We decided to book Ali Bey Resort (2 couples early 40s) after reading all the good reviews, but all we can say is we must be in the wrong hotel !!
Now some of the points made we would totally agree with.
1. The staff are amazing and can't do enough for guests.
2. The place is immaculately kept.
3. The Spa services were very good
4. Beach is very good
5. Beach restaurant at lunch time was excellent for food and service (needs to open earlier and open in the evening) only opens 2 till 5 every day.
Where this resort fails is
1. The buffet restaurant is the same every night and the food is terrible, one evening we had to ask for the restaurant manager as the food was so bad, he was only able to apologise and also refused to eat any of the food when we asked him to try it. The only other free choice is the fish restaurant but you can only have limited alcohol drinks unless you pay for them. This is an all inclusive resort and your drinks should be included and you should not have to pay extra for wine or spirits in a free restaurant.
2. The only other restaurant is the Turkish restaurant which will cost you 15 euros per person and again you will need to buy your own wine, so the choice of restaurant is very limited. Basically buffet every night will be your choice.
3. The rooms are good and have everything you need but the room service is hit and miss, one day you get towels and face cloths the next day you don't, we also found the turn down service to be hit and miss.
4. Our room was in block 12 on the ground floor, the front of the room looks out onto the service road with a ramp to the underside of the building which has constant vehicle movement up and down every night. So far this has woken us every night and early morning with vehicles revving to get up the ramp and everything banging when they get to the top. The view from our balcony is non existent with high trees and shrubs touching the balcony, this seems to be common with all ground floor rooms throughout the resort.
5. When you arrive you are told that they have 14 tennis courts but if you want to use them there will be a charge, also if you require to use the gymnasium it will cost you 49euros for the week !! We have never been to a hotel and had to pay to use the gym !! when we did go to the gym to take a look it was totally empty so that's what people think about the extra charge.
6. The drinks from the bars are limited to local only with the cocktail choice being limited and not available in all bars, also no sparkling wines available unless you pay which is now standard choice in most all inclusive resorts.
7. No iron or ironing boards in rooms.
8. Sun beds around the pool have two settings, upright or flat but nothing in between so they become very uncomfortable.
9. The hotel has very limited English guests so it's more catered to continental breakfast so we found the breakfast choice is poor.
This will be our fourth stay in Turkey and this is most defiantly the worst hotel we have stayed in by far, if this hotel sorts out what we have listed above then it would be worth returning but if they don't they have lost us as returning guests and now most probably you after reading our review.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Ali Bey Resort Sorgun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alibey Resort Side Hotel Side