Agree and disagree with some of the reviews on here..
Literally just back from 10 days at the Crystal Sunrise Queen. Booked hotel independently (Travel Republic) and flights direct with Monarch. Private transfer also with TR. Most people we spoke to booked with Thomas Cook (and agree that they were allocated smaller rooms).
Went with my mum, my husband and our six year old daughter. Had a family room, LAND view (don't like paying for 'upgraded view' as not in room long enough!). Turned out to be a good call as land view rooms and much bigger than pool views (in family block). Excellent size, two single beds and separate room with queen size bed. Not sure why the air con seems to be an issue, ours was on constantly and was freezing (much needed in 40++ degrees)..Yes some communal areas didn't have it but wasn't the end of the world as you only walk through them!! Agree that some staff can be miserable. Service with a smile would have been nice!! Stayed round the kids pool area (round back/side of hotel) and always got a sunbed (hotel policy no towels before 8 am and everyone stuck to it). Poolside fridge (bottle water - still and sparkling) available all day and bar open 10-6.
Food - fabulous selection for all meals. Found lunch at the Waterside Restaurant amazing. Probably better than the evening meal. Evenings were rather chaotic as small 'window' for dinner 7-9 pm but people arrived early at 6.45 so it got full up rather quickly. More waiters definitely needed. Good variety with different themes. Ate in Italian one evening but preferred selection at buffet. Sometimes food not piping hot but plenty of choice and replenished frequently.
Beach is lovely, loads of room and right on your doorstep. Didn't venture into Side as the shops at the top of the road sell all the 'genuine fake' goods without having to go too far!!
Many people have commented on the 'germans and the russians'..!! All I would say is if you don't want to mix with other nationalities then stay in the UK!! Everyone we met were friendly and courteous irrespective of their country of origin!!
Hotel itself was clean, spacious and welcoming. I would agree that it probably isn't a 5 star but then this is Turkey and their ratings can be different to say Spain, USA etc.. A good 4 star...
Yes, there were things which didn't quite meet expectations but it didn't ruin our holiday and we didn't look too closely although I'm sure some people go just to find fault in every little thing!!
All in all, we had a relaxing, enjoyable holiday...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean, our hotel is constructed directly on the beach of Side-Kumkoy and is located only at 65 km from the Antalya International Airport, and at 70 km from the city center of Antalya. With its different architecture and the extraordinary beauty of the environment, our hotel is indeed a paradise for couples of all ages and families with children - offering a private fine sandy beach of 150 m length and 50 m width as well as a variety of pools. An area of 50.000 Sqm, whereby 27.000 Sqm consists of hotel buildings and 23.000 Sqm consists of garden area. The guests will find 4 floors of a main building, 5 floors of an annex building and 4 blocks with terrace rooms with a total capacity of 514 rooms. DRESS CODE for evening meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & Spa Hotel Side
- Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort And Spa