“The best ever all inclusive resort I have ever stayed at!”
Review of Blue Waters Club

and 1 more site!
Blue Waters Club
Ranked #31 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My holiday at the Blue Waters Resort was the best all inclusive holiday I have ever experienced. I went with my partner and on arrival at 1 in the morning the staff welcomed us and ensured our luggage was taken care of. We were shown to our rooms and on the way we were given an overview of the resort and the facilities. We were advised that the restaurant would open at 2am if we wanted something to eat although we did not take up this offer. We were allocated a Club room which was beautifully decorated, spacious and spotlessly clean. During our ten day stay we found the whole experience brilliant. The whole complex was spotlessly clean throughout and everything was extemely well organised. All the staff were polite and helpful and could not do enough for you. There was a huge variery of food on offer - much more choice than at any other all inclusive hotel I have ever been to. All the food was hot, fresh and reguarly replenished. All lot of the food was prepared and freshly cooked in front of you - griddled meats, pasta, stir frys and omlettes made to order were just a few of the things. All 3 al a carte restaurants were excellent - the best lamb ever in the Turkish one - cooked in an underground oven and carved in front of you. Snacks were available all day long - including freshly made waffles and cakes. There were no queues for drinks in any of the bars - always plenty of staff to serve you - unlike most all inclusive hotels! Facilities for children were great - separate pools and water slides, a kids club and several playgrounds - even one on the beach. There were lifeguards around all the time near the water slides and also security men on the beach at night so children were safe. There were lots of available sun beds on the beach and around the pool - certainly no problems with towels going down in the mornings - there was no need. Yes there were quite a few Germans there - but if all you want to do is mix with lots of other Brits on holiday - then don't come here. If you want quality - it's simple - go where the Germans go! I would also recommend the hotel spa for a Turkish bath - a beautiful atmosphere and very relaxing. At the end of your holiday if you have a late flight home you can keep your room on for later at no extra cost if you ask at the reception on the morning of departure - obvioulsy this depends on availability but the reception staff are really helpful and will do all they can to help. I can't wait to go back next year!!!

Room Tip: From speaking to other guests it seems the Club rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank victoria1967
There are newer reviews for Blue Waters Club

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Excepting the hotel rooms which are not renovated and don't deserve more than 2 stars, the resort is really beautiful. The club swimming pool is great, the service was quite good and the food excellent! The beverages not so good, but it is the same almost everywhere at the turkish all inclusive!
Animation could be better...
Anyway it is a lovely place to go and we are really experienced in turkish riviera!

Room Tip: book the club rooms, the hotel ones are not renovated!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Simona-Laura
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We have never gone for the all inclusive holiday before as we like to get out and about and meet the local people. So our first few days were a culture shock, it felt like we were in a luxury prison with no escape. Dinner time was horrendous if you ate between 7.30pm to 9.00pm, everyone was pushing in and all in such a hurry to get their food first, at times people seemed very rude and arrogant.

However, after we got used to this style of hotel, we found the facilities wonderful with a choice for all, great pools for those who wanted some peace and quiet and pools for children with great water slides. The evening shows were quite good and of a better quality, the service was excellent, the rooms were comfortable and most importantly the hotel was the cleanest I have stayed in.

Dinner time became a pleasure as we ate as soon as the restaurant opened, the choice of food was amazing. We would go back to stay at this hotel, although the only draw back was we were the only English guests and so we could not interact with the other guests and my daughter was unable to use the kids club.

3  Thank LindaandLee001
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Wow this hotel is excellent. The only downside I could find during my week stay was too many Germans. We found beating them at the towel game in the mornings and having fun they stayed away from us. The staff love the British and I felt they want more of us over there.
The shows real fun and it kept the kids entertained as did the pools and slides. I can't recomend this hotel enough. Very clean, excellent food all round brilliant.

3  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I (23) stayed with my family (both parents and two younger brothers, 19 & 16) for 7 nights in August 2011. It was our first family holiday abroad and as such we weren't quite sure what to expect. I can report that we were all very impressed and would be happy to go there again.

We arrived at 05:00 in the morning due to flight delays (luckily I am not reviewing them!) but as it is a 24hr reception this was not a problem. Both the attendant on reception and the man who helped us with (/demanded to take) our luggage spoke enough English to be able to get by. We were shown to our rooms and after being pestered for a tip for delivering the luggage he gave us no choice but to take were left to get a bit of sleep.

I stayed in a twin room with my two brothers where my youngest brother had to have the camp bed. This proved too squeaky for me and I made him put the mattress on the floor and left the camp bed standing in the corner for the duration of the holiday. The single beds were comfortable enough and I think any problems I had sleeping were due to the heat and the noise of the air conditioning. The club rooms that we had were a bit like a Travelodge room in England: a couple of beds, a TV on the wall and an en suite. The en suite was a fair size and always clean and had a walk-in shower (some might say it is closer to a wet room). Seeing as you will probably only be in your rooms to sleep and wash then this was more than satisfactory. I found that the air conditioning always made it seem cool when you first come in from the heat outside but by the time I came to sleep I couldn't notice its effects and felt warm and sweaty. I also thought that the a/c in my parents’ room was more effective.

The resort itself was very good. Myself and my brothers very much enjoyed the pools and water slides (the big kids that we are). There are many activities put on throughout the day for both children and adults. I enjoyed the water polo twice a day run by a member of the activities team (all of whom spoke acceptable English) but there was also other pool games, beach volleyball, tennis, football, mini golf, beach games, darts, table tennis, and lots of other stuff too if that is your thing. I can't comment on any of the kids programs but for the adults or older teens there is plenty to do.

My mum enjoyed spending plenty of time by the beach. There is ample amount of sun loungers available on the private beach and you can arrive at any time of the day and find 5 next to each other. Some staff will come down the beach every now and again and try to get you involved in activities and or have a Turkish shave or massage. They tend to speak good English and you can have some good banter with them (due to the time we went they all wanted to talk about the riots!) but will quickly move on if you make it clear you are not interested. There are two bars by the beach (one on a pier out to sea). As it is all inclusive you will have a wristband that says you are either adult or child and you can therefore get appropriate drinks served to you. I never had to wait more than a minute for service at any of the bars. The bar attendants all speak good enough English to serve you what you want and understand all variants of coke, cola, pepsi, fanta, sprite, lemonade etc. The sand on the beach is a little bit grainy and is extremely hot. I would definitely advise taking flipflops or sandals down to the beach, you won't make it to the sea or back without them without looking like a right plonker! The sea water was very clean, but very salty (it will sting your throat if you are unfortunate enough to swallow any). The shallow part of the sea is very stoney and pebbly, but once you go in a few meters it is soft sand. My brother is a lifeguard at home and was a little concerned by the lack of lifeguards at the beach. There seems to only be one or two there at any time and tended to be at the bar and not really watching.

I found the food to be excellent. There is a choice of two restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are all self service buffet style and although there are previous complaints on here of 'Germans' not queuing for meals I can't really see where they are coming from. There are various stations of food and people just walk around getting what they want. Queuing just wouldn't work! There is plenty of space to just move around freely and when you see something you want have some :-). The choice of food was very good. I would call myself a fussy eater but I found something I liked every day, and most days I was torn over what to have or even had two meals! The only small issue I would mention is that both lunch and dinner are cooked meals and whilst there is bread available there is no cold meat to make yourself sandwiches for some meals. Sometimes you don't want to have a cooked meal for every meal but you don't have any choice. There are three a la carte restaurants also but we didn't visit any as despite advice on here that you should try and book these early we didn't and alas by the time we enquired they were all booked. On the Monday night they had a Turkish theme night and the restaurants closed and Turkish food was cooked near the beach bar. This food was very good, and I enjoyed it as it was different to the routine of going to the restaurants, but I would advise you to get there as early as you can if you want a table.

The resort is always very clean and there are cleaners around everywhere keeping it that way.

All the staff seemed to know enough English to do their job to a good standard. All the waiters are very friendly and polite and try to engage in conversation and banter.

Some people were disappointed by the alcohol. Whilst I didn't drink much alcohol there as it was more of a family holiday I must say I was surprised that the local beer included in the all inclusive was Tuborg. It is a beer that is available on the tap in many bars I have been to in England and compared to what I was expecting I thought was rather good. I did try one of their cocktails but I found it revolting. I am not a cocktail drinker though so I cannot say that this was due to a poor drink.

As mentioned many times on previous reviews there are a lot of Germans and Russians staying at the resort. I think a fair majority of them spoke English and it seems that English was used as a means of communicating between different nationalities. We never had a problem with any of the Germans or Russians and regularly played water polo and did other activities with them. It feels a little lonely be one of the few speaking English and you feel a little isolated to your family or group but there are other British families about (more than ever before I believe) and at the end of the day you are going to a foreign country and it is extremely arrogant to complain that they don't speak enough English. We never had a problem with trying to get anyone to understand us!

I mentioned above I think the a/c is different for every room you get so you just have to cross your fingers you get a good one.

It is very much a family resort with mostly families and young children there and I felt a little out of place being a younger adult as there were not many people my age. Having said that the daily activities are plentiful as I mentioned and I think a group of younger adults or older teens would have a great time at the resort, there just wouldn't be many other people your age.

Some people have complained the floor is slippery near the pool areas. Sometimes water comes out of the pool onto the floor and this makes the floor slippery! I don't there is much that can be done except use common sense as with all swimming pools and encourage children not to run.

Not sure I would call it the 5 stars it claims or the 4 stars that Thompson rates it but it is a very good 3 star and well above average (which is why I put 4 stars instead of 3 on here, as apparently 3 is average). Great for family holidays and with everything done for you can have a very relaxing time (until you flight home is inevitably delayed!)

Room Tip: I only stayed in the twin club room but it was good for two people but wouldn't recommend for th...
4  Thank glamic26
Reviewed 12 August 2011

A large Resort, a little out of Side and Manavgat. Very well atained and clean. Many attractions for kids and adults. Large Pool area and impressing water slides (according fo my kids).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank TanteElfriede
Reviewed 8 August 2011

what a great place, the rooms were very clean the bed linen changed daily the staff could not do enough for you, the waiters in the the hotel restaurant were fantastic one of the best waiters was called Guerkan as soon as we walked in he brought our wine to the table a bottle of red for my husband and myself, a bottle of rose for my daughter and son in law, and as my granddaughter changed between pepsi and sprite he used to bring her a glass of each, we noticed other guests were getting there own but he saw to it that we never had to,also try the turkish restaurant it was the best lamb i have ever tasted. the pools are spotlessly clean and the slides good fun.some of the evening entertainment is very good we stayed in the hotel and paid extra for a sea view it was well worth it, the club side seemed more crowded. we also had a fantastic rep from first choice called Faye what an assett to the company she is, the most pleasant rep i have come across, nothing was to much trouble for her.all in all we had a great holiday would we go back, OH YES.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 436 had a nice view of the pool and the sea
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family