“Guiness Night this Friday 18th”

The Shamrock Pub Side
Ranked #93 of 190 Restaurants in Side
Cuisines: Fast food, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Guiness Night this Friday 18th”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My luck is in. I am back for another visit and they have a 'free' Guiness night coming up. Tayfun was a little vague as to how one qualifies for a free pint. 'They will ask you a question'..is what he said, 'get he answer right and you get free drink'. Now what can they possibly ask. He gave no clues. As long as along the lines of 'Where is Guiness from' I'll be OK.
Tayfun and crew welcoming as always..a little home from home and always friendly crowd. Mind you this thime I will spend a little longer as long as the glorious weather lasts anyway.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Side'li

• Turkish first
Widnes
“Glad to see things improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

WoW nice to the Shamrock has picked up business heading out tomorrow so will give it another whirl. I always admired the decision to try an Irish Bar in Side we have tried it a couple of times food was reasonable staff were excellent but in truth it was always a little quiet and we always moved on quicker than we would of liked to. I wish them all the best.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BigJohnUtd
London
“A pint of Guinness?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Well poured and well kept. A bit expensive but then there are not many other places serving it.
Not enough Irish or Irish who declare themselves. Lots of UK ex-pat residents who are typically stand-offish when you declare you are Irish. Not unexpected really as I have lived far too long with that sort of English hypocrisy. It is a Irish Pub fgs!! Other than that trying to educate Tayfun in the subtlety of Irish culture is fun. I ca't ever see him doing Boiled Bacon and cabbage for Sunday lunch, or crubeens for a snack but some things you accept. stay away from diddly-diddly music, for the sake of it, Tayfun and you'll be all right. George Michael, Elton and Cher make me cringe tho.
The quality of the pint overcomes all criticisms. Tayfun is a brave man in a land of John Bull and Royal Castle(authenticate Irish Bar, and any other ethnic group that the mgmt decide it qualifies fro) At least the Shamrock wears its name proudly on it's rebel chest!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Side'li
Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bar in Side!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The Shamrock Pub Side has the best atmosphere ever. I'm just back from hols with my friends and we visited this place on many occasions. Since we were Irish we were treated like royalty. The bar staff are so friendly and pleasant. The owner Tayfun always made us feel so welcome. I would definitely recommend visiting this Pub when visiting this area.. You definitely will be buzzing with excitement when the night is over!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Natasha S
“Best pint of Guinness in side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Excellent bar staff always pleasant .probably the best pub in side .would recommend visiting if in area the salsa night on Saturday is very good every one is made welcome

• Visited May 2013