“very good holiday”

Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Kusadasi
London, United Kingdom
“very good holiday”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

There were 10 of us on holiday for 2 weeks and the entertainment team worked very hard to make our holiday great. Special thanks to Nilda, Elif and Ali G. These guys work really hard. Food was very sameme but there was always something to find to eat. Some of the accommodation needs updating but everyday there was clean towels and sheets. All in all lovely time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
omar09, Guest Relations Manager at Omer Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed there for two weeks end of July.

First impressions upon arrival: nice looking resort, rooms a bit worn but livable, staff don't speak English well.

Two days later, as we started to learn about resort a bit more, we found it better and better. Staff we got to see initially was late shift, and yes, their English wasn't great. However usual day shift staff spoke really good English and were very nice. I've lost all my vouchers on the way to Turkey, and they kindly let me use their PC to print replacements. Food was a bit repetitive, but you could always find something nice to eat. BBQ normally had the best meals, but there was a queue there. My recommendation would be if you are late for the opening of restaurant, wait another 30-45 mins before going in, by that time first wave of people is gone and voila, no pushing around trying to access food and no queues to BBQ. Eating by the sea was absolutely brilliant, a bit of a breeze to keep you cool with some nice views. Find area served by Ridvan, we found him the best waiter there, always attentive while working at a mad pace to keep tables clean. Please tip him if you can, he really deserves it.

Pool was a very good size with two slides that kept kids and some adults busy. If you got bored of the pool you could walk 3 metres to the sea. I highly recommend participating in activities organised by a very nice animation team such as Volleyball (1100 and 1600) by Elif, water polo (1500) by Diego, target shooting and darts by Ali G (quite a character in a nice way) and few others. Don't be afraid to join in, you get to know people that play as well within a day or two and this normally results in a lot of fun. Please note that most places by the pool will bee "booked" with towels on them, simply speak to the guys that issues towels and he'll find you a space. They have a rule of no reservation and if towel is unattended for 30 mins, they will simply remove for you.

Every evening, apart from Sunday, there was some sort of the show: Skitches, belly dancing, Turkish dancing and others, which were a lot of fun, mainly due to bubbly animators.

Do not buy inflatables at the local bazaar, just jump on 6 or 7 dolmus on the other side of the road and head to Kusadasi, takes 10-15 mins. Buy everything there and keep in mind that you van haggle any price down. Also keep in mind that closer you get to the sea, the more expensive things get, so try to buy stuff around the dolmus station.

I highly recommend turkish bath and massage. We all had a go, wife I Turkish bath and massage , kids (8 and 5 ) Turkish bath and chocolate massage and price was very good. Ignore listed price and haggle haggle haggle. 2 of us had turkish bath with scrub + half hour massage for £55. Just speak to Leo that runs the place. Special mention of Dali, lady masseur, that is really really nice.

Have a chat with Ali from Water Sports, really nice guy and he always hangs out around the pool.

By the end of two weeks, we didn't want to leave, that must say something. People like: Ridvan the waiter, Animation team (Ali G, Elif, Taifun, Kris, Diego and others), Ali the water sports guy, Dali the masseur, Gulchan the receptinist, Adam and Ufuk the photographers really make this place really nice to stay. Yes, it could do with a touch of paint and silicone, but otherwise it's a beautiful little village with immediate access to everything you might desire, sea, pool, water sports, spa, food etc.

Would I go there again? Yes definitely, but not until I visit other countries I still haven't visited.

Oh, and another thing, temperatures in Kusadasi are just brilliant, during our stay it was normally around 28-29 degrees Celsius. Few days a bit higher, but otherwise very, very comfortable.

Also, Kusadasi is a very good place to be if you want to visit Adaland (biggest waterpark in Europe), Ephesus and Pamukkale. Drive to Pamukkale is abot 2.5h, but I was told this is one of the shortest journeys from the seaside resorts. Ephesus is only about 20-25km away.

