Turquoise Resort Hotel & Spa
Lemas Suite Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$34
US$267
  • Breakfast included
Gazipasa Star Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Hanay Suit Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$26
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$142
US$132
Hotels.com
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Kentia Apart Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$40
TripAdvisor
US$439
TripAdvisor
1,163 results
All reviewssultan barpine foresta la carte restaurantsmain buildingturkeydeluxe roomanimation teamsnack barmain poolwalk along the beachrelax poolplenty of sunbedsevening entertainmentthomson repgreat holidaywater slidestwo weeks
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is located in what can only be described as idyllic surroundings; lush green forestation rolling down the relaxing lawns to an iconic Turkish beach. This is the hotels main selling point, which I suspect is now starting to slip somewhat with the onset of newer hotels around the corner.

The hotel is immaculately clean in nearly all areas, and it is clear the staff work hard to keep it that way.

The pools were excellent and we always found space to set up camp and take in the sun.

So that is the good, now to the not so good.

The staff - while there are some gems in the mix, overall the staff were not that friendly, and with a predominantly German clientèle not all speak good English. The animation team did an excellent job of being out and about, and there were some good activities to choose from, although almost every time there seemed to be a reason why we were unable to. The nice touch of walking around the breakfast hall first thing in the morning to say hello was very good.

Restaurant food was a bit 'samey' but do not expect late food from the so called late breakfast, as double hard boiled eggs and curly croissants do not really hit the spot.

A la carte's were OK, but there are much better to choose from in other hotels in the area we have stayed in. The menu's tend to be 'set' with just a final element to choose from. Hardly a full A la carte offering but overall the experience was an enjoyable one.

We opted for the two room family suite, located next to the villas. This is sited in the wooded area, and given they are premium rooms it sort of defeated the object of going on a beach holiday - more like centre parks with good weather! This seemed somewhat ludicrous and took away the pleasure of sitting on the balcony in the evenings.

The night time entertainment was somewhat 'eurotrashy' non lingual, but overall sort of hit the spot given the market they are catering for. It din't really work for us.

The hotel has some really weird policies, and it seems that not all of them are geared to your absolute pleasure. We did find some quite restrictive and were often left questioning why.

Some areas are starting to look a bit tired, and would suggest a facelift is on the cards in the next year two.

I believe this is a mid 3 to 4 star hotel, and suspects it keeps it low rating to boost the Tripadvisor ratings. In the time we went it slipped from number 2 in the are to number 4, and I can see why.

Room Tip: Don't book expensive rooms from the UK. Book the lowest cost room and upgrade on arrival as it is much cheaper!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DerbyGrazzer
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Outward flight - Very good flight, on time and cabin crew very friendly
Antalya Airport not great, had to wait around 40 minutes for luggage then when trying to find Thomson Rep this proved difficult and eventually found them sitting behind a desk at the front of the airport which was not labelled Thomson so caused a lot confusion.
Transport to the hotel was also not great as we had a driver that could not speak English and as it was dark we could not recognise any of the hotels that he was pulling into.

Arrival at the hotel very good, first impressions very good indeed. Reception staff very efficient and explained everything in detail whilst we drank a glass of champagne. Bell boy very efficient when taking us to the room with our luggage.

Room very clean and comfortable (E block room 6110) noise kept to a minimum. room overlooked the private villas and away from the main hotel.

Gardens and surroundings were kept exceptionally well and clean, very pretty.

Food - main restaurant very busy during lunch and dinner, but as we are early risers breakfast was much quieter and we had our own pet cat to keep us amused.
Service by staff exceptional and had very good memories with regard to your drinks.
Food very good, although a little repetitive.

We drank mainly in the lobby bar in the evenings and the barman and his assistant very friendly and very soon new what our tipple was.

Never had an issue with acquiring a sunbed as the hotel had a policy of no reserve before 9.00am. Great that they had grassy areas as well as the great beach and pool areas in which to sunbath.

Thomson Rep - her name was Deanne and I have to say that she is probably the nicest and most friendly rep we have had on a Thomson holiday. Never had a problem finding her and always greeted us with a friendly smile. She is a very bubbly person and clearly enjoys what she does.

6  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My thoughts on a week-long holiday (20 – 27 May 2014).

The welcome at the hotel was excellent. Everyone who arrived (about 14 people altogether) were directed to a large table in the lobby and then asked to sit down. We were presented with a glass of champagne – annoyingly thought my 13 year-old daughter was not offered a soft drink as an alternative. The lobby was bright, airy and exceptionally clean. After filling in basic paperwork, we were given our 2 electronic room keys, 2 pool-towel cards and an in-house credit card to purchase branded spirits (not included in the all-inclusive deal). The bell boy escorted us to our room (D Block room 5117). Again, exceptionally clean, well-appointed and a very comfortable bed. I paid 2 Euro a day for the safety deposit box in the room for peace of mind – definitely worth it.
Observations of the hotel in general are:

Pool – very large and clean. Cool in the early morning but a nice temperature at the end of the day as the sun had warmed it up. Loads of sun loungers and never a problem getting a bed, the hotel has a policy of no reserving a sun lounger until after 0900.

