“great holiday yet again.”
Review of Lemas Suite Hotel

Lemas Suite Hotel
Ranked #36 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Just returned from Lemas suite. This was our 4th year in a row, great hotel, free bus to & from beach and lovely staff. Nothing too much trouble. Big improvement on choices at breakfast.
Selim at reception has to be the most helpful, funny and efficient guy, a real asset to this hotel.

Sandra & Senga

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sandra w
There are newer reviews for Lemas Suite Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2013

just returned from the wonderful Lemas Hotel with my lovely family, 4 children who were kept happy and had their best holiday so far, we have been to Turkey many times and this was as always excellent facilities with wonderful people and the most perfect food. It could not have been better. The pool was a great size and the children spend all their time diving in and out of it, a free bus to the beach which was equally as beautiful and cheap taxi ride to the Town of Side with its historical images on every corned. I adore Side and I love my time there I actually now thinking of buying a property there. I will definitely go back to this hotel I can not recommend it highly enough. Top tip go half board as the food is truly excellent and its much cheaper than eating out which can be rather pricey particularly if you have a big family, mine was 4 children so big enough.

Room Tip: by the pool if you don't mind noise of people in restaurant and in pool, very beautiful look out...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great hotel, superb service and company! Hello to Sonny, Selim (Jimmy) and Mr Melon Snus.......plus Komrade Head waiter (I never got your name). I dont do charter holidays usually but can really recommend the atmosphere and friendly staff at Lemas.........always ready for a chat, discussion and laughs in a genuine way.
Asalam a lekum Selim..........I am cleansed of all sins and now live without Vodka, cigarettes and all bad temptations this world offers me.
Cheers for a really nice time. Gareth

2  Thank GarethJones63
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just got back from 10 days at Lemas. new owners have taken this over from May this year. It is fairly basic, (some of the furniture needs updating) but an effort to keep rooms and public areas clean is attempted and generally made. However the saving grace is the pool. the swimming pool is fab - one of the best I've ever had in Turkey. it is large and well kept. some of the poolside furniture needs updating, but I believe that the new owners will rectify these issues within the next 12 months.
never eat there (apart from breakfast) as I like going to different restaurants each night,The breakfast is the usual Tomato - Cheese - bread - cheap meats variety usuall found in Turkey, but it is what it is, and we just got on with it. The "orange juice" was cordial - but hey, what can you expect when you pay budget - if you want fresh orange pay more for your hotel.
All in all it was Ok to Good. It's a bit out in the sticks -The hotel is 1000 Yards from the Main road / dolmus stop, so it's a fair walk along a dusty road. - and it is a 45 minute walk into Side centre, so bare this in mind if you have elderly or infirm people in your group.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lewylemutton
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have just arrived back from Lemas Suite Hotel. We booked self catering as we don't like to be tied to one place. The apartment we were given was on the top floor of block two. It was very spacious and clean, the cooking facilities are poor but this really didn't matter to us as we ate out all the time. Nice balcony with pool view. Air con is FREE of charge and was perfectly adequate. Bedding and towels were changed twice a week. The complex is small but really well kept, the pool was nice and very clean, the chaps were out every morning cleaning it and maintaining the surrounding areas. The bar area was nice, however the guy running it was a bit of a dope, he only ever operated in first gear, but pleasant. You are not in the middle of nowhere as some reviews state. There are shops and restaurants within ten minute walk and most ok. I would recommend to take a little torch for walking back. Side itself is about a 45 minute leisurely stroll along a traffic free promenade. Its a nice walk with plenty of bars and shops along the way. Side is lovely, lovely harbour, lovely restaurants and plenty of shops. This is our first time in Turkey and it was fabulous, we will certainly come again and would stay at Lemas again. We are led to believe they are revamping the complex ready for next year, bonus.

2  Thank kaysieBobsikins
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Please do not book the Shuttle Transfer with your trip - Fiesta is the name of the Transfer company which came with my 'On the Beach' booking! Plane touched down at 2.30am but I did not arrive at the lovely Lemas until 5.30am where the journey included a 'comfort stop' of 25 minutes for the driver! That was bad enough but the company did not send a return transfer to pick me up from the Lemas. I called the number given the day before to 'reconfirm' my pick up time as required and was advised the bus would arrive at 12 noon on 28 September. I was at the gates of the hotel at 11.45am. When the bus had not arrived by 12.30pm I telephoned the emergency number and was advised that the bus was 'on its way'. At 15 minute intervals when the bus had still not arrived I kept calling the emergency number and was told that it would arrive imminently. Eventually the Hotel Manager called the emergency number and was advised that the bus will not be coming and that I would have to take a taxi to the airport. I did not have enough money for a taxi nor did I have my Debit Card with me on holiday! I was in a complete panic now and the Hotel Manager arranged for a driver to take me to the airport where I arrived 5 minutes AFTER the check-in desk closed at 3pm! Thankfully they accepted my excuse for being late and I was checked-in. I do apologise to use this site to vent my sheer terror at this experience but I was travelling alone on the trip and want to warn future travellers! Anyway I want to thank the Hotel Manager and the lovely Welsh family who stayed with me for the two hours I waited for the bus and who offered to give me some money for a taxi if necessary! I hope you all arrived home safely too. The hotel was everything Anne Marie H says it was in her review so please enjoy your stay at the Lemas and hope that you have better luck than I did with transfers lol

Room Tip: Im glad I had the option of a pool view room - it was lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our part of the hotel consisted of three low-rise blocks (four storeys) around a pool with the bar/restaurant area on the fourth side. The general appearance is attractive and enhanced by brightly coloured flowering creepers growing up the walls.
Our apartment comprised a living room with two long sofas, coffee table and TV at one end, and a kitchen area with fridge, kettle and two hotplates at the other, Equipment was basic but just about adequate. But take a corkscrew and bottle opener.The bedroom was twin bedded and the maid, who came in daily, often left flowers on the bed, a lovely touch. It is quiet at night. The bathroom would have benefited from a good scrub in parts - blackened grouting in parts of the shower - but I am fairly faddy about such things and still found it within the acceptable range. Sheets and towels were changed twice weekly and the loo roll supply did not falter. There is a small balcony with two chairs and a little table. I have read quite a few critical reviews of the accommodation and can only think these people must be used to staying in expensive hotels, which I am not. We found the accommodation perfectly acceptable although I would suggest getting a steam cleaner into the corners of the bathroom.

Ther are two pools, three if you include a paddling pool, and they were immaculately kept. The water did not smell of chemicals at all. The large pool is a very good size. If you like cats there are about half a dozen lovely little cats around - and, mysteriously, a white rabbit - which are not only well-fed by tourists but apperently someone from the hotel does see to them during the winter so high-fives for that.
We were on half-board and breakfast consisted of a huge array of dishes, fruit, cereals and bread. I must admit that many of the dishes were rather odd but if you can't find something to suit you among all that lot, the fault may also be yours. However, the fruit juice should be avoided, it is truly horrible, tasting of disinfectant. Breakfast is served from 8-10. We ate there in the evening only once, on their Turkish night, which is very good value at £10 each. The food was fair, but nothing special. I would recomment the Cihan, a restaurant 10 mins walk away. A lot of Turkish families ate there. £20 bought us 4 beers, 2 main courses, and a huge flatbread with salad to start. Alcohol, apart from the local beer, is expensive. If spirits are you tipple, I suggest you decant some into a plastic bottle and bring it in your suitcase.

I cannot praise the hotel staff too highly. They were very friendly and extremely helpful, and at least two spoke excellent English. Even the cleaning ladies, who spoke no English, always had a smile and attempted to communicate with us. The little shop stocks only a limited range of goods but it is very reasonably priced.

The area is very new - literally nothing looks over twenty years old. Few of the roads have names on them, there are few proper pavements and only the main roads have markings. It is not tidily kept, but then this is Turkey, not Harrogate. It is ten minutes at the most to the bus stop to travel to the older part of Side, just a short ride away, and the fare is very little, one or two liras.

The hotel runs a free bus to the beach at 9, 10, and 11, and back three times in the afternoon. The journey takes 10 mins. Each hotel seemed to have its own designated area of beach and cafe/bar. Ours was the Apollon Temple bar and their omelettes are very good indeed. The beach is clean, the sun loungers free, and I saw nothing nasty in the sea.The beach slopes very gently, you can walk a fair way out.

The hotel has a little spa, and I had a massage, £10 for 35 mins. Germans and Scandinavians are in the majority, fewer Britons and fewer French still. But there were plenty of sun loungers so it didn't matter. We had a lovely week there. This was out first visit to Turkey and I was greatly impressed by the friendliness of the people. The importuning to buy was good-natured and you get used to it. If, like me, you are a middle-aged woman, you will enjoy constantly being told you are very beautiful. I even got the hang of bartering, which I did not imagine possible before I went. I would probably not return to this hotel, but only because I would rather stay in a more traditional area.

Room Tip: We had little view from the balcony because of a tree. Also, my husband noticed some rooms looked on...