“PERFECT!”

Ranked #39 of 228 Hotels in Side
Bristol, United Kingdom
“PERFECT!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have just got back from staying at the Asteria Hotel in Side after staying there for one week. It was by far the best looking hotel in the region. The grounds were gorgeous and well kept. First impressions were very good but got better over time. The staff were so friendly and done everything to make it a good stay. Our room was spotless. We got new bath towels every day, our fridge was fully stocked of well branded drinks every single day and there was a safe as standard. When it says it is All Inclusiv, it really is. we had no extra charges. From having a minibar to being able to get ice cream in the day, it was all free. This was the first time I had gone to turkey before and the first time I had gone on holiday with my girlfriend and I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. The food was good but got a little boring for us at times but that was just us. The location is perfect. Just a small walk down to the beach which was literally next to the hotel and is a lovely part of the beach. There is also a lot to do, there are people on the beach that try and sell you excursions, trust them. We went on a boat trip to manavgat. It was a whole day that included lunch on the boat and only cost 15 euros. AMAZING! The little town of Side (Seeday) is about a 20 minute beach walk away with lovely bars and resturants and local shops.
I could go on and on about how good our holiday was but I will sum it up in saying, incredible value for money and not one bad thing to say about the hotel. Best holiday of my life. Definetly 5 star!!!

Room Tip: Our room was near the road but couldn't hear it. Any room is fine really.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kieronjr
Levent S, Yönetici at Side Star Elegance, responded to this review, 16 December 2015
Dear Guest,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
nuneaton
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We have just returned from the Asteria hotel and it was fab.. not sure about the picture above but that is not the Asteria we went to... we arrived and like the other people have said got dropped of at the bottom of the gates but after getting our room i realised why and appreciate the decision. We got one of the rooms by the reception and as some of the flights are late it would be a nightmare with coaches arriving in the early ours so I am quite greatful for this. My mother in law left at 6.30 pm and she was picked up at the gates so i think it must be for the late arrivals. The room was smaller than I am used to but it was very very clean and well presented with everything i needed.

we went for breakfast and first impressions werent very good there was no bacon, and some of the other food didnt look very good but when we actually tried it it was really really nice. Breakfast was the same everyday but the food in the evening was fantastic, it has done nothing for the waist line what so ever. The hotel and grounds are excellent. The entertainment there was only one night in the whole two weeks that we were bored the rest was really good. The animation team was great we really miss them.

The hotel was mainly russians and germans the first week and english the second but it wasnt a problem. The germans did take our chairs in the ampitheatre one night and then tried to rob my mother in laws towel from underneath her but if you told them straight it was fine.

The staff are really hard working an most of the breakfast staff then go on to work right through to midnight. Overall this is a great hotel yes there are alot of steps but i was glad of this as it was my little work out after eating all the gorgeous food.

the only thing i would say is they are very strict with the late check outs and dont budge but there are 3 courtesty rooms available.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank healyNuneaton

Chester
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Myself, Husband and little boy of 1 stayed here for 10 nights during May 2012. Upon arrival we were a little disapointed, as the coach had to drop us off at the gate due to our arrival time but a member of lobby staff was immediately sent to help us and when we arrived in reception, we were very please with the service we received. We were all offered a drink and ask if we wanted to leave cases and head down to the restaurant for some food which we declined, as just wanted to go to bed. We were shown to our room which was right at the front of the hotel to the right of reception, a great quiet room and perfect for a family. Rooms were very clean and modern which we were pleased about, as we are fussy when it comes to hotels. We were give a twin but it only took two seconds to push beds together and my son was given a travel cot.

The hotel itself is rather large and over a lot of levels which we did find difficult with a buggy especially at peak times, as the lifts were always full and some of the guests were not so open to all squeesing in as you would do in UK.

The staff were friendly if not to friendly, we had a battle every meal time to keep them from distracting our little boy. Only thing I would say is that they always say hello in German, as a majority of the guests were German but even by the end of the holiday staff that knew us still did it which was fairly annoying.

