“A significant improvement”

Omer Holiday Resort
Ranked #21 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed at the Omer for the second time this summer /first time in July 2009/ and for the first time I liked my second visit more. Before going there we had some doubts because we thought the place would be familiar but we decided to give it a go when we read that in 2010 it was renovated. Indeed the change was significant. The room was much better than the one we had in 2009, not to mention the food. That was the best part of it. The animation team were also great and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. What I liked a lot was the fact that the trees were still there and it was cool and pleasant in the shade by the pool.
There are only a few things that still need improvement, though. I suspect they were a little understaffed because the chambermaid came to clean our room right after lunch and this was the time when we preferred to have a siesta. Another thing - our daughter is 14 and as tall as me /164 cm/ and they gave her a bed for an 8-year-old. That, fortunately, was sorted out quite quickly.
Overall I would recommend it to families with younger children.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mir929
There are newer reviews for Omer Holiday Resort

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The only real fault I could pick would be with the Tour Operator for not highlighting the fact that this is predominently a French resort. Not a problem if just my wife & I were on holiday but my daughter who's 11 & likes to make friends on vacation doesn't speak French & found it a little difficult to communicate with the other children - so I'd say If your a couple or adult party The Omer's worth a visit however, if you've got children who aren't multi-linguel I wouldn't bother.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

WEHAD ONE OF THE BEST HOLIDYS EVER AT THE oMER hOIDAY vILLAGE .We will be back and would recomend it to anyone .staff were wonderful so helpful the only down side was the flight times there was no courtisy rooms

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank martimas01
Reviewed 21 July 2011

we stayed at omer end of june for 2 weeks,party of 5,one being my 5yr old nephew,on our second night my nephew slipped were someone had spilled a drink,and he went through the glass window,resulting in him spending the night in hospital and having stitches,the staff at the hotel were fantastic with him,but i carnt understand why its not safety glass.the food was ok but no good for a child,only one other couple there that was english,the animation staff were great,we went to the al cart resturant,my nephew got his meal as we got our starters so had 2 wait ages for us 2 finish,we asked for a desert for him when we got ours but they would not let him have one,the maid came at 6pm while we were trying 2 have a shower and get ready for evening meal,we have been to turkey 15 times and love the country but this experince at omer is one on its own

1  Thank carolerogers66
Reviewed 21 July 2011

i went to omar holiday resort for to weeks. to zynp 29 it was my son that went throw the glass door but he splited on the stairs going in to the lobby bar as someone spilt a drink and it wasnt cleaned up so he didnt run into the glass., the staff was great when this happening so i couldnt fault them on that but it really does need to be safety glass are there are a lot of children there. the food as ok but not the best. the animation team there are great and they are wonderfull with kids. i would go back again if they changed things eg the glass and the food

2  Thank kat4207
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed at the omer in July ther was 4 of us and we had booked 2 rooms. We arrived late to be told we were in a family unit which was 1 room... At 3.30am we were not going to argue... They did change our room the following morning after some "gentle" persuasion...anyway beware the room trick an earlier review in here helped me to be on my guard.. The resort itself was fab the food was good and was changed regular... However it was geared to our "European" neighbours as was the service... If u are British u have not got a chance u are ignored have to ask for everything and have to ask more than once as they "pretend" not to understand very frustrating!!!
If u want to just relax and not be bothered with socialising this is the place for you. If u want typical english breakfasts, company and the chance to socialise it's definitely not for u. The complex was clean the pool was also very clean, activities were good and the beach was great. The room we finally got was of a real high standard...the location was good and overall the holiday was a relaxing week and pleasant introduction to turkey.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank ScoobyLeicester
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I just turned from there one day ago . me and my husband have diarrhoea since the second day of our vacation in Ömer holiday . My 3 year old girl couldn't eat anything for one week because the food was awful. there is nothing to eat for kids .. only macaroni if you are lucky... every food has so much tomato sauce and oil .even I am Turkish ı couldn't eat the most of the foods, thank God gaved us melon .. the garden is good for kids , pool was awful not clean , ı have not swim in the pool there are 2 slides but ı didn't use, glasses are always dirty on bars...poor wireless etc.
They didin't gave me the right room I have asked for it but no returing back.. Our rooms lock has broken(charwoman did it) they didn't change the lock all day which I called the lobby 6 times . I had to sit in my room all day because of that no LOCK problem .. by the night he changed the stupid lock in 5 min.. Car park is a problem .. they are allways saying no place inside please park your car out side , by the side of the intercity road! but there are places to park in the hotel area.. By the night there are allways wedding partys on pool bar from the out side clients allways loud noise , couldn't sleep well..
the hotel has got really big problem .. " the mosquitos..."do not touch anywhere when you are using bathroom .. and also the main estorant has got glass all around ,2 kids has run throw the glass door, the glass has broken kids had injured ,dangerous for kids .. the waiters are rude except for Ms. Selma .. She allways works hard with a big smile .. thanks to her.. the room prices are so higt for the foreign tourists. ı heard two emploees about a Russian woman , she wanted to buy a turkish music cd (belly dancing or something like that) the otels animation kids (dj) has sell the cd for 50 euro.. this is rudeness..
Shortly , beautiful sea and trees , squirrel surprise on trees .. Go there if you want to swim in the beautiful sea but first buy an intestine antiboitics and put the suitcase before you go..

3  Thank zynp29