“Birthday and autumn holiday”

Sueno Hotels Beach Side
Ranked #26 of 227 Hotels in Side
Narpes, Finland
“Birthday and autumn holiday”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a very nice autumnholiday our first time in Turkey. The weather was perfect and so was the place where we lived. People arround us were friendly. Food was frequent and perfect. We two housewifes enjoyed the days we could have served food and no dishes and cleaning. Just like a dream. The Middle sea and the sal,t warm water can we just not describe it has to be experinced!

Room Tip: Just go with Nazar.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
yorkshire
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Me & my bf stayed here for 4 nights,I had tried to book for a week but wasn't possible online,I spoke to someone on monarch site who said the hotel was closing rooms to guests after the 4 days, if I booked the 4 day our flight back wasn't till 11pm so I was concerned about keeping the room on, I rung the hotel they assured me I would be able to keep room on. When there 3 x I went to reception to sort it they said come back Thursday (day of departure) and Thursday they told me I couldn't keep room on due to a conference, very disappointing. No shower rooms for guests just the two grimy showers in the Turkish bath, not a 5 star customer service. We were the only English in the hotel but most staff spoke enough English to communicate, rooms were very nice carpets instead of tiles which was a luxury abroad,nice big bed,there was a dirty towel on the dressin table when we walked in and our patio door lock was broke which is concerning,room 3118 I think. Food was repetitive, couldn't get into a la carte Italian there was no one in at all but they said they were fully booked all night. I had a massage I think treatments are too expensive for the surroundings rooms not private or soundproof. Waterslides and little theme park are good, entertainment poor. Hotel was further out than I thought it would be we didn't try walk the beach way as there was no path on it and to walk on the sand would be slow! Side was a nice place but I felt they are not fond of the English in that resort and a lot of things are priced in euro. The staff at this hotel try their best and if they're not smiling that's because they are faced with rude obnoxious Germans 24/7! The beach area was nice but cheap sun beds. I wouldn't return for a short break it was nice but not 5 star

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank sunlovinsoph
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Our travel agency recommended this place but I think they didnt know about the poor service and food. It's like hotel management cut down the costs as much as possible. Inexperienced staff, understaffed, not smiling staff, not well dressed staff, checking women staff, all here. Also they try to save money from food quality, other than ala carte restaurants which some of them are very good, hotel food is well below average. This hotel was like this all summer or is it now? Even animators, guards, barmen, everybody is inexperienced. But, beach, location, sea, lake rooms, plan, car park, environment, ala cart restaurants, gym, spa, pools are good. Side street is a good idea but not well run. Turkish and Italian restaurants were excellent. Just for 5 € per person extra. Lake rooms were exceptionally nice. Beer was efes, raki was yeni raki but I never heard about wine, whisky, vodka, tequila brands before, just cheap ones. Overall I would give this place 3 stars but because of this peaceful lake room it is 4. But I will not come here again, and you shouldn't.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank AsimOrhan
Alapaha, Georgia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My family and I were at Sueno for Spring Break and we loved it, we moved from a hotel room to the Gazebo and it was amazing! And my kids enjoyed the waterpark and the 'rollercoaster'. The beach was also very nice, and we loved to walk from the hotel to the town. It was an amazing experience! everything was enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bethany d
Galati, Romania
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is a terrible hotel with a fantastic beach.

The hotel itself very poorly maintained with poor response and service from staffs.

Our room was not fully cleaned and prepared everyday.

Animations being non-existent.

The food was awful.

The staff is very rude with turkey non-speaking people.

It was 5th time in Turkey, but this Hotel was worst choise!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Alin G
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have accommodated in family room in lake houses (2 adult + 2 kids) for 10 days.

Hotel has a good plan, meaning everything is nearby. Beach volley, minigolf, pilayes/gym area are next to the beach, nice that I can play beach volley while my wife is doing morning gym and kids are swimming or playing mini golf. If you are hungry you don't have to get dressed and go to the main restaurant. There is a large dining place (Side Street) close to beach. You can find variety of choices.

I highly recommend lake family suites. You may even don't want to go to the beach. My friends stayed at the hotel family room which is much smaller and is not compareble to lake suites.

Sea is generally "great" except the windy times. Clean and warm.

I may give 4 or 5 stars for the hotel - room, beach, animation... etc. they are really good.

But but but the service is disaster. 2 stars is enough, 3 stars might be the most. From where to start I don't know. The attitude of the staff is very diverse. Some are polite some are very rude. The waiters was looking (peeking) at the girls doing gym is enough to say for its service I guess. The gym teacher was so disappointed that she shouted at the waiters to look to their own business.

We forgot our beach staff at the beach and tried to find for 3 hours the next day. I don't want to explain all the silly things for this. Finally found the things by ourselves at the corner of the beach.

A la carte restaurants: Turkish 5 stars, Indian was good, 4 stars. Barbeque 1 star only, just for the place, nothing more. We didn't try italian and asian, don't know how.

Amusement park is great for kids. Every evening we were there for one hour. Kids loved it.

Generally, I give 4 stars to this hotel. If you don't expect much for the service, It is really nice. But they have to improve staff quality much to be a real 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Lake houses highly recommended
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It is a very nice hotel - nice beach, aqua park, good restaurant, not bad rooms but the service.... Let's begin with the beach - good sand - no stones, free sunbeds and umbrellas. But you have to compete every morning with the early birds - the Russians and if you don't go to put your towel on the sunbeds before 9.30 am - no chance to find a place (first line is ocupied before 8 am!) Water is ok, no deep see until some 50 meters.
Pools - internal/external pools, 2 children pools - perfect!
All inclusive - foods + non-alcoholic + some alcoholic + tee, coffee + mineral water.
Restaurant - main restaurant, Turkish restaurant (prior reservation) - free. Italian, Indian, BBQ restaurants - 5 euro per man - prior reservation needed. The food is ok. May be a little too spicy but ok. Be carefull with your small children. Children menu available only in the evenings. The main restaurant is all the time very busy. Be patient - to have a table cleaned you may need more than 10 minutes. If having a small children go and find your baby chair by yourself - the children won't wait 10 mins.
Perfect aqua park - free. Luna park is also ok, but paid 1.5 euro/ticket.
Good children centre and nice playground.
Rooms - we were in a family room - it was ok.
And at last the room cleaning. Every second day cleaning and towels change for a family with a small child means significant issue. The second day the cleaning guy came at 3 o'clock pm. The child was sleeping so we gave him the used towels and requested only towel change and WC paper. Said ok and dissapeard! We called 3 times the reception - finally at 10 p.m. got the towels, but the WC paper... Next day - no cleaning at all though sign "clean the room" was on the door all the day and personally asked the cleaning guy. On the fourth day some cleaning and so on. I walked every day around to look for a cleaning guy and had some towels and WC paper on my own. At least the minibar was changed every day - mineral water, some soft drinks and beer - free.
If the service was not so poor I would have rated the hotel 4* at least. The hotel definitely suffers from the stuff shortage in the rooms cleaning/supplying and the main restaurant. I know the tourism in Egypt and Tunis is dead, but Turkey should not rely only on this fact. Things may change.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family