“the best in and around Side”

Conny's Restaurant And Bar
Ranked #10 of 200 Restaurants in Side
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: French, British, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Conny's is one of the leading restaurants in Side. Situated just outside of antique Side. Our kitchen serves international food with a French touch. Also we serve local dishes and for the children we have a special Menu. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the bar we have several evenings entertainment. Open from 1 April - 15 November
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Even you go there with Turkisch or Belgium or Dutch people, you never have a problem in Conny's. The staff is helpfull and nice and the food, you can't find food like in Conny's in the all Side aria. I recommended everyone, go there and tray that out. I know that you gone like the food and that you going there more than one time. And don't forget to visite also the karaoke evening on Thursday.

2  Thank jozefkennes

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We went to this restaurant in July 2011 and spent about £25 on mezes and salad. The food was tasty, but after a while the waiter tried to take it away from us before we had finished it. We were the only people eating in the restaurant so it’s not as if we were taking space away from other customers. We’ve never been treated so rudely anywhere before or since.

14  Thank 92antonio
connys, Owner at Conny's Restaurant And Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

This review is to bring our good name down.
Connys Restaurant already excist 16 years in Side and not one review told about that our staff is rude and agressive. I can say that our staff is the most serviceminded staff in Side and far out of Side.
It is impossible that you was in July alone in the restaurant, because in July we was very busy and we never had people who eat only meze and salad.
Please note that the same people who wrote this review posted a review on another restaurant to help them to get a higher ranking on this site.
Please people use this good Tripadvisor-site only for what it is meant for. Not to help friends. Be honoust and leave your true valid mailadress behind and not a fake one

Reviewed 27 August 2011

We had hearing a lots of good recommendations of this restaurant and was looking forward to be guests. The staff was very welcoming like all the restaurant in Side and the food is good. We would recommend this place for a quite and nice evening.

3  Thank MillMed0203
Reviewed 18 August 2011

After reading the favourable reviews of Conny's on Tripadvisor I decided to visit the restaurant on our last night (as it was often said to be good for a special occasion) and was a little disappointed considering the hype.

The main courses were OK, though my lamb was a little tough at times and, for me, a little over-cooked (it would have been nice to be asked how I like it). My girlfriend suggested her meal was average. I also sent back my dessert (Tiramisu) as it was frozen in the middle (service relating to this was fine; I politely insisted I didn;t want a replacement and warm apologies were made - no fuss). My partner's chocolate parfait was yummy (are desserts made by the chef?)

The surroundings were lovely, the best we encountered on holiday; nice table-cloths, low-lighting and romantic music certainly created a romantic atmosphere. Without wanting to sound too harsh, given the high-expections, we found the evening very average and at 100lira (2 main-courses 1 dessert and 4 drinks) it wasn't great value for money.

One service that is excellent however is the bus back to your hotel; saves money and of course is hugely convenient.

It is clear the restaurant are, rightly, very proud of their TA successes (they have certificates on the wall), however they may be best-advised to temper revelling in the excellent reviews and get back to what got them their in the first place.

5/10

3  Thank Kernow-T
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Very nice and romantoic atmosphere. Food was very good. Prices were good too. Service was excellent. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Tomas B