Villa Gizem
US$157
US$144
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Hanay Suit Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$26
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Lemas Suite Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$293
TripAdvisor
US$224
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2007

The Villa Gizem is a boutique, adult only hotel. It only has three floors and about 20-25 rooms. It only opened in 2006, which is why it’s hard to find a review of the hotel.

Hotel Decor was tasteful and fresh. The hotel, including lobby, gardens and pool were always pristine. The rooms were comfortable and the balcony quite large.

The only point I would make here is that there was part of the roof, near the window, that was too low for most people. What it lost in a slight bang to the head once or twice, it gained in making the room look rather quirky and full of character. No problem.

The maid was the hardest working woman in Turkey and she left origami bed linen and rose petals in our room every day. What a star.

The pool offered both sunny and shady areas and the sun beds were free. As the hotel was quiet, we had the pool to ourselves for most days. Fantastic.

We ate breakfast sat by the pool. The breakfast was typically Turkish. As we were half board and we were there at the end of season (28th Aug for two weeks - so only about 5 couples in the hotel), the Villa Gizem did not do evening meals.

We were advised on arrival that we would be taken by minibus to Emiran Hotels sister hotel about twenty minutes walk away. As this was a five star hotel and had many all inclusive guests, the food was fabulous - I didn't mind a bit!

Don't let this put you off, you can get the minibus at 7pm or walk down a little later. The hotel will come a collect you after your meal - just ask at the sister hotel reception.

The staff at Villa Gizem did not all speak the perfect English spoken by the Manageress, but they were all very helpful. The drinks prices in the hotel were more expensive than the local bars, but were still very reasonable. No complaints on service and very accommodating.

The location of the hotel is about 15-20 minutes walk along the beach to Side Centre.

This is a lively, spacious resort, so it's nice to be slightly outside of the centre. There are shops and bars in close proximity to the hotel and I would recommend the restaurant next door to the Villa Gizem.

The only downside I should mention is that there is a club playing music on one side of the hotel. I have to say it did not bother me at all and it was not very noisy, but some may not like. Just request a room on the other side.

It is easy to get around Side by bus or taxi. Everything from taxis, eating, drinking, etc was incredibly cheap - except decent wine and imported spirits. There are great restaurants, some historical sites and plenty of shopping.

I recommend a Turkish massage whilst you're there. I also enjoyed the paragliding on the beach.

I would recommend Side as a lively place, but expect it to be very touristy. Most tourists here are German, Scandinavian or Russian and not all the locals speak English.

Take a phrasebook and have a go at speaking the lingo.

I enjoyed Villa Gizem and I would return to this hotel.

Be aware that On the Beach, tour operator sold us the holiday before we noticed the small print that said our transfers were not included.

We booked these afterwards, with OTB online. It cost about £54 each for return transfers.

Despite this, we both thought that the price we paid (approx £440 excl transfers for two weeks half board from Bristol) was great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank iloveholsBristol