Sun Club Side
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was our 2nd visit to the hotel and i can quite honestly say that i would return again. I travelled on my own with my 2 kids aged 14 and 12 and felt so welcomed by the staff. The room was always spotless, beds are comfortable, the food was lovely and there were fabulous salads every day. The turkish food is worth trying as well and i have experienced some spectacular flavours. The pancake lady worked very hard each day and made quite delicious varieties both sweet and savory.

There are a mixture of nationalities at this hotel but if you make that little bit of effort in getting to know the German and Russians as well as other Brits staying at the hotel..you will have a truely happy holiday. The location of this hotel is just perfect and Side as a resort is quite magical.

The entertainmant team were lovely and tried very hard to make our holiday quite special..and it was!! We really did not want to leave and made the most amazing friends on this holiday as well as the last one.

A holiday is really what you make of it. If you put in a little effort you will get so much out of this hotel with its freindly staff and i would not hesitate to return there again at all. Thank you Sun Club Side for a beautiful holiday. Missing you all very much!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank esmiraldasdream
Reviewed 6 October 2011

have just returned ,thompson and first choice should be fined under the trade discriptions act this is not all inclusive,they have a small pool bar where a waiter will give you one of only three drinks ,vodka raki or beer in a small plastic cup,there are two barrels of wine ,red and white,which are the most foul tasting wine i have ever tasted,they have another bar,called the terrace bar when i asked why it was not open they said it would be open 11oclock when you have to pay,it was never open in the two weeks i was there,the food was edible but the same every day they just called it by a different name,the waitersrush you through your food so they can get home,i could go on forever about this so called hotel,so please if you dont want a bad holiday DONOT GO HERE

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jimbo364
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Having lived in Turkey and travelled widely in that country staying in everything from zero starred pensions to five starred luxury hotels I feel well positioned to comment on this one.
Upon arrival, in the early hours of the morning,one is presented with simply a dark tunnel complete with a security guard set in the middle of a row of shops. Not a very welcoming start.
However, my wife and I were immediately met by a smart, polite porter who took our cases,through gardens to the reception area and a very welcome light snack then on to our room which, although not the largest, was spotlessly clean and equipped with T.V. and the invaluable air conditioning.
Guests were mostly European being made up of Scandinavians, Poles, Germans as well as Brits and Turkish nationals. Everyone we met was very nice and if one makes an effort to speak to others it is invariably well received.
The pool is not large but more than adequate. If you should want a larger swimming area a very short walk, no more than four to five hundred meters will have you on a beach
that shelves very gently into a warm sea.
Yes, the food is Turkish but we were in Turkey so no surprises there. However, it was very good and varied Turkish food nicely presented in a buffet style and plenty of it.
The restaurant is exposed to the elements with only a roof but as this permits fresh air to circulate it is not unpleasant although one or two ceiling fans would be a welcome addition. For those wanting Britsh fare, yes there is the Kingfiser Pub a short walk away, Perhaps some of the comments about the food reflect more on the writer than on the food!
Overall a pleasant holiday and one I would be happy to repeat even though the Side of today bares little resemblence to the place I first visited some fifteen years ago.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rodney381
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Ok, so we only paid £550 for a week all inclusive, so didn't expect a 5 star hotel. What we did expect was to eat plenty and drink plenty, unfortunately we got none of the above.
Good points = hotel was clean.
That's all I can say.
Bad points = here goes.
1. Food.
I didn't expect to go and get food I eat back home. What I did expect is edible CLEAN food. I can eat boiled egg every morning, but not with olives! Yes there was bugs in the food. Which to me is a problem, yes u may get that back home, but they would replace ur food for
a new food. Not in this hotel. There were different options everyday but the food was terrible, and if u wanted orange juice with ur breakfast u had to pay.
2. Alcohol, yes it was ok, if u like it watered down. And if u liked ur White wine hot u are on to a winner!!
3. Entertainment.
If anyone says that this was good and enjoyable then I would like to know if u were getting the drink that wasn't watered down??? Because it was terrible. Yes the staff did try to get u involved but if you said no they would be rude to you for the rest of the night.
4. Room
Clean and yes the maid did come every day, but our sheets were never changed on our week stay. Plus we stayed in room 1234, which faced the grill and the staff would peer in our room at meal times.
5. Staff
Totally intimidating, very rude. Would deliberately ignore you at the bar (which smelled of soured milk) when we were still drinking 15 mins after the free bar (which isn't free as we payed all inclusive) they turned the lights off leaving us sitting in the dark.

If I had any advice to anyone booked into this hotel I would say cancel it. I went hoping that I would save money going all inclusive, but ending up spending an extra £400 for food and drink. So if your nit changing it take extra money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank chris-nicola
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We Stayed at Sun Club Side from Aug 18th until Sep 2nd 2011.
Absolutely terrified as to what we where going to be staying in , having read the previous reviews!!!

We arrived at the Sun Club at 3.30 am, absolutely exhaused, the staff helped us with our baggage where we where shown to reception. The First Choice Rep stayed with us until we where booked in. Within ten minutes of arrival we where informed that we did not appear to be booked in- Great start to our hol !!! They offered us alternative accommodation at the Hera Beach Hotel until the next day where by then our room would be ready. We , my partner and daughter went to look at the alternative room. My goodness they wanted to put us in a one bedroom gloomy room which resembled a room from the movie the Shining!!!! I told the rep that this would not be acceptable so she phoned up her manager and we ended up staying in the 7 Star (5 star prestige) Suntopia Pegasos World Hotel which was about 15 minutes away from Sun Club Side.

The staff then offered us yet another room in a 4 star hotel, again we looked and again it was terrible, except this room was in the basement of the hotel and didnt even have electricity!!!! In the end Sun Club Side payed for the 3 of us to stay at the Pegasos World Complex 5 Star Prestige ( Very Nice!) for the night.
Sun Club Side collected us later that day and brought us back to a pool side room in the complex.

Apart from a very turbulant start to our holiday we remained optimistic, we had not payed for a 5 star hotel and did not expect the 5 star quality, however we did expect to have a room. Following discussion with other people this had happened regularly where the hotel double booked people so they do not lose profit! Great! Unfortunately for them this time they did because we point blankly refused to be put in any of the run down hotels offered!

The Room at Sun Club Side was adequate for our needs, it was clearly tired but maintained daily by the cleaners with fresh towels, bed linen, floor cleaning, the bed sheets were always made into a shape by the cleaners who were really friendly. The air conditioning was great too, very much needed!!!

The meals where very Turkish but we did not expect to eat English Fry ups every morning, the staff where friendly, but did not speak much English- a lot of reviews stated that 'flys where on the food', in my two weeks there i did not experience this, we did see a bird or two flying in to sit on the tables!!!!

The entertainment was different!!! The animation team really did try to get people involved- the children seemed to enjoy it the most- very entertaining!!! The Bar finished at 11pm, this was disappointing but there are plenty of bars around within walking distance. The hotel also had a Terrace Bar which opened at 11pm but it was not free up there.

The pool was cleaned every night, Sunbeds where an issue, the pool area was clearly not big enough to facilitate a large amount of sunbeds and many sat on the grass area to relax. Lots of German / Polish (i think) ensured that they got up to put out there towels, some tried to reserve beds the night before but unfortunately for them the staff got wise to this and removed them, this was entertaining!!!!

Overall the holiday was enjoyable and fun for the family. We got compensated for the loss of facilities. If you have booked here and like myself read all the previous reviews, don't worry the hotel is not so bad but remain to be open minded.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family