The pool was brilliant we always made sure we got the beds around the baby pool so that my son could come and go as he pleased. The pool was freezing but then the weather was only just warming up. The pools were clean and there was always a member of staff walking around picking up litter and empty cups.

We didnt really use the beach, as we are more pool people but it was clean, the only thing I would say is the sunbeds are very cramped and if you like to sit in the sun like me then you may end up shaded by someone elses brolly.

The restaurant was good, food became a bit repetitive but it was well cooked and there was certainly enough of it. Myself and Husband looked forward to Lunch though in poolside restaurant the pizzas are great!!!

The entertainment was ok and my little boy loved the Mini Disco for the children he still does ram sam sam now. The adult entertainment was ok and some nights were better than others it was such a shame that we finally got a great night of entertainment and it poured down so had to go to an indoor bar, as the amphitheatre it located outside.

Overall we had a great holiday and would definately return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 508 was great at front of hotel and very quiet. Ask for if you have booked a standard room, as...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank HoneymoonersChester

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

after being built up about this place I am sad to say we where all let down by it on many levels.

family rooms - are good size, clean, etc.(aside from baths)
no water in fridges, just huge bottles of carbonated drinks and cartons of overly strong juice. not what you need during a hot night. Rude hotel lobby staff responded to my request for water in the fridge with "you can ask for 10 bottles of water at any bar and take them to your room"
true.. but not quite the response i expected.

lovely lobby bar waitress... made us feel welcome and mixed me some nice cocktails while I waited for the thomas cook rep to arrive the day after we arrived. she was the best part of our few days there.

anything else good to say about it? ..did I say nice lobby? very fancy, huge, great view...
amazing terrace view higher in the hotel but thats was a lift up and stand there with no chairs out to enjoy it... beautiful view though for those few minutes.

family rooms CRAP view.. no view.. just bushes and opposite laundry rooms.
feel very closed in and family rooms are only a few and in one place.. all bad.
(views bad bit rooms nice aside from the jacuzzi bath! details to follow! )

jacuzzi bath - DIRTY! scum from the taps even after running it 15 times.. what a waste of 3 hours!!!¬
shower - head dodgy, sprayed water to the side in eyes as you try to shower. rest of the bathroom was immaculate though.

check in - arrived at 12 am there about's.. to be told that coaches are not aloud down the driveway, so our bags where dropped on the bottom drive in the dark and we were told to walk up the long driveway.. err,mm ok.. no one to take us and no idea who was watching our bags.
i see from past visitors reviews that they didn't like coaches pulling in on the driveway in front of there rooms so I am guessing this is why, but not good for us at 12 midnight in the dark, tired with kids, being told to trot down a driveway alone and leave our possessions on the bottom of a road!

Steps - oh yes the steps everyone talks about.. not that bad at all really!! I thought they'd be the size of Egyptian pyramid stone steps by what people said. haha... just a small hotel grounds and a few swirly steps to get around, really no hassle if you have legs and are not 50 stone. there are easy side routes on the grounds to walk away from steps, just take 5 mins more...

pool - 1 pool.. small compared to other hotels ( looks big in the pictures !) one baby pool too and i MEAN baby! up to a toddlers knees and a few foot wide.. nice that a topless 50+ woman smoking a ciggie was lying next to it when we were there.. come on love, at least lye by the adult puddle not the kids droplet of a pool.
slide open for only 2 hours a day and heavily policed by the lifeguard, fair enough but the kids couldn't relax or enjoy any of it through fear of the whistle. when they went down the slide tons of older holiday makers all groaned and tutted... this didn't feel family orientated at all.

hotel space - longish walk to another lobby other side of the hotel to get a lift to another floor to get to the room.. so be ready for that to get around, but not a hassle really. just unexpected. felt like you where venturing to the dark side of the hotel haha. (which was true )

pool restaurant - tables to close together, cigarette smoke in our faces even queuing for a table.. waited 40 mins and no table free... went round the corner to beach bar instead and found it was in the dark under trees and quite empty as it felt bleak.. wouldn't have wanted to eat there.

main restaurant - awful.. very small, like a canteen at school, no lass, no soul, night time we had to wait an hour to sit as there was 5 of us.. kids where tired and fed up, we where the same.. had to sit inside in the heat and with bleak tables with fed up waiters.. it felt very stressful.

breakfast - food lukewarm, VERY limited choices... we have been spoilt going to amazing hotels ( in turkey) with fabulous food choices and options, massive food halls and great staff... we felt sick at breakfast with the lukewarm sausage things and warm yogurt..
this is a true example of a half board hotel that has decided to go 'all inclusive' but all it means is they serve another meal a day... no improvement on size or style of food...

indoor pool - wasn't open! we were told it would be (18th may onwards ).. asked several staff members and got no answer even though the sign said open it was CLOSED all day!

the beach - haha beach? its like a few metres of a bit of Skegness compared to some places we have been.. a few chairs pushed together, on a small area of beach, open to everyone.. and on a board walk so all people run/walk/hike up it all the time.. no pier.. couldn't see any water sports near by... depressing!

nighttime entertainment - what entertainment...? this was AWFUL... 15 people there and most left when bingo started.. barely any English and only 3 kids joined in the kids disco as the was only about 8 kids in the entire place including the 3 with us.. (who didn't get up) .. pop corn at the night entertainment was all that kept us there for more than 15 mins... I felt sorry for any kids as getting tipsy would be the only escape from this place and they cant as they are under 18! no we are not English idiots all wanting loud music and all English speaking staff/entertainment.. just ANY entertainment would have done!

10 days here? no way.. NOT as good as it thinks it is..
saw the rep and paid for a transfer and taxi elsewhere... wasn't going to risk food poisoning by lukewarm food or boredom!

ok for an older couple to relax..not a family ( a quiet family at that.. not a noisy group who where just bored ).
I'd also tell the older couple to go elsewhere too! lobby very unpleasant when they realized we were moving hotels, even though we tried to be nice and weren't annoyed at them, just the hotel.

no view, no atmosphere, no soul... no way!

Thomas cook you suck for making us pay for a transfer... this is the last time you take our cash.. x

Room Tip: don't get a family room!!! bad views and area.. you have to pay in this hotel to get good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank CatOnAHotTinRoof2011
Levent S, Yönetici at Side Star Elegance, responded to this review, 11 January 2016
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.
Essex, uk
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Me and my fiance stayed in this hotel in June 2011...

On arrival, the staff couldn't be nicer - we had a late flight, and didn't arrive until 1am. We were seen straight to our room by a really bubbly receptionist.

The Rooms....

The rooms were lovely, and extremely clean but didn't really have a holiday feel, I did kind of feel like I was at a holiday inn at times. We unfortunately had to ask to be moved the next day as our room was right next the reception, facing the drive. If you're someone who likes to sit on your balcony I would suggest you request a pool facing room as we had no privacy at all. We had to have our curtains shut at all times as when coaches pulled up, they were litrally on our balcony and could see straight through our room!! It took us about 3 days to be moved, and the staff were rather rude about it, when we were completely polite and explained we felt uncomfortable. We were then moved to another room which was still facing the drive, but was further back and hidden by gardens - Lots better!!

Food....

I can not fault the food, it was lovely!! Despite getting my bikini body for holiday, I soon lost it again after scoffing my face with all their delish choices of pastries!! I also had chocolate pancakes every morning, they were amazing!

The Pool...

We didn't spend much time round the pool at first, as family were staying at a smaller hotel nearer the harbour called 'The Raga'. Although we were not staying at this hotel, we felt much more welcome, and the staff were happy to welcome us despite not staying there. After our family went home, myself and my fiance still had a week left... Being a young couple, we were hoping to meet other young people around the pool, however didn't have much luck as 95% of the other people were german!

The Grounds...

The grouns are amazing, always people working on them and making sure they are in pristine condition!!

Location...

This was ok, we loved the long walk down to the harbour as we could walk past all the bars and hotels and be nosie, however did sometimes get fed up of the long walk every night as we like to venture out! I did prefer the other end of the beach where the hotels were smaller, and all the people come out of resturants to talk to you. They will try and call you in, but have a bit of banter with them and let them know you'll pop in later! When you do, it's really deserved and we got lots of drinks on the house! You NEED to go to the 'Disco Bar', where you will meet Sully!! He was a ledge! Also, there is a resturant on a pier which is a must! The food is amazing!

