“Basic & Great”
Review of Hotel Villa Fortin

Hotel Villa Fortin
Ranked #10 of 96 Kusadasi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I had read the reviews as I always do before booking. As we all know less people write a positive review than a bad one. So I always take a cross section and decide if it is a reasonable place to go. We were met at the gate helped in and given a choice of room.
The Villa Fortin has mainly good reviews and a couple of bad ones. I would disregard the bad ones. The hotel is basic with small bedrooms and not a lot of storage space. There is a wardrobe but no drawers so leave the smalls in your case. The rooms are cleaned daily with a linen change twice a week. They are clean and with basic decor as you would expect in most hotels in Turkey. The pool area is large enough to accommodate all guests with a pool service if required. Snack meals are available all day and late into the night.
The hotel is a family run business with Mr Fortin the father his wife and three sons. They are all so friendly and I have not laughed so much on holiday for years. If they can do it they will they are the most helpful hoteliers I have met. This was also the attitude of most of the guests who have been going for years they were all so friendly we had a great time.
The breakfast is also basic Turkish. Bread cheese meat tomatoes etc, with boiled eggs every other day.
You are not too far from the center about a 8 to 10 minute stroll with a mass of restaurants and eateries and bars. The town center is a mass of shops of all descriptions with a market twice a week. Friday is mainly the fruit and veg market with the main one Wednesday.
I love Kusadasi and have visited many timed Make sure you find the New Salt Box best Fish @ Chips in the world.
The Fortin, if you don't like small, clean, warm & friendly, in a good position and near the bus routes and center. I would advise don't go I will next year along with the many guests who have been going for many years. The bad reviews they prefer family types who do not keep other guests awake until 4 or 5 in the morning and leave the rooms and sheets fairly clean. Not like the ones I saw in the photos. Messrs Fortin I give you top marks well done.

Room Tip: You can ask for Air Con there are no lifts so consider which floor you require. The views are not br...
5  Thank Stevpat

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We arrived in the early hours of the 25 Sep and it was a bit awkward having to manoeuvre ourselves around the guests sitting on the terrace to get to the reception desk!! We were given a room with a dbl and a single bed which wasn't ideal and for me, not the best start to the holiday. However, in the morning we mentioned it to one of the brothers and he swapped us to room 10 with 2 singles which made all the difference - even if it was noisier than room 18! Altho nicely decorated, the rooms are pretty small so really only for sleeping in and showering to be honest. No TV or fridge in the room and b/fast was just about adequate – this is proper 1 star accommodation but I’m not complaining! Lovely pool and enough sunbeds usually for everyone. Staff all really pleasant and they do what they can to help you out. The hotel is perfectly located if you want to mingle with the locals going about their daily lives - which we did! It's only up the road for the Wed and Fri market and a short walk to the main taxi and bus stand where you can get to almost anywhere you want to go. Ladys beach is really nice and only about 15mins in the dolmus and there are loads of places to eat very nearby. We went to Ephesus and Pamukalle – both excellent trips and well worth the money. For a no frills holiday this definitely ticked all the boxes and would certainly recommend it!!

Room Tip: We were given room 18 at first which was a bit noisy but room 10 was much worse as it's just abo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Omaret
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed for one week in August travelling as a couple. We booked this hotel knowing we would only be there to sleep and to use the bar on the night. The hotel is ideally located about 10 -15 minutes form the town centre, public transport all readily available for all tourist attractions.
The hotel looks lovely, It's basic and the rooms are clean and towels and bedding were changed everyday, there is a pool at the back with plenty sun loungers.
A traditional Turkish breakfast was provided with a selection of teas, apple tea being a must have!!

The hotel is ran by three brothers which were extremely helpful, with regards to alleged aggressive behaviour (from a pervious review) we found the total opposite and never encountered anything other than these friendly guys always on hand for advise and how to make the most of our Turkish holiday. Orhan was especially great, he even gave my boyfriend a lift on his scooter to the hospital.
These brothers always had time for us, and we enjoyed their company to no end. Missing this place already and that's made up mostly because of the owners and how welcome they made us feel.

If your into your resort types lounging around the pool wanting a bit of luxury then this isn't for you, however if your after a clean bed, nice atmosphere on a bit of a budget and something that makes it more personal to your holiday then this is it!

Anyways Thanks guys for a fantastic stay at your hotel, I hope to see you all again one day.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room with air con, ask for a fan. The fan really helped at keeping your cool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beckiNtom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just got back from 1 week holiday. .small family run hotel. great location handy for town. rooms basic but very clean. The Fortin family very friendly. Great value for money Had a great time would go back again .we met some great friends.

3  Thank michael d
Reviewed 27 September 2013

what can i say about this little gem it HAD THE BEST 2 WEEKS EVER in turkey
the hotel is run by 3 brothers who couldnt do enough to help you with were to go to eat what dolmus you needed even making packed lunch for trip back
efe; cheeky bugger always on his phone but did make you laugh
orhan; fantastic had a bit of a problem with my daughter and he sorted it out for me which made rest of holiday enjoyable
akmen; a treasure always a smile on his face and again would do anything to help
teh rooms yes bit small but after 2 days got used to it as for mosque heard it first 3 mornings then got used to it
location was fab walked every were
the best thing about this hotel is your not a number they know you by name know exactly what drinks you want and how many sugars ect you take and of course all the new ppl you meet whilst you are there
we had some laughs around the terrace of a night so there really wasnt any need to go out into centrum every night
am def going back this is my new destination and hotel :-)

thanks guys :-) xx

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank hammerschick68
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Booked this hotel based on the good comments I had read, however some travellers then put negative comments on that I am now pleased I ignored.

This is a small family run hotel that can cost around £4 per night depending on the time of year you stay. So I ask what do you expect to get for your money? Turkish culture and religion, a typical turkish breakfast, a swimming pool, safety deposit boxes, wifi, a comfortable clean room and a friendly welcome. Well Im pleased and relieved to say this is exactly what I got for my money.

So I wonder therefore why people who pay such a small fee for a hotel expect 5star accommodation and service? Does it matter if there are not eggs available everyday for your breakfast? Why complain about callings from the local mosque when that is the turkish culture? Did you expect a huge veranda and jacuzzi bath or a small clean / suitably equipped room that reflects the price you paid? I find it contradictory to complain about rats and cats on the same streets surely this doesnt add up?? Peace and quiet in the middle of a busy resort housing area will this happen not likely!

This hotel served its purpose to a tee and is ideal for a break away in turkey, the 'family' are wise in their management they dont waste money and probably dont make much either. I never encountered them in my or my friends room during our stay and did not experience any aggression however if I had to deal with some of the customer requests I heard from guests during my stay then im sure my temper would fray also........

Thanks

Room Tip: Rooms come with or without air con there is a fee to pay as £4 per night wont cover this cost so ple...
4  Thank NJK_11
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have just returned from villa fortin after a 2 week stay.
As everyone says the place is amazingly friendly and the family running the show are wonderful.
As for the property its self some things are a little run down rooms could do with a make over and things like shower curtains need replacing.
However the pool is lovely & clean but most of the sunbeds are knackered.
The food at the in house snack bar is good but basic.
Breakfast is Turkish style with boiled eggs alternate days.
Its quite noisy at night due to being located in a residential part of town and some of the guests can get a bit loud so a room at the back fairly high up is an advantage if you like your sleep !
Aircon if available costs a hefty £ 25 a week and safety boxes are £1a night .
As a visitor who first went to Kusadasi 13 years ago it is generally much more manic now the streets are filthy with stray cats & dogs everywhere, also be aware of people trying to rip you off bar owners in particular seem desperate for business as drinks prices are much the same as here in uk
2 people now need around £ 55 - 70 a day for meals spend etc, and thats being frugal.
It was our 6 th trip to Turkey but it will be the last as its hard work rat running traffic & being hassled upside down everywhere.
Overall not a bad little place :-)

Room Tip: At the back facing the pool
2  Thank perrystanks