“my favorite hotel”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Tekirova
Moscow, Russia
“my favorite hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My best personnel ''Guest Relations Mehmet Ali'' i will never forget your hospitality... The Hotel Martı Myra,is a fantastic complex which caters for everyone &all ages,we had a ground floor room with walk in shower,ideal for disabled people, close to all the amneities,,,the staff were very helpfull,& jolly,,,the resturant was amazing,with food of all types,hot & cold ,waiters couldnt do enough to help make you feel comfortable & enjoy your meal anytime,,,the was amazing plenty of different slides,flumes,all shaded,well known drinks & food,on site as with the beach,always ice cold drinks available,,,the entertainment was proffesonial,colourfull & the disco outside ,well fabulouse,,,i am looking forward to going back again,as do my friends,so i will be recomending the Martı Myra to everyone i know,,,,thank you & your staff for making our holiday perfect .

Room Tip: Get help for a nice room in ''guest relations mehmet ali''
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank evginya n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Generally a very nice hotel. Especially the location is fantastic. There are many palm and pine trees even very close to the beach.
What I really liked about the resort is, that it does not consist of one big hotel. It is diveded into more than 20 blocks (houses) where are the rooms. And it nicely fits in the grove.
The food was tasty and there was a wide choise all the time. We also appriciated the a'lacarte dinners in few restaurants that are included.
All the staff was very capable, except one barman, that was a bit unfriendly.
Special thanks to the Animation team. They are doing a great job!!!

There are also few small problems that I found:
The internet connection in the lobby was very poor. Sometimes it did not work at all or it was very slow. I would expect a good wifi connection at least in one of your communal areas.
The three songs, that were playing in the lobby and in the dining hall becomes quite annoying after three days spent in your hotel.
Some plates and glasses in the dining hall were not very clean. It was disturbing when I had to look for a clean glass. If you want to provide a five star service, this is a basis.

In conclusion, we really enjoyed the stay in Marti Myra. Great hotel especially for families and people that like a bit more quiet places.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in blocks, that are closer to the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joseph_CZ007
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was just our paradise holidays. Beautiful surraundings, staff service and ... weather:) What can you wish for more? Of course you can find some little things here and there but common are you all so ideal at home??? So just stop be old grumblers and simply enjoy the life there! Well done guys!

2 Thank Agata C
Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have stayed in Marti Myra for 11 days in September-October 2013. Paid for a “superior deluxe” room but were given “superior deluxe family” (with separate kid’s bedroom on the second floor) in building #2, close to pool area. Can’t complain. The rooms were recently renovated and all equipment (including a kettle!) works fine. You are literally living in a forest of pine trees; the air is fresh and cool.

Beach is clean, sandy with rough pebbles near the water. There are sandbags so you can walk on them in the sea. Beach isn't very large but there are enough sun lounges. Best ones would have towels on them placed in the early morning and usually towel owners would appear after 11 a.m. Don’t let this annoyance spoil your holiday!

Pool was cold (and so empty) so we had used it only once. Sea was beautiful! Didn't bother with shows either.

Sleep quality – great (the mattresses are quite firm but that’s good). Be aware that some of the hotel buildings are very close to noisy industrial air-conditioning units. We had no such problem but I imagine staying in one of those! Closing the balcony door however makes the room soundproof at the cost of fresh air.

Food was OK, plenty of vegetables, cheese and meat. My major complain was plates and utensils – sometimes you had to rummage through dirty plates to find a clean one! Black Turkish tea was only served at breakfast (why?) Sometimes a waiter would relay the table for you and offer drinks; other time (another) waiter wouldn't even bother answering your calls. Again, don’t expect much from them.

Internet access is a (bad) joke. There’s free Wi-Fi in and around the lobby area, but it requires manual authentication every time you open your browser, is very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all. Took me 30 minutes to check my e-mail. Just order a Turkish coffee from the bar and relax.

We had a good holiday in Marti Myra. Just don’t expect top service, relax and enjoy the sea!

Room Tip: Stay away from industrial air conditioning units at the back!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vyacheslav
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Pros
- Lovely place surrounded by mountains
- Buildings under pine trees
- Not a huge complex (at least for us)
- Lovely hobby centre focused on painting
- Playground/centre for kids

Cons
- Service (restaurant mainly) very poor and not giving you a feeling "you are my guest here", sometimes even being rude
- Access to sea via stones, not nice for small kids
- Limited sport animatiom activities
- Food was the same day by day
- Russians...

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Koutak
Leighton Buzzard, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

VERY DISAPPOINTING HOLIDAY

where do I start?
• Unlimited local drinks
1. no substitute for Malibu (the only drink my son in law enjoys) even though my son in law on previous holidays to Turkey has had this on offer at other resorts
2. White rum (the only drink that my wife enjoys) ran out in the hotel at least 4 days out of our 14
after many discussions with our rep we did manage to get the bar manager to allow us to have Bacardi and Malibu until the hotel restocked their local drinks, this came with its own issues, there was no communication between staff and management this caused many issues each time we went to a different bar or staff changed shift as no one knew of the situation, this caused a lot of anxiety for me and I did not relax for at least a week (not a great start to a so called relaxing holiday!)
• Rude Staff (with a few exceptions)
1. Bar staff spent more time looking at themselves in the mirror than being alert to their surroundings and offering 4T+ customer service, when you did manage to get their attention it was as if you were not there, no please's no thank you's, just plain rudeness.
2. Restaurant staff, again acted as if they did not want to be there, we had to wait on many occasions for a table to be re-laid so that we could have our meals, in the end we used to do it ourselves.

• Food service
1. Breakfast was on from 7am with no notice saying that it was a limited offer, you could not get an omelette before 8:30 with no reason why not.
2. Plates were generally dirty with old food stains, mugs were generally chipped, cracked or badly stained.
3. Milk was very rarely put out next to the coffee/tea machine, you had to walk 30 meters to the other end of the restaurant to where the cereals were with a hot drink dodging all the other guests.
4. We went to dinner most nights at 8pm due to feeding our grandchild, most of the time we had to wait for tables to be re- laid, it always seemed too much bother for the staff, the tables were re-laid with thin table cloths and the wooden tables were not ever wiped down and were on many occasions covered in food debris from earlier usage.
5. On one occasion my wife went to the jacket potato bar, she was 6th in the queue, only 5 potatoes were put out, my wife then asked if there would be any more and was told yes in 10 minutes, we waited almost 30 and when we asked again if there were any potatoes we were now told 'no potatoes, run out' I was not happy with this and asked why did you tell us 30 minutes ago that some were coming out in 10 minutes and now you say that there aren't any, (another British couple then told us that there were at least 15 potatoes in the oven, they had not run out!) I then told one of the chefs that there were some in the oven and that I wanted one for my wife, he then took the potatoes out of the oven and started to serve them again to guests, I then saw one of the animation team and asked him to ask the chef why we were being treated this way and lied to, while this was happening a Russian guest pushed my wife out of the way from the front of the queue and started helping himself to the potatoes with no intervention from the staff, my wife was now so distraught over the ordeal that she burst out into tears.
This was totally unacceptable. On looking into this further it looked like the potatoes were being saved for the Animation Team (Staff before Guests?...)
6. One of the ala carte restaurants (the Turkish one) was closed and not available for our second week (we heard it was being re-furbished!?) not good during the holiday season, even though the hotel was much quieter on our second week why should we have limited availability and have to sacrifice!

• Accommodation
1. The beds were extremely hard, although we did get a summer quilt put on top to soften it slightly, there were no sheets to sleep under but a ribbed blanket which was most uncomfortable, this is the first and only time that we have not had two sheets to sleep between on any previous holiday.
2. There were no ironing facilities available in the rooms or even on site, we were told that the only way to get something ironed was to send it off site with their laundry contract, I have never come across something as ridiculous as this in any of my previous holidays!
3. Our patio door was left unlocked by the maid on at least 4-6 occasions even though I complained many times through customer relations and I even saw the maid face to face and explained this in our first week, this upset us as our room was on the ground floor.

• Animation Team
1. We all found the animation team used to overstay their welcome on many occasions when they came over to see our grandchildren, we just felt that we could not relax, they would scrounge cigarettes off my wife and even smoke around us (not very professional!)
2. On the first week there was at least two 'Club dances' daily for all to join in on (our 3 year old Granddaughter Loved this) on our last two days the animation team didn't even bother!! weren't we good enough guests?

IN CONCLUSION This holiday was by far the worst holiday I and my family have ever had, I was not able to de-stress for at least the first six days of the holiday trying to sort everything out, I was very nearly at the stage of demanding a move to another hotel for our second week the only reason why I managed to relax to a degree at all over the last few days was because I just could not be bothered moaning anymore!
As for the rude Russians......I won't even go there.....!

5 Thank Eddie E
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Spent a beautiful 10 days in Marti Myra resort. Spacious room, helping staff, clean and warm sea, clean pools, animation, good and various food.
Hotel is in pine forest, very pleasant for walk, especially if you are with little children.
Recommend to all!

4 Thank Nikola N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tekirova
Amara Dolce Vita Luxury
#25 of 283 in Kemer
Club Hotel Phaselis Rose
Club Hotel Phaselis Rose
#4 of 21 in Tekirova

Been to MARTI Myra? Share your experiences!