Overall Experience...

Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing holiday but didn't spend much time in the hotel as felt that the staff catered more for the german people. Despite leaving tips and being friendly, we didn't really feel like we were acknowledged. We didn't purchase towels, as we had our own, but when we handed in our keys on departure they tried to charge us 50lira each for aparently losing them!! Cheek! We also didn't see our Thomson rep once and was advised by a rep in another hotel, that she had a boyfriend and spent most of her time at the other hotel with him... Which was helpful when we was trying to arrange excursions! NOT!

Finally, for young couples I would deffo say try and get closer to the harbour if you want to meet people and are after a more fun filled holiday! I don't not like German people, but when your a young couple hoping to meet new faces it's quite disappointing! It's sore for the eyes aswell, all them man thongs and spedo's haha! :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CharlotteEmmaxo

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The hotel is well kept with nice clean rooms and with friendly staff. Well situated. Nice clean beach and only 20 mins walk into Side via sea front path. We never had a problem finding sun loungers even though we are late risers. Buffet excellent, so much so that we never bothered with the specialty restaurants. The hotel is large but has not grown beyond its capabilities as is so often the case. We could always find an outside table at breakfast and at evening meals. The only problem is the noise. Previously this was due to there being an enormous open air disco the other side of the main road but that has since closed. The heavily used dual carriageway at the back of the hotel is an obvious disturbance so we made sure we had "Sea View" even so we could hear it in the room we were initially allocated. So we moved. All we had to do was ask and reception arranged us to be moved. However the new room was closer to the beach so until 2300 we heard the hotel's open air bar with live singers and after that the noise from the sea front bars. I suppose the hotel can't do much about that and I confess that we are incredible noise sensitive - others to whom we spoke had no idea what we were going on about. Perhaps the rest of the world is deaf? Anyway I liked the hotel, food, staff, amenities in fact everything except that it was noisy. If you are looking for a quite peaceful stay then I wouldn't recommend this hotel or any of the other hotels along the front. If you aren't quite so sensitive to noise then you'll enjoy your stay. Being able to speak German was an asset - not only in the hotel but generally in the area. Most of the shops, taxes share buses and other vendors all seem to prefer payment in Euros rather than Turkish Lira. As Euros are more easily used/exchanged I would recommend taking Euros and only a small quantity of Lira. Only the museums required payment in Lira - for everything else Euros were accepted at a reasonable exchange rate. Occasionally it was even cheaper to pay in Euro!

Room Tip: If you don't like your room ask reception and they'll attempt to move you.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank AhlanM

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I went to this hotel with girlfriend in August, 2011, and it was one of the best moments of my life. The hotel itself was lovely - very large, but very well kept. All of the staff had that rare thing, genuine friendliness. You felt like a friend and not a customer. Our package was all-inclusive, but the lovely thing about Asteria was that it actually WAS all-inclusive - not a single thing cost a penny more, whereas other holidays I've been to always find a way to sneak in extra costs. The location of Asteria is beautiful. It's a nice 15 minutes walk along the beach to the nearest town, and the way is littered with restaurants and pubs, so you can always stop for a drink. Once in Sidhe, the town, there is a wealth of stuff to do. If you walk to the north of the town, there is an amazing series of Roman ruins, which we must have spent a whole day exploring at one point - truly beautiful. Possibly the only downer was actually the heat - it hit 34*C while we were there. However, we were there at near peak-heat, and the swimming pool was just the right temperature to escape the heat from, and very nice in general. If you're reading this review, I absolutely recommend you give Asteria a visit.

Room Tip: I'd definitely try going for a sea-side view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Piers D
Dear Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Side
Side Star Beach Hotel
Side Star Resort
Side Star Resort
#3 of 4 in Gundogdu
Barut Acanthus & Cennet

Been to Side Star Elegance? Share your experiences!