“excellent value, good location”
Review of Palm Hotel

Palm Hotel
Ranked #56 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed there in March with no problems. The food was very good for the money and everywhere was clean. Our room was cleaned every day and all the staff were very friendly.
The location is very central for the main front and, a short walk to the shops. It was quiet in the evenings but the season hadn't really got going. We didn't try any of the facilities offered and the pool had no water so can't comment on that.
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are on a tight budget and don't want far to walk to the centre.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim_loz
There are newer reviews for Palm Hotel

Reviewed 28 March 2013

we stayed there for 5 night,,, we went in march 21 it was windi and cold,,, we stayed most of our time in te hotel ,,,it was near the city center ,,,,and all the bars and restaurants,,, 2 minutes to beach,,, we were on the first floor room number 102 . it had a vew of the sea but not a complete view. great and clean and enough big W.C good room ,,,bright. no LCD. good A/C. refrigerator with mini bar,a view of pool .but not a very good breakfast including salami,sauseges, bread ,butter, different olives but not great quality, fresh bread,not qualified juice,different jams but not very qualified,

Room Tip: choose a room number 102 ...the rooms at the end of isle.it has view but not the complete sea
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank z_ashegh
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I used the Palm Hotel hotel while I was on tour in Turkey. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is a 1 minute walk to the beach. There are excellent little supermakets, shops and side-walk cafes close to the hotel. Its also has an excellent breakfast and dinner buffet option. It offers a great starting point for day trips to Ephesus and surrounding areas.

The only issue that I experienced during my stay was that the wifi did not function properly during part of my stay but it was rectified by the time of my departure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank averlont
Reviewed 16 November 2012

It pains me to give the Palm Hotel less than a five rating, but I must take off points for two things. First though, the Palm Hotel is in a great location. One half block from the waterfront and around the corner from the main drag in Kusadasi, it’s very convenient to shops and restaurants. If you’re not feeling well and need medical attention, walk out the hotel, turn left, and walk 50 feet to the emergency room – how convenient is that?

I did not choose this hotel; rather, it was chosen for me as part of an organized tour that I took to Ephesus. The hotel is older, but is very well kept. The staff was lovely, and the room I was assigned (#402) was nice and clean. It was a large room with a small balcony that faced the waterfront. It was from that balcony that I was able to see the sun set and the ships come into port – wonderful! I had trouble operating the air conditioner, but one phone call brought a maintenance person who immediately fixed things.

I had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel, and it was okay. Dinner was buffet style with a variety of items, and breakfast was the usual yogurt, vegetables, fruit, etc.

While I enjoyed my stay there, two things cost it a perfect rating. One was the fact that when I opened the door, my room smelled as though it hadn’t been aired out in awhile. I opened up the balcony doors and turned on the air conditioning, and eventually the musty smell and stuffiness did go away. The second thing was that the edge of the shower could have used some new grouting, as what is there now looked to be well past its shelf life.

Those were the only things I found fault with. For a brief stay...yes, I believe I could recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank MsCleo2313
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed two nights at the Palm Hotel. The room needed an update but was clean. The AC was effective in the August heat. Another traveler posted that all of the rooms had a sea view. This is not true as ours had a view of a parking lot.

The service was good, and the staff at the front desk spoke English. The food was OK, and the quality of the fruit was below average. I did enjoy the crepes for breakfast, and they made some tasty Turkish doughnuts (lokma) for dinner one night.

My one gripe: I know that currency exchange rates are usually worse in the hotel, but I was shocked that the rate was 1.40 Turkish Lira for one USD, when the rate is around 1.70 on the streets.

Room Tip: Don't exchange money here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denaliboy
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I really would like to thank a lady at the reception who helped me to reach my taxi company when I had an incident (my driver got late for 30 minutes), generally, the staff was very helpful and kind but, I am sorry to say, this along with cleanliness of rooms were the only benefit. The food was awful, even no fresh water for breakfast, the beach near the hotel wasnt really a beach but a small part of the harbor (pretty filthy BTW), smoking is allowed everywhere in the hotel. And last but not least thing which was in fact annoying is that their bar where breakfast is served was near the pool, so in the morning people who have breakfast are watching you sunbathing. Not really pleasant actually.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank tuuuuuuulllliii
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

The staff did everything to make us feel welcome. Very nice hotel in the centrum of Kussadasi with the Aegen in our front door. One of the best in 15 days in Turkey. They deserve a good review.

• Stayed: April 2012