We travelled as 3 adults and 2 two year old children and spent a week in this hotel in August. It turned out to be the hottest week they had in the region the whole summer.
Upon arrival we had check-in with someone who hardly spoke English and left to our room with a lot of questions. The bell-boy, a mature man with zero English skills, expected his 10€ tip ( no less!! Or you would get a nasty attitude) with an almost aggressive expression on his face only to not even acknowledge your presence on the hallway in front of the room the following day- let alone say hello. Great 5 star service! We got to our rooms that had virtually no ventilation, just fan. With 40 degrees Celsius outside and even higher expected temperatures in the following days, we asked around and fellow travelers informed us that the AC actually worked only at certain hours during the day, then was centrally turned on fan only. Two days in our stay, with probable numerous complaints in the scorching heat, the AC was on at all times but barely cooling. Hallways had no AC, nor elevators, restaurants, restrooms. One of the main 'attractions' of the hotel -the panoramic elevator- a glass elevator serving very many people and exposed to the sun for the whole day- offered not only a view, but a perfect sauna, free of charge!
Hardly any toiletries in the bathroom. Liquid soap disposer near sink and another one in the shower, no shampoo, conditioner, soap bar, mouth wash, etc. Some napkins and q-tips was all we got and housekeeping expected an incentive even to refill those.
Moving on to food, there was a decent selection. However, two days into our stay 4 out of 5 in our family got food poisoning, most probably from the fish- not what you hope for when traveling with young kids.
Milk- another story worth mentioning for those traveling with babies or young children. Every time we requested milk for the children at meal time,we got a different attitude. Mostly a frown, some comments in Turkish while turning to a coworker with a disgusted look. Then we would have them pour 100 milliliters of milk in a glass wine..
Without further detail, let me sum it up: this is a 3-star hotel in most regards, 4 star if you are very generous. Service is terrible. Between having very few English speakers but tons of attitude, you end up having very few requests met. They don't do basics. At check-in they forgot to give us the arm bracelet that identifies their guests and were constantly suspected of being intruders for all of our stay. When we realized the reason, it was towards our departure and had no more interest in correcting their mishaps. The one person who seemed to try to do his job was the children entertainer. I got the message across - in English- just twice during our stay ( one operator, one reception personnel). However, you will be fine if you speak German as they all seem to know this language to some degree. Expect waiters to snap at you and tell you that your table is not their responsibility, or just expect to be ignored.
With all this said, take your money and business elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean, our hotel is constructed directly on the beach of Side-Kumkoy and is located only at 65 km from the Antalya International Airport, and at 70 km from the city center of Antalya. With its different architecture and the extraordinary beauty of the environment, our hotel is indeed a paradise for couples of all ages and families with children - offering a private fine sandy beach of 150 m length and 50 m width as well as a variety of pools. An area of 50.000 Sqm, whereby 27.000 Sqm consists of hotel buildings and 23.000 Sqm consists of garden area. The guests will find 4 floors of a main building, 5 floors of an annex building and 4 blocks with terrace rooms with a total capacity of 514 rooms. DRESS CODE for evening meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & Spa Hotel Side
- Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort And Spa