“what do you want from a holiday”
Review of Park Side Hotel

and 1 more site!
Park Side Hotel
Ranked #159 of 227 Hotels in Side
Manchester, United Kingdom
“what do you want from a holiday”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We are currently staying at the park side , and we read some of the reports re the hotel . All I can say is dont belive all you read , there is nothing wrong with this hotel, its very clean the staff have been brilliant with us, the food is great and the drinks hit the spot. Why some people go out of there way to write untruths is beyond me ok its not 5 star but has it ever said it is ?.Why complain that the drinks are to strong or its to hot or it rained??????? Please. Why not take some time out to learn the basic manners in Turkish and you will be surprised at what littel you have lernt goes such a long way.
All I can say is we are having a great time here.......
Dave, Maria Clarke 29/08/2013 here till 13/08/2013.

Room Tip: Pool view but all rooms we haev heard are ok
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank citycity51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

What can I say about the park side hotel?? Well this was our second visit in as many years and the hotel was as good as ever. I was very disappointed to hear Thompson's had dropped this hotel for the 2013 season so we had to book the hotel independently and we certainly weren't disappointed.
Upon arrival at 0230 we were greeted by the security guard who carried our luggage from the taxi to reception, where we were promptly checked in and shown to our room. The room was extremely clean and looked over the pool. The facilities on offer in the room were more than adequate for an comfortable stay. We had a fridge with a small freezer, tv with a variety of European satellite channels, bath/shower, hair dryer, ample wall sockets, air conditioning and a massive big double built in wardrobe with coat hangers. The rooms were extremely tidy with the maid service working very hard to keep you in fresh towels and bed linen daily, again the cleanliness of the hotel cannot be faulted as the place was absolutely spotless from the pool to the dinning hall.
The food on offer was of good quality and standard. Don't go expecting chips and that every night cause its just not going to happen. The food is traditionally Turkish with some European dishes thrown into the mix such as chips and chicken schnitzel. The deserts and the range of salads and yoghurts on offer are second to none. Drinks included in your all inclusive option are ; troy lager, shandy/radler, cola, fanta orange, sprite, gin, raki, soda water and lime, tonic water, fresh orange, iced tea, coffee and water. The waiters at the hotel are first class and really look after you, look out for wee Adem behind the bar and big Adem who walks about doing everything both are top blokes!!
The hotel puts on entertainment a few nights a week with a magic act, snake act and an circus act and have an american pool table and table football game. However on Monday nights its Turkish night where you get a bit of traditional dancing, a belly dancer (guys get your lira ready ) and some dancing from the waiters who get everybody involved and its a great laugh and giggle. The hotel also offers a free shuttle bus to service to Viking beach which runs throughout the day.
The hotel is located in a superb position, just a 15 min walk to the beach and antique side if you take the short cut passed the football stadium. The Saturday market is only a stroll away and there is no issue with noise as you are in the quieter part of town.
This was our second visit to the park side and it won't be our last!! Absolutely cracking wee hotel which offers excellent value for money!
* If you Are looking for Lara beach luxury you have to pay Lara beach prices*. Great hotel, we will definitely be back for a third year, see you soon .

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Neil D
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I would just like to point out that negative comments that are put on here are probably from absolute muppets.I stayed at merve sun in 2011.the reviews on this site was stating that it was horrible and dirty.it was quite the opposite in fact it was a great holiday with the staff treating us with the upmost respect and we did the same to the staff.don't listen to the not rights on this site that try to ruin your holiday before you leave.the majority of English people don't know the meaning of the word respect hence why they think they haven't bin treated right.I'm going to park side hotel in September and I can't wait.don't listen to the Internet warriors on here.flipping not rights.!!!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank vin30
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed here in May 2011 ,one week which was more than enough. Agree it was cheap but not a 3 star,more a one star.The rooms were kept clean but that was the only good point,the food was terrible and tasteless,the beer was served in half pint glasses which were not the cleanest, the reception staff were ignorant and did not want to hear of any problems.Did get on well with the young bartender who was entertaining, Best part of the food consumption was when we ate at the Hawaii bar across the road,Also found that window lock on the patio doors was broken at the end of our stay and the lock on our suitcase had been broken luckily only a couple of pieces of clothing were missing,when we told the manager he just shrugged it off and did not care as we were leaving the following day. Top tip DON,T GO.