5 Thank Oleg M
omar09, Guest Relations Manager at Omer Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great and normal review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Sincerely
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice place wasn't quite all inclusive with the drinks package,cleaners didn't come in until later afternoon,apart from that staff were very friendly,animation team were brilliant titi,Ali,jimmy,diago,Beebee!all lovely x

• Stayed April 2014
S0leil1, Guest Relations Manager at Omer Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2015

Sincerely Yours,
Guest Relations Manager
Ömer Holiday Resort
Stevengae
Reviewed 3 August 2014

A fantastic holiday, just returned. with a family of 10 we went hoping for a great time and we were not disappointed. The food is ok, enough choice and Ridvan the waiter is fantastic at his job. The hotel is clean and the rooms are of good quality. The resort did look tired and in need of updating, my parents changed room due to this but then got an amazing room so i think it is only tired in parts. The animation team made our holiday, Tyfoon and Chris ran a great team, Diego, Ali G and DJ Hussan were great and friendly. Nilda and Elif were amazing, they became part of our family and we grew to look forward to seeing them around the pool, playing volley ball and doing morning Gym. We knew we had a great time when my daughter and some of us had a tear as we had really bonded with the amazing team who care so much about making your holiday fun. My advice, join in, get to know the people and you will have an fantastic holiday at Omer, they will make sure of it for you.

Room Tip: the main new building have the best rooms, we had 308 and 309 which were good for families and of an...
1 Thank charlotteo735
Sunay B, Guest Relations Manager at Omer Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2014

Herts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have just returned from a two week holiday, we are a group of 10. We had a fantastic time. The food is ok, enough choice and the children found something every night. the pool and slides are good and kept the kids busy. The hotel has some great rooms and some of poor quality. My parents got a poor room when we arrived and the next morning the reception couldn't be more helpful, moving them to a luxury room they felt really pleased with. The holiday was great because of the people who worked there. They could not have been more keen for us to have a GREAT time, the watersports run by Ali were good fun, Mike the towel man smelt gorgeous and gave his aftershave to my husband when we left. The barmen and reception staff always had a smile and chat. The main people for me though were the animation team, Chris and Tyfoon ran a great team, the children and adults felt such a connection with them from the beginning, Ali G is amazing at what he does, so warm and friendly, Diego a genuine guy who danced with me most nights, DJ Hussan found out my favourite song and always played it, but i have to say Nilda and Elif became my great friends. The two girls were beautiful people who were warm, kept us chatting and if i could have brought them home i would have. i left them my dresses as i cared so much, all because they worked sooo hard at becoming part of our family for two weeks. what a holiday to remember. Miss it all. thank you.

1 Thank A7AWO

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at Omer Holiday Resort for 8 days in July, 2014. This being my first trip to Turkey and my first All-Inclusive experience, I didn't had high hopes.
But I have to admit my negative thoughts were wrong. I had thé best holiday ever. The room was perfect, the shower was great and the food was perfect.

But all that is as expected, right? No one accepts a vacation with a bad room, cold shower water or bad food. No, that is what we expect. What I didn't expect were the people, the warm, welcoming Turkish people. The waiters, the receptionists, the pool boy, all friendly and kind beyond words.

And then there was the animation team, which I heard up front were supposed to be pretty good. But these guys were amazing. So friendly, so energetic and so sweet. To any age, young kids to grown ups, they get everyone to smile. A girl even got me to play beach volleybal. Which normally wouldn't even cross my mind, I'm the sit down and relax holiday person.

If you decide to visit, visit the animation team theatre and watch their shows. I won't tell you if it's good or not. Decide for yourself and I will read your experiences later.

If it would be up to me (and not a huge family who all have a vote as well ;-)) I would say: see you again in summer 2015, Omer Holiday Resort!

UK
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay here, stayed in a small room near the back of the resort and initially asked to change, the reception staff were really helpful and offered us a chance of a superior room upgrade in a couple of days, after first day we decided we were to chilled to change and the room was fine. The resort is in a great location right on the beach with fantastic views from pool area and restaurant, My 9 year old daughter spent most of her time in the pool on the slides and made a lot of friends, Food was good with a decent choice both day and night, with snacks offered from 12 until 5pm, burgers, chips and freshly cooked pizzas. Drinks were also good, even the wine at dinner was okay, got to try a Mint Bang cocktail ! Evening entertainment was fairly low key, shows were good and funny, they do get you up on stage ! Animation team work really hard throughout the day and night and really do make an effort to try and get to know everyone, special mention must go to Ali G, Diego, Emre and to 2 girls who danced with my wife and daughter and kept them entertained Elif and Nilda.

All in all a great holiday

2 Thank UKSteveo
S0leil1, Guest Relations Manager at Omer Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2015

SincerelyYours,