“Tricks the money out of your pocket”
Review of Trio's Restaurant - CLOSED

Trio's Restaurant
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were offered garlic bread as a starter, and accepted. Thought it would cost something, but not much.., food is cheap in turkey. We wanted to order "mixed grill" and the waiter sugested a "mixed grill plate for two". We asumed that this would be the same price as 2x mixed grill for one, or even cheaper. The starter was the 6 slices of bread (3 each), of the same bread as you can buy at any minimarked for 0,80 lire, with some garlic butter on top + salsa and sour cream on the side. Noone came to clear the table, so when the main course came, my boyfriend was asked to move the plates that were already there.
The food was good, but a little dry.
When we got the check, we were charged 10 lire for the garlic bread + 5 lire for the dressings. 5 lire for a small coke and 10 lire for a beer. The mixed grill was 75 lire! (If we had ordered 2x mixed grill instead, it would have been 56 lire for both). In addition, they had inkluded a 10% tip in the total price. I told the waiter that I had anticipated the plate for two to be as cheap, or a little cheaper, than two times mixed grill for one. He gave me alot of excuses, and when I would'nt give in he went and got another waiter. I explained the same thing to him, but got no god answer. They got the man who were on the street to get customers, the one hwo best spoke english. He gave me alot of excuses, and after a lot of argument from my side, he finally crossed out the sum of 115 lire, and noted 110 lire instead. This discount was less than the tip money they had demanded! And the 10% discount we were promised was nowhere to be seen. I gave up, told them to keep the money, and assured them I was not happy with the service. I plan to casually pass the place tomorrow, and if they try to persuade us into the restaurant (maybe they won't recognise us), then I will (loudly) tell them, and the passing tourist, that I was very unhappy about the service and the price, and that I have given them a very poor review on trip advisor!

1  Thank Astri W

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We returned to this restaurant after a 6 year break. The food is just as good as we remembered. I had the best Osmanisch kebab ever. I am not easy to please and my first comment was "This is to die for". Highly recommended. Great service and great prices. We will be back!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Mustafa, who runs the place if I understood correctly, talks nicely and promises 10% discount. He told me that they can serve an excellent lamb prepared variety of ways. Well, I have never in my life eaten so poorly cooked lamb. After meal they serve tea or Turkish coffee on the house, as many places do. Their tea is made of dried pieces of apple and was tasty, best part of the whole meal. I´d say that you can easily find better restaurants at the same price level.

2  Thank nature_trails_12
Reviewed 13 September 2011

its a fantastic restaurant. deligous food by good price..

Reviewed 7 February 2011

we were in trios restaurant almost every night.. the people who work there they are very friendly..and they have very good service.they have very clean kitchen...the food was excellent price too..try the testi kebab fantastic..

3  Thank larwik