Room Tip: check the locks
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank peter d

Travellers are raving about these Side hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Well, where can I start with this holiday?
I went in June 2012 only as I was going with my friend and her family, I would never have chosen this hotel otherwise.
ROOM:
Room was OK, we had 3 single beds which was perfect, very comfy.
Got cleaned every day. Shower was either burning hot or freezing cold, never in between.
Balcony was great size, ashtray provided and has a fridge, safe and average sized wardrobe space.

POOL:
Pool was 6ft all round, kids pool was shallow but I got shouted at for being in with my friends 5 year old brother who cant swim and almost drowned in the pool!
Also pool was NOT cleaned the entire fortnight we stayed.
Not enough sunbeds as people leave their towels on them the night before or come down straight away before breakfast which we were told was prohibited.

ENTERTAINMENT:
Lack of it more like, 2 nights out of 7 there was some entertainment. One night its magician, the other Turkish dancing. Bit of a shame when your there 2 weeks, second week is repetitive.

MANAGER:
Was going to throw us out because we were Scottish and were on our balcony at 3am.
Nothing but a racist, wasn't fond of English either but loves Germans!

STAFF:
As long as you don't ask them to do anything for you they're nice, smiley people!
Always trying to get you to go to clubs and don't speak much english.

TRIPS:
Never get photos done with photographer, pervert!
Takes you to a beach, asks you for all sorts of pictures in different poses and if you refuse to do the sexual poses he goes in a mood and walks away from the shoot, leaving you stranded.
We went on a few trips to the waterpark and a boat trip, using the shop across from the hotel to book, very cheap and great fun! Local market is amazing, easy to haggle, right next to The Red Lion pub.
Beach trip from hotel is good, but mostly used this service(free) to walk 15 mins to Side town centre. Shops here are phenomenal. Much cheaper than paying taxi or local bus here, just make sure you are back in time for a bus to get back.

Most importantly
FOOD AND DRINK
Well, what can I say about the food and drink here?
Apart from the fact I came home from Turkey with E-Coli 0157 after eating the majority of meals here, occasionally eating out at The Red Lion down the road or going to the local shops for munchies.
Food is cold, mostly uncooked and horrid. A lot of the salad has mud on them from not being washed, absolute disgrace of a hotel. Afternoon snacks were a disappointment too, dry pieces of cake and biscuits, occasional melon. Breakfast time you can queue for fresh pancakes/omelettes/any type of egg, gorgeous, best food I ate at the hotel.
Drinks, well... alcoholic drinks are far too strong and "All Inclusive" means the local drinks, and only until 11pm. Cocktails on happy hour are "Buy One Get One Free" but it has to be the same cocktail.

This was an absolute waste of money for this holiday. Had the worst experience ever in the 2 weeks and to come back to finding out you got a potential deathly bug was the icing on the cake. Only thing that was good about the holiday was the people that work in the 24 hr shop across the road, cheap cigarettes too, 7lira for 20 l&b. Only cigarettes I recognized from UK. And of course the weather, lovely and sunny. Other than that, WORST HOLIDAY EVER!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rebecca D
Southampton
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Most of the things we read in these reviews turned out to be true!

After mixed reviews we planned a week-long stay at Park Side. This is a well priced hotel so we were not expecting anything amazing but were very happy with most aspects. Our room was a good size with a nice view and was always cleaned and made up nicely, the pool & bar areas were also well kept and other guests all seemed friendly. Of course the sunbed issue still occurs here (I've never understood why I can't lie on a sunbed at 8:30am just because they have all been "reserved" ten minutes earlier by people who have no intention of using them until the afternoon!) but after six days the only criticisms we had were the poor Wi-Fi received from anywhere except the reception area & the air conditioning which whistled at us 24/7!

On the final day however we asked for a room to change in before a late flight & were told to return to reception at midday, only for our phone to ring at 11am and for us to be told we needed to be out of the room as it needed cleaning but that another room was ready. Despite being a little disappointed that we appeared to be forced from our room an hour early we asked for ten minutes to finish packing and made our way to reception only to find that this room has been sold to a friend of the man we had been dealing with. Naturally we expressed our frustration to the man on reception but the best response he could conjure up was to shrug his shoulders. When we asked to speak to the manager it emerged he had been sitting in reception the whole time, although he also did not let us explain our frustrations instead choosing to listen to what the man on reception had to say before also shrugging his shoulders (anyone would have thought we were in France!). Eventually this issue was resolved but more due to us giving in than any staff being helpful!

In summary this hotel is nice for the price you pay, although the reviews saying that the service is poor and that the staff are rude is also correct, if you don't need them for anything though you will probably enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor if you need Wi-Fi!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Woody02380
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

sorry for the late review only just got my internet fixed..

Went to this hotel for a week in august with my best friend Sarah :)

what to say about this holiday. well ignore all the bad reviews.. i had a fantastic time.. it was only due to the fact that i could not get the same time as her off work that i did not return in october, but im looking forward to the season starting up again and lots of holidays at the park side in 2013 :) its a real shame that thomson are doping the hotel but there are plenty of web sites on the net that are still doing it and i look forward to my return.

ROOM
Always clean and tidy. the maids was very polite

FOOD&DRINK
Breakfast was great, i had FRESH omelets and pancakes EVERY DAY!
Dinner and Tea was very healthy and fresh- always plenty me and my friend never went to bed hungry :) nor did we get ill or hear of any one else in the hotel say that they was ill due to the food.

BEACH
beach bus picks you up and drops you off at the beach and brings you back free of charge.
Or you can choose to take the short walk down to the beach. Like most places abroad you come across small rubbish piles at the side of the road, dont let this put you off.. the staff at the full moon beach are ace and the food it top quality. you defiantly have to go and eat there :)

ENTERTAINMENT
5 out of 7 nights that we was there we had entertainment.
Turkish dance and belly dancing on the Turkish night
snake dancer
magician.
on nights that there was no entertainment we made our own

MANAGER
The manager what a lovley man, he was ace not a bad word to say about him.

STAFF
The staff really made our holiday, all of them was very friendly , polite and helpful (and that is all the staff not just the bar tender that my friend had taken a shine to... bear in mind she has known this man for over 5year)
the staff was always busy from start to finish just like sarah said in her review.
when they wasnt going round the pool and reception asking what you wanted to drink, they was all busy cleaning ash trays making sure tables was tidy and that the guests was happy.. i didnt have no communication problems with any staff

Read some recent reviews saying the staff was ignorant and unwelcoming and falling to sleep on the job. i cant believe that for one minute as the laws in turkey are far different to england and the staff would be too scared to step out of line.
Maybe if they was a little rude they was probibly just sick and tired of all the english people thinking that they was a cut above every one else..i no by the end of my holiday i was.. on our holiday in august just like my friend i was at most times ashamed to be english. the behavior of some of the english guests was disgusting and defiantly uncalled for. pissed out of there head come dinner time being rude to the staff and the other guests. shouting and swearing and causing trouble, what gets me is if they was in england they wouldnt act that way as they would be straight down the cop shop and spending a night in the cell, typical brits abroad!!

like on all my holidays me and sarah made some good friends with in the hotel and still stay in contact with them now. i didnt realize there was a law against making friends wit the locals or even a law against my friend now being in a relationship with a turkish man.. can i just point out after reading a review further down that on my friends return to the hotel it was actually her boyfriends last day at the hotel so through out her stay he infact was not working at this hotel. and this certainly would not make hers or my opinion on the hotel bias as my friends relations own a hotel in egypt and if you read her review on what a rubish holiday at egypt it was you could see for your self that she is straight to the point and says it how it is.

Back to the hotel now

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AND WILL I VISIT AGAIN.... YES and YES

Thank you to all the staff at the hotel for such a fantastic stay loved every minute of my holiday in August and was guttered i couldnt make it in October..it would have been a far better holiday for my friend :) thank you the chef for some very yummy food :)

see you all soon until we return have a safe few months enjoy the end of the season and see you all in 2013

Room Tip: dont knock it till you try it :)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends