel.Will be returning in april.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

hotel great we were on the 3rd floor over lookinng the pool and the sea lovely views.air con not great could not sleep to hot.but the rest of the hotel made up for that fab pool and water park with life guard.the luna park was fab but watch out for pirate ship the louder you scream the higher the guy takes you.there was building work going on but didnt bother us at all.entertainment could of been better for 5 star hotel.really clean maids left our towels on bed shaped like swans with flowers.my 11 year old son loved it.watch out for the mosquitos though they got both me and my son good and proper.would reccomend this hotel to any one.would go back.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

I agree with the reviewer before me,we had the same issues. This hotel looks very grand once inside and everthing very new and clean,bedrooms very good size.The food was excellent and the hotel layout very good.The outside areas are also very clean with plenty of sunbeds. 98% of the guests were German/Dutch,no issues there for me but some may have ?
The dissapointment for me was the staff. Reception staff that we encountered were rude and with a very couldn't care less attitude.The staff around the pool / Aqua park made numerous comments to our two teenage daughters (about what time they finished there shift etc) which I thought was out of order.It got to the point where the girls were not comfortable being alone.This is not 5 star service. The area outside the hotel is obviously being developed as was said previously,some disruption due in 2011 and it is very close to the hotel and all balconies will have a view,some worse than others.
We would not go back. However our levels of dissapointment are based on our teenage girls mostly,if you are travelling with young children or you have a family of boys then I have no doubt you will enjoy the hotel. Just the building work to bear in mind for 2011.

Reviewed 1 November 2010

Having stayed in a supposedly Turkish 5* last year (more like 2*) we weren't sure what to expect even with the excllnt reviews, but, The Royal Dragon is Amazing !!!!
Please, please, please do not be put off by the bad reviews, yes lots of Germans, Dutch etc, but as with every nation some pleasant, some not so.
Staff DO!!! speak English (some better than others), you have to take time to find out, try talking to them instead of oiing or clicking fingers (god that is so rude) and they are friendly - Ucha and Osman thanks for looking after our family and making us so welcome.
Water Park and Fairground fab (9 year old son and 40 year old husband loved them) beware of the Pirate Ship though, I love these, but this one is practically vertical at its highest and it is scary.
Been said lots before, but food is fabulous and plentiful and good variety, recommend beach bar for lunch. Drink, oh my god, non stop, everything is in all inclusive and we have NEVER had that before.
Entertainment hit and miss with us, we thought some shows a lot better than others.
Don't understand negativity about building work, it has to happen for places to grow and develop and building is only on one side not two.
Side is a beautiful town and 10 minutes away, either by taxi or local dolmus (bus), there are local shops about a 10 minute walk, traders friendly and love a good haggle as do I. I really cannot say enough good things about The Royal Dragon, so give it a try, you won't be disappointed, and then perhaps people will stop moaning about the lack of Brits. Have already booked to go back again next october and only got back today.
Fabulous holiday at a fabulous hotel, only second time I not wanted to come home after two weeks and the first time was Jamaica !!!

4  Thank cazpud
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Nice hotel, very new with comfortable seated areas, the food was also excellant. The downside though rather spoiled our stay.
The area of Side is currently being heavily developed which meant that there were building sites on 2 sides of the hotel with heavy machinary digging, and moving earth all day every day. In fact the Turkish obviously have a strong work ethic, because they kept going until it got dark, I know because my room over looked one of the building sites, as did a lot of other people's.
The first room we were allocated was on the ground floor and very much building site adjacent, the balcony was cover in dust whilst blew in from the building site. I complained and was told be the one English speaking member of the reception staff that I had booked an economy room and that this was all that I was entitled to. I stuck with it though and we were moved to a slightly better room (building site was a little more distant). I checked my paperwork and no where on it did it mention any thing about our booking being for an economy room.
The hotel bed rooms had no air conditioning. We were on the 4th floor and the rooms were stiffeling during the night. We couldn't have the door to the balcony open, because the mosquitos were vicious (no mosquito screens either) and the noise of coaches pulling up to collect and drop off went on all night (huge coaches with air brakes were extremely noisey.) I did explain our predicaement to the Thomas Cooke Rep whilst at the hotel, and she promised faithfully to russel up a fan for the room and deliver it poste haste, we never saw the fan or indeed her again!!
It also needs to be said that the majority of the staff didn't speak English. The hotel is mainly booked by German and Dutch holiday makers, there were hardly any brits whilst we were there.
The evening entertainment (all in Dutch and German) was home spun am dram (I'm being generous too)

Reviewed 17 October 2010

Before I start, the marks I have given perhaps do not reflect the hotel itself. As we did NOT stay there. We were supposed to travel on the 16th Oct 2010 to this hotel for a one week stay. This was booked in January of this year. At approximately 12.30 on 15th Oct we were told by Thomas Cook that the hotel had withdrawn it's allocation of rooms thereby cancelling this holiday. The stress we endured afterwards was too much too bear!! Now if this is the case travellers beware....if not I would like to know why our holiday was cancelled with less than 24hrs notice after it had been booked for nearly 10months!!!

6  Thank dazzaWestMids