Food – the most disappointing part of the holiday for me. Food was buffet style (unless you book one of the theme restaurants) and invariably it was always cold by the time you had queued and got back to your table. They made a big effort with variety but I have to be honest and say that I have had better at hotels in Turkey. A lot of the food lacked flavour and it was very repetitive. That surprised me as a lot of reviews on the site were raving about the food. Each to their own. People ate in the restaurants with no shirts on (men and women) to me that is unacceptable, I do not want to stand in a queue next to someone who has just come from the beach or pool, the hotel really need to be firm on this and implement a minimum dress policy. Also smoking outside while eating is allowed. So, expect Germans, Russians and Brits to be puffing away while you eat – disgusting. This is the same all over turkey and wasn’t really a shock to me.

Rooms – excellent, comfy beds and great maid service. Block D was great, a 1 minute walk from the main hotel but it was quiet and very relaxing. Perfect for what I wanted.
Villas – I upgraded for my last 2 nights so that we were in a villa. We were allocated room 3024A. Again, comfy beds, exceptionally clean and great maid service. But, it was nearer to the hotel and the evening entertainment could be heard until 2300 each night – a consideration if you have young children and definitely worth checking which room you are going to be allocated before you upgrade. Private pools for villas residents outside your terrace and private sun loungers. You also have access to the Begonvil restaurant as a villa-dweller. A more personalised service, but the food is the same standard.

Rep – the Thomson resort rep was Deanne and she was excellent. Bright, bubbly and helpful without being in your face or off-putting. She was a real credit to Thomson - well done!

Overall we had a relaxing holiday but I would not return to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank David S
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Marvellous hotel in all respects from reception to the hotel cats.
Everything about the place oozes pleasure, relaxation and friendliness.
Second time around and it just gets better, will be returning again.

Room Tip: Any will be good
8  Thank tony6691
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I decided to surprise my wife for our 35th Wedding Anniversary by taking her to the caribbean, but after going into our local First Choice I came out booking the Turquoise Hotel Side Turkey, how did that happen, you may ask, but that is another story.
We arrived on 6th May after a 4 hour flight and a hour drive to the hotel, when we arrived and saw the lobby we knew right away we had hit the jackpot. After a short briefing from the Hotel Management we were shown to our room, which was in the main block, opened the door and entered a well decorated clean room with a balcony.
Rooms : It had a shower & wc with good lighting, hair dryer and plenty of towels changed every day. Two sliding cupboards, a dressing table, 2 bed side tables, sofa, tv, drinks, fridge and a good size bed, it opened out to balcony overlooking gardens and a tennis court. The only issue we had was the air conditioning wasn't switched on until June so it got hot.
Restaurants : Main dining area was clean well kept and plenty of waiters to get you drinks and clear dishes. The food was very good, but as I have got older I have shied away from food I don't know, but my wife did try different dishes and she enjoyed everything. I loved the breakfast choice and the sweets at the end of dinner and lunch as my stomach now tells me.
They held themed nights and again the choice was enough to satisfy all. They also had 3/5 Al le Carte restaurants opened and again the food was excellent, but one complaint too much food. First time I tried white fleshed salmon.
Entertainment : Like most hotels they have the crew, they work hard and do a great job trying to keep all entertained, but without the pushiness I have experienced in other hotels, say no and they leave you alone. The actual shows they have at night are very good not the cheesy shows you experience in some hotels, we enjoyed them all.
Bars : Plenty of bars around the hotel, from the lobby to various outside bars, all well run, and what was good to see was everyone enjoying the alcohol without the rowdy football shirts ruining it for others. They also had a good range of soft drinks tea and coffee.
Pool : 1 Big pool,and various others around the grounds including an indoor pool, but never used them as we are beach people. Plenty of sun loungers available and never struggled to get a seat.
Spa : Never used
Sea\Beach : Kept clean everyday, sea was freezing which was a disappointment to me as I love snorkling, I still saw fish around the pier at the hotel.
The hotel grounds are well maintained, you also have security on the front gate, taxis are always available outside the complex, but if you are going to Side or Manavgat just get the bus, it is 2.5 TL each way less than £, and if you need a taxi negotiate a rate.
Would we go back, yes, perhaps the best hotel we have stayed in, one point I should make, there is a lot of Russians stay at the hotel, and they are geared up mainly for them, although at the time the Dutch and Belguim guest's were just as many.

Room Tip: Although they offer sea view rooms, the entertainment takes place below them until 11.00-11.30pm, and when they have a group playing it is loud
6  Thank AlmostChester