SENTIDO Perissia
Lemas Suite Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$156
US$110
TripAdvisor
2,305 results
All reviewsfrench balconybanana joemoxi bara la carte restaurantsanimation teampaloma restaurantkey clubthomas cooksea viewturkeymain restaurantpancake ladysandy beachgreat holidaybeach restaurantkids clubtwo weeks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Have never been to such a clean and welcoming hotel. They couldn't do enough for us. We were a family of four including one baby. The food was very good and varied. The entertainment staff were brilliant fun, Thea misses you guys!!! Would recommend!

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank Pinklittlemouse
Reviewed 10 May 2011

You may be wondering why I have given this hotel a 3 when so many others have given it a 4 and 5, well I am basing this review on other 5* hotels we have previously stayed in, in Turkey.
We booked with Thomas Cook and I can honestly say the flight (TC airlines) was the the most cramped I have ever been on, even less room than Ryan Air and Easyjet aircrafts by far! The transfer to the hotel took nearly 2 hours going round dingy roads, the driver was not particuarlly good so the journey would have been described as bumpy at the least. Check in was quick and friendly once we got to the hotel. We boooked 2 standard roooms, 1 for my husband and I, the other for my 19 year old daughter and her friend. The rooms were without a doubt the worst rooms I have ever seen in a 5* hotel. We immeditately asked for an up grade and for approx E220 we upgraded to a larger room which was just as outdated and basic. The view was of the flumes, a kids play area and a side view of the sea, oh and lets's not forget the next hotels mens toilet, because of our rooms placement we were then fortunate enough to hear the neighbouring hotels show every night which was followed by a disco until the early hours of the morning. My daughter was incredibly jealous as the entertainment there seemed far more appropriate for a holiday then our own.
The gardens are very pretty and the pool area is really lovely with plenty of sun beds but the pools were freezing, only the odd few dared to enter it! For the first 5 days they they didn't serve drinks by the pool, I mentioned this to the TC rep and the English relations lady and on the last couple of days a man came by twice a day and gave us a small cup of iced tea, coffee or apple juice. The girls said the pool had no atmosphere and needed music, on the last day they played old Madonna songs, for me that just summed it up! The hotel is really old fashioned and seems to running on a very tight budget.
The beach was clean with plenty of sunbeds and the sea was lovely and clear.
There's a lovely jetty but it was closed for renovation although we didn't see anyone working on it during our week stay.
There are lots of water sports on offer, we had a go at jet skiing and parasailing, it's so busy out at sea, I think its an accident waiting to happen.
The staff worked very hard and most were friendly even more so when tipped but there just wasn't enough of them. In the dining hall 1 day I counted 25 tables and only 1 waiter, he was struggling to keep tables clear, getting drinks and setting tables. On more than 6 occasions we cleared our table and had to find our own knives and forks!! The hotel may employ more staff for the summer but I can only comment on what I experienced. The food was very good with plenty of choice. My husband enjoyed the beer and I enjoyed the wines, my daughter and her friend on the other hand found it almost impossible to drink the local alchohol.
The bars:
The avenue bar by the pool seats approx 50 people (outside) the hotel can have 2,000 guests at any one time. It doesn't open until 10am so if you want to miss breakfast and just have coffee I personally found this a pain.
The Key bar I can only describe as dingy, old and not big enough to cater for the size of the hotel, we had to sit in the corridor! Some of the cocktails are horrible and if you want a straw take your own because the hotel doesn't have any, apparently it's a useful way to cut costs as we were informed by one of the staff.
There is a lovely big terrace where you could sit before and after dinner with live music from the 50s 60s and 70s. You could even dance if you wanted to.(Simon Cowell would have a field day!) It was not easy to get served there, alternately you had to go inside and fight to be served and then bring your own drinks outside which wasn't easy unless you had a spare set of hands, 5* ?
The decor inside the hotel really needs updating, the carpets are outdated and ugly. The stair case down from the shop to the dining area was really dirty, I showed the TC rep and he agreed, he said he would get it vacumed. The spa was ok, we paid E50 for a Turkish bath and massage which was one of the highlights of the holiday.
Take a trip into Side its lovely other then the local men, which is to be expected, we all loved seeing the old ruins and found a nice bar to have a shisha (must try) and a few DECENT cocktails.
I could go on and on, all in all we did enjoyed yourselves, we didnt let these things bother us. My point is if you want a luxury pampering and are under 55 years old DO NOT go to this hotel.
One last word of advice, eat before you get to the airport. A well known burger joint tried to charge E61 for 4 meals and onion rings !!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank reallylv2travel
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The food was exceptionally good and the staff were very friendly and helpfull. The value for money is quite astonishing and every week you get to go to 3 different a la carte restaurants which really breaks up the "boredom" of going to the main restaurant. The animation team (Gizem, Eva) were very good to our little girl and made her feel very much at ease. Can thorougly recommend it to a familiy with young children, although it might be better in summer when you can use the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: We had a family room which is big enough for 4
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank arjovvliet
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Just returned from 2 weeks here this being our first time in Side & this hotel.
What a fantastic place!! From the moment you walk in untill you leave you are treay very well!
The room we had was a good size with a nice garden view, plent off room for 3!
The food was excellent, with a good choice every night, beef, chicken, lamb, kebabs and a very good french onion soup!!
The bar areas have plent of seating, leather sofas, chairs and plent of outdoor seats too.
Omur the barman is very good & hardworking. there is a good selection of drinks, enough for most tastes.
The polly kids club was great, special mention must go to Mehmet 7 Emma who are both brilliant with children and very hard working.
Side if a fantastic place, the walk down the prom is less than an hour even with a 4 year old. plent to see & do there, ruins, shops, boat trips & just taking in the ambiance!
All the staff work very hard to make you feel special, just cant say enough about them, very good with the children too. Mustn't forget Mogly of the animation team, great guy!
The pools & beach are lovely, the rocks in the shallow end of the pool great for kids ( young & old!)
Overall a fantastic stay at a fantastic hotel! Would i go again? Yes, so much to see & do in this part of the world.

Room Tip: go dinner early & get a window seat, gr8 views
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank owdsnuffy
Reviewed 22 April 2011

had a great time at this hotel it being our sixth time here. was sorry to hear that korkmass the towel man is no longer needed due to the towels being left in the rooms.how will this reflect on this being a five star hotel and the towels being changed every three days. will have to watch this space.....all the staff are wonderful especially ,hatice, serkan and ohmar the barman hope i have spelt their names right.and not to forget korkmass who looked after us very well around the pool

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple