Asteria Sorgun Resort
Priceline
  • Pool
US$207
US$152
Gazipasa Star Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$32
Priceline
US$249
HotelQuickly
US$110
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here a week at the end of august 2012. This hotel is a paradise on earth. Staff was fabulous and all inclusive was really good and healthy. We had a room with a seaview. The entertainment was pretty loud in the evening, but it didn´t really matter us. And we had a "german language bath" during our holiday week, because most of the quests were germans.
The hotel has a great beach of its own and many kinds of watersports are available. Really, there´s all you need, you don´t have to leave the hotel at all, if you don´t want to. Just read a book or two, enjoy the sun and sea, eat well and relax.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner yard are quieter than the seaside ones because of the entertainment and shows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Minna H
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We were having trouble in deciding where to take a late holiday this year. Then I overheard someone at work raving about a hotel in Turkey. I had never been to Turkey. Therefore by default this hotel was recommended to me by a work colleague who had holidayed there this summer.
We tend to holiday later in the year, around October and November, so the heat is not too intense. This also meant that the hotel was not at full capacity but still very popular, about 800 persons.
We found that we two were of only seven British persons residing there. We never came across others. This added to the experience as all nationalities were very friendly towards each other. In fact you would have thought we were all from the same nation. I put a great part of this down to the Animation Team who constantly put thierselves about to socialise and bring residents together through thier entertainment.
The location is fantastic for poolside, beach and garden relaxation. The gardens are constantly kept up to standard and therefore pristine. The town of Side is within close proximity and easily accessible by walking along the beach. Maybe not such a good idea in peak summer. Otherwise use the frequent local buses outside of the Hotel which are very cheap.
The quality of food was exceptional and being that we were All Inclusive there was a never ending supply. I'm sure there was such a variety that all tastes would have been catered for.
Again, the Animations Team were quality and my wife and I fully respect how hard they worked to entertain. Ten out of ten.
Overall the experience certainly lived up to the hype of my work colleague and my resultant expectations, plus a lot more.
I would not have second thoughts about recommending this hotel to anyone and I have some very fussy friends.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a south facing view towards outer periphery of grounds.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel was both 'fabulous and brilliant', the accomodation, food, bars and staff and service was of a very high standard. Even the entertainment was better than most hotels. True the hotel was mainly occupied by our German friends who were mainly retired and of reasonable class, with the odd exception. I was amazed how many Germans smoked and had a dithering inability to decide what to eat in the restaurant which caused queues. The weather was fabulous around 36' by day and sunny, and 24' by night and we had no troublegetting a sunbed either on the beach or the pool. The beach was excellent and you could walk into the sea 40 yards on a gradual slope before it reached your head. It took a good 30 minutes to walk into Side but we are now 61, and Side was a quaint town with a good selection of shops and bars and lovely harbour and one of the best archaelogical sites I have seen, but avoid walking in the midday sun. Taxi to Side 7e or 17TL but most items are priced in Euros. Excellent holiday with beautiful people and country.

Room Tip: Ask for 1001+ for exceptional views of the bay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steve_bamford
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Having travelled to 35 countries, on various holidays - I can safely say that this is one of the best all inclusives I've stayed in. I really haven't got a clue what some people here are complaining about here - for sure, you will get better if you stay at a Hilton, Sheraton etc.. but you'll have to pay about 40-50% more to get just full board in one of these first class hotels.

The rooms are clean, spacious and well decorated with an excellent maid service. The food in the buffet is excellent - it included sushi and other speciality dishes, lots of fresh fish and well cooked favourites - you could easily have something different every day (provided you're imaginative enough to choose and try different things). In particular the food hygiene was good, so no signs of the food poisoning that used to blight Turkish holidays in the 80s.

The restaurants you have to book are particularly nice - the Italian was excellent but the seafood one - sitting on the pier restaurant at sunset was just the best.

The beer, wine and cocktails were really nice too.

On the beach, it lovely and clean with comfy sun loungers and a broad sunshade for protection - the sea was really warm and inviting.

One minor criticism - the animation team weren't the best we've seen by a long way. A surly bunch who were a bit 'up themselves' - and the shows weren't too good.

All in all - a wonderful holiday and I'd recommend the Asteria Sorgun very highly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank DraftyAtom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Got back yesterday after 2 fantastic weeks. This is the fifth time we have been to Turkey having stayed at various hotels in Sarigerme, Altinkum and Lara Beach, The Asteria Sorgun is among the best. The hotel is multi-national with no country having a majority ( not all foreigners are German or Bulgarian) and caters for all. The staff are all multi lingual and most speak perfect English. The rooms are more than adequate and the food is as good as at any hotel i have stayed in . There are plenty of sunbeds around the hotel but if you do reserve them before 8:00 make sure you stay with your towels as security will remove them.
They have many special events at night including a white party and a Chocolate party where you can indulge in as much chocolate that you can eat.
The spa is as good as any I have been to and reasonably priced.
The only draw back is the hotel is a bit isolated with nothing outside the main gates, but for 20Tl you can get a taxi into Side or Manavgat which are both hives of activity.
All in all I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and would have no hesitations in returning again, so if you are going don't be worried and have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family