“Nice and Friendly”

Ranked #185 of 228 Hotels in Side
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Nice and Friendly”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just had a lovely week at the Palmiye Hotel . The manager was friendly and helpful and the staff made us very welcome.
Our room was spotless and a good size. We were half Board the food wasn't the best but for what we paid I didn't expect 5*.
Dennis always had a smile and was extremely friendly. The Beach was about 10 mins walk but the shuttle Bus picks up outside the hotel .. Great beaches !!!!!
Will go back

I

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank jane2116

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Falkirk
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Palmiye Hotel, and I cant wait to go back next year!!!. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff were very friendly (always a smile and a hello), the food was also lovely, I was half board which was excellent value. The rooms were simply furnished with a good size bathroom and balcony, and the pool area was nice and quiet, with plenty of sunbeds for everyone. The hotel is near to shops and restaurants and a short walk to the main town of Side. There is a free bus to the beautiful beach from the hotel, and the Dolmus stops outside to take you to Side for a small charge. I have to say a special thankyou to Deniz the restaurant manager whos level of cutomer service was outstanding, always going the extra mile to make you feel a valued customer. I cant wait to return next year, I highly recommend this lovely family run hotel, top marks!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Catherine292
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

manager was most pleasant, dennis always happy and smiling, we have stayed at the palmiye lots of times and always had a great time, great location, i would recommend this hotel to anyone, rooms was very clean staff always helpful

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Barbara P
Reviewed 28 March 2013

What can you expect from a 2 or 3 star hotel ? Not much, but at least clean bed sheets and clean towels could be provided everyday!The room is small but nice and the "garden view" looks more like parking. I have stayed there twice and it was always very noisy in the night and in the morning. If you paid for a half board, the food was not too great. If you paid for the food separately it was great. Don't get attached to the staff because they will simply use you, I was too stupid to understand it. Women are treated better than man even if they haven't done anything wrong they would be told off. If you Want a cheap holiday then try it but I would rather save and go somewhere else, I will not come back again. This year we are going to tunisia 4* hotel! I hope I helped.

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank Weronika0892

Travellers are raving about these Side hotels

Mojacar, Spain
Reviewed 8 December 2012

my friend and i wanted a relaxing holiday we book to go to turkey in palmiye hotel we arrived early hour the staff were very helpful took our case to room told all about the breakfast cheaper to eat all week help yourself and if you wanted any thing cooked the chief would do it the dinner's were lovely the hotel was very clean it is suitable for all ages it is a very friendly place i would recommend anyone to stay the price is good the beach is near you can walk or a taxi the sheet were nice and clean and the maid gave us clean towel every day an sheet any time we asked they were very good to us we had a balcony looking on to the road was nice to see out my friend is bad with asmma so we was moved down to the second floor i thought it was good thank you for having us and looking after us we can't wait to come again we never laugh so much and made a lot of friends there and still in touch we are all trying to get there together again the sea is so warm like having a bath from elizabeth taylor

Room Tip: we had room near the door on the end of the corridor we open our door then the balcony door made a n...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank lizzietaylor_12
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Contary to the comments on this website, I was impressed with this hotel. I am an extensive traveller (solo) and never stay in anything higher than a 3 star. This was more than adequate. The rooms were clean, linen spotless and staff more than helpful. The food in the restaurant was beautifully cooked and again, nothing was too much trouble. I had such a relaxing, memorable time I have rebooked for the same hotel.
My personal view to some of the comments seen are that people expect 5star services but only want to pay for 2star.
If you want clean, comfortable, relaxing, pleasant environment - then this is the place for you. If however, you want glitz, nightclub, constant entertainment...go somewhere else.

Room Tip: non poolside rooms have the sun in the afternoon if you want to sit on the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Debs225
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We arrived at the Hotel at 01.30am, to be told there was no booking for us, fortunately I'd taken duplicates off everything. The owner said he did not know what had happened but clearly we had a booking and he had no rooms, he would find us somewhere else. i stood my ground refused to go th the Naz Garden. He got us a place done the road for the night, can't remember the name but nice. he had a room ready for us by 12 noon.
We where overlooking a field, but that was fine, there were chickens and lime trees there.
Rooms basic but clean, plug aboce bed not by drawers, but a plug in bathroon for Hairdryer.
Air conditioning and safe cost £100 for 2 wks. Ideally situated for going to any beach and for restuarants. Dolmus stops right outside to go to Side, but only a 20 min walk. Opposite is Dolmus to Manavget.
Owner totally miserable, but the bar and restuarant staff absolutely brilliant. Denise Bar Manager always got a smile, pool area fine, only critisim there is arouund the pool is very very slippey a few people slid over and there are no warning signs.
Nice quiet small beer garden around the corner (The Lotus), beer cheap.
On the whole everything OK, would go back again now we know what to expect. You get what you pay for. We booked through a Travel Agent cheap deal. We found out that the Hotel only gets £10 per room per night and they don't receive that for about 3 months after the Holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple