“So so”
Review of West Ada Inn Hotel

West Ada Inn Hotel
Ranked #121 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 25 July 2013

West Ada Inn hotel is peaceful, quiet and located close to the beach. It has a nice swimming pool and there's a billiard table in the lobby. During our stay the breakfast was the same every day and not too rich, but in general it was okay. Our room had a lovely sea view and a spacious balcony, but the room itself looked a little bit old and not too cosy. What surprised me is that there was no room cleaning service in this hotel. During four days of our stay nobody bothered to change the towels or at least supply a new roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. So we had to ask for toilet paper in the reception, which was quite funny. Also, the woman at the reception never smiled and looked extremely unfriendly. By the way, usually there was no one at the reception desk so we always had to look for somebody to give the key to.
However, I should say that this budget hotel has a good price and value relationship and is a right place for low-cost holidays.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Not at all impressed.
Arrived 15th June for just 5 nights, and travelling alone. The room for the price was acceptable apart from the odd cockroach. TV remote was cellotaped up, and not really holding the batteries, so that became a knack, until the knack gave up. The bar was never open to my knowledge. It seemed possible to buy something from a chiller cabinet in the hotel lobby, but I seldom saw any staff, and when I did I was told they didn't have a key. Hardly ever saw another guest, and when I did they looked as confused as me.
I asked for some food-maybe a snack?-at 7.15pm one evening, and was offered bread and jam. Eventually I was given an egg, cheese, salami and bread to take to my room. I was quite poorly at the time, and to give them their due, they did offer me an alternative of rice.
On checking out, I asked if they could phone for a taxi, and was told it was better I do it myself.
Stupidly and regretably, at no point, did I complain as I was alone and had suddenly become unwell.
I am very well travelled, and this experience was the worst.
Ladies Beach is wonderful with many good, quality, inexpensive bars and restaurants. Palm Beach, Kalamarnas, Mona Lisa, Rosy's, Kiwi, just to mention a few. Consistantly good food and service, everywhere.
Also, although the hotel is only 5-10min walk to Ladies Beach, it is quite a steep road even walking down, and coming back up is a BIG problem unless you are fit or have a taxi fare.
Sorry, but I'm calling it as I saw it.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank anniecesme
Reviewed 20 June 2013

1- Once you have decided about your budget for accommodation in Kusadasi, and selected West Ada Inn hotel, this is the very exciting moment that with my 100 percent assurance, you are not going to find out any other hotel with the same or even near conditions of this hotel. Large spacious rooms with lovely sea view, and at the same time, away from all of the crowd and noise. Simple, bright clean rooms with a great balcony which I guess no one will regret staying in. Small TV, but, frankly speaking, it is a waste of time if you spend your time in Kusadasi, watching TV. Wireless internet connection is free and available 24/7 in the lobby and many of the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms. Very big, clean and deep swimming pool, and a nice pool table in the lobby. I can say the bathrooms could be cleaner, but, I have stayed in hotels with similar conditions with 3 times of amount I have paid for this very nice and friendly hotel. Perfect air-conditioner.
2- Although Kusadasi is not a big city and going from one end to another is not a big deal, you have a walking distance from hotel to Ladies Beach. Besides, 2 minibus lines are passing every 2 or 3 minutes exactly in front of the hotel, and a free shuttle to a fine shopping Mal, KIPA.
3- I have nnnnnnnever seen a hotel manager being so nice and friendly to guests. After a short while you stay there, you feel as you have just walked in to a relatives's home at the seaside instead of a hotel. He even volunteers to solve your personal problems. Just ask a simple question, and you will receive much much more than you expect. I remember a few days after I checked in, he offered me to go to the shopping Mal, and despite the heavy rain, he borrowed me his own umbrella, and guided me to the shuttle station, kept me under the umbrella without letting me sharing it! As I had a long stay in this hotel, there are lot more issues from flight bookings, to helping extend my stay in Turkey. You will find a very good friend there.
4- I have read some previous reviews complaining of the breakfast. I just would like to note that the price of a night stay in this hotel with the above specifications is somehow equal to just a breakfast you can have at the restaurants in the ladies beach area. Just respect the amount you are paying. Indeed, you are having a quite normal and simple breakfast.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are perfect. If looking for in-room internet access, 2nd and 3rd floor rooms are recom...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank hashem h
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have planed to stay in this hotel for 15 days only, however after staying for 10 days I could not have the desire to leave anymore, as this was the most comfortable quite and peaceful clean hotel I have ever been in.

I have been traveling all my life and staying in hotels, but I found this hotel extra ordinary for me by all means, so I ended up staying for two and a half months at least and I just checked out two days ago..
I can say the rooms are extra large and the bed are extra big and comfortable.
the balcony is extra ordinary big and has a spectacular view of the mountains and roads and yet the sea, every night I had the best night with my cup of coffee watching the sun set and spectacular mountain and sea view it is just astonishing and a very special view that very few hotels usually have.
I truly felt at home in this hotel yet I had the privilege of having a nice and comfortable super exciting vacation.
the town and beaches in kusadasi are super nice and very beautiful, however for my surprising I always chose to be on my balcony as it beats any other place I had been to, with it is super special view.
and what really make this hotel special is the owners or managers they are all super nice, I have stayed for over two month, and however not one single time they did not serve any need I had with a big smile and a prompt service from the bottom of there heart , and I am not easy to please usually however I was always pleased during my stay in this hotel.
the location of this hotel in my opinion is super, away from direct noises and relaxing and yet within very short distance from the action, so you could be pleased no matter what mood you are in at any moment.
I must say that the owners and managers were so nice that they even helped me with things and problems that was not related to my stay in the hotel, so really, they are the best and most honest people I have ever met in my life.
Breakfast in my opinion was great, and efficient and clean and accommodating for most tastes, as I stayed for over tow months you could imagine I might have gotten board with it, but obviously I did not.

Finally and most important is that all of the above qualities are priced so well and to the benefit of the guest not owners, and it provides the best value for your money among all hotels in kusadasi and maybe all turkey,

I am certainly coming back again and telling all my friends and family about my experience and my lovely stay in this hotel, that has more qualities that this money you spend could buy anywhere else.

Definitely recommended with all confidence...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Maher S
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Upon our arrival, the "hotel" seemed deserted, there was literally no one there. When we checked in, the receptionist was so rude to us and spoke to my mother and myself like we were children. The hotel had a really bad smell, almost like old meat boiling or something! We were shocked when we entered the room, it was so filthy and disgusting! The curtains were torn, the smallest tv in the world was found there, the balcony door didn't lock.. The beds looked like little matchboxes, with the tiniest, thinnest comforter ever, and only one very thin pillow. The bathroom was a bloody nightmare! A shower with a shower curtain, filthy filthy drains and floors, the loo was disgustingly dirty! The lime scale build up was so bad. There were hair everywhere on the floor. When my mum opened the cupboard, she found a black plastic bag, filled with old beer cans and cigarette butts! When we closed the door of the room, pieces of cement fell out from the wall. The hotel looks like an old hostel from the outside, something that you find in a scary movie... It was really far away from everything. Located in what seemed to be the dodgy area of the town... We decided that we will NOT stay there, so we found a different hotel, with the perfect location, called Hotel Illayda, overlooking the main road and the ocean in Kusadasi.
When we checked out of the hotel, we obviously told the receptionist that we were unhappy with the conditions and that we were leaving. Then the (very rude) owner/manager came out, started shouting at us and spitting at us! He told us he will find us and kill us, as he now has all of our details. He called us liars, (because we said the room was dirty, which was the truth, I have photographic evidence!) He followed us out of the hotel to the taxi and kept shouting at us and at one point it looked like he wanted to attack my mum. It truly was a scary and horrible experience.
We didn't book the hotel ourselves, as it was part of a package deal that a travel agent made up for us. If I had known, this wouldn't have happened. This place doesn't deserve to be called a hotel. It's a hell hole!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank princess_5312659
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here in March and April for 2 weeks.
Basic clean rooms with a lovely view.
Ideal for us, as we went out all day and only used hotel to sleep.
This hotel is priced well and good value for money considering the location it is in.
It is close to the beach, Ladies beach.
The local bus service stops outside hotel and brings you to the city for a small fee (1 euro).
However, it is the owners who make this stay special.
They are kind and provide an excellent service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank TrackerTravel123
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We only needed a room for one night in Kusadasi, and as we're on a budget, we went with the most inexpensive option we could find. The hotel was pretty empty when we go there, as it is a rather large hotel, it gave it a bit of a haunted feel. The room itself had a balcony with a nice view of the sea and the sunset. The room was very basic; just a bed, a tv, and a chest of drawers, but it was also very clean. The bathroom is older and darker, and unfortunately our drain in the shower didn't work so well; it filled up with tons of water quite quickly, which would be a problem for a longer stay with more people, but we were fine. The breakfast was very, very basic: olives, bread, cheese, and some cold eggs. The owner of the hotel, he is quite friendly. Overall it served our purposes, very basic but not bad. It is a five minute walk from the beach and dolmus came every few minutes to downtown and the bus station. A good budget choice.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple