“Choose these over the big companies for a personal and rewarding excursion”

Helliantus Anatolia Tours
Ranked #28 of 107 Tours in Kusadasi
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Fatma Acar was recommended to us by a friend who had used her and had been highly impressed with her service. I contacted her via email and she was extremely knowledgeable and happy to adapt to our wishes. We were visiting for one day from a cruise ship and wanted to visit Ephesus and the Terraced Houses but only wanted a half day visit and she was happy to oblige with our plans. We particularly did not want to be part of a large group and were really happy to hear that Fatma mainly does small groups of 2-4. The price she quoted was also lower than any other private tours for 2 which we saw quoted elsewhere.

She suggested we should leave the ship early and we were met only half an hour after we docked by the wonderful Yesra who was to be our guide. An air-conditioned van was waiting for just the two of us and we were at the site just after 8 o'clock. We were one of the first people to enter the site (at the top gate) and were ahead of the crowds for most of the visit - many of my pictures don't show a single person (which is quite a feat considering the vast numbers who entered later in the day).

I cannot say enough about how entertaining Yesra made this trip. She had studied tourism for 6 years and her knowledge and passion for her country's culture was outstanding. She showed us nooks and crannies and gave us information about things which we wouldn't have even noticed. She was able to answer every one of our questions in a fully informed and enthusiastic way. We never felt rushed and truly felt that she wanted us to love the architecture and the history of the place as much as she did - and in that she succeeded. This really was the highlight of our cruise and (having travelled to many places) one of the best tours we have ever taken. Do visit the terraced houses to see some remarkable excavations and to get a real flavour of how people lived.

We had two 10 minute stops where we could visit the library and the auditorium, and to give Yesra's voice a rest! Otherwise she was with us for the whole tour and showing and describing things with great knowledge. Our tour was over before lunchtime and yet we felt we had seen everything possible and without being rushed - and no visit to an obligatory carpet factory!!

I highly recommend this company if you want a truly personal and professional visit to Ephesus or to many other sites within Turkey.

3  Thank Nibbles
in 5 reviews
in 23 reviews
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Fatma Acar is the owner of Helliantus Anatolia Tours and offers and incredible experience. I was easily able to communicate with her by email before our cruise. When we arrive in Kusadasi Fatma was waiting for us a 7:30am and eager to get the day started. My girlfriend and I rode around all day long until around 3:30pm for $130 Euro total plus entrance fees to various sites we visited as required. It was not very crowded when we there over Thanksgiving, but she already had all of the tickets required (she keeps many in stock to avoid lines having to purchase tickets). This was the best experience of all 7 ports we visited in the Med. We went to all of the sites in the order she suggested. All you need to do is just let her know where you would like to go and she will take you in the appropriate order to avoid as much of a crowd as possible. She know when the cruise ship buses arrive and depart and we visited most of the sites with a very minimal crowd. We stopped by a local place she recommends for lunch and it was wonderful. The owner and her explain everything that is being served (which was a lot). All of the food was great and very authentic.

Fatma's tour was a much better value than anything I saw offered by the cruise line, unless you just prefer being on a big bus with a group of people and touring through the sites basically by yourself and getting back on the bus.

If and when I am back in Turkey Fatma will be my tour guide without question! She was very compassionate and really cared out the experience she was giving her guests.

2  Thank Brent C
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We were 4 french speaking travellers on a cruise in October 2102 with a 1 day stop in Kusadasi, after doing a lot of research online, I came across Fatma's name and saw the good reviews and that she had some french speaking guides. I had a lot of questions and she was very patient throughout the process from first contact to booking to day of tour. on the day of, we were met by Verdi at the pier, a very knowledgeable french speaking guide who took us on a tour to Ephesus, the Terrace houses, Temple of Artemis, Isa Bey mosque and a lunch at a local restaurant. The tickets to the attractions had been previously purchased by Fatma so we would not have to wait in line. The value of this tour for the price was excellent and our guide very informative, I would book Fatma's company or Verdi (our guide) for any other tour in Turkey. (to note: we did end up at a way too expensive leather coat factory which was not planned during my email back and forth conversations about what we wanted to see, but it was not the first time this happened to me, it is also commonly done on the cruise ship tours to finish the tour at a shop or factory of the local export, last time i was in Turkey, the tour stopped us at a carpet factory... i just thought that booking a private tour we would avoid this). Overall excellent day with good memories

1  Thank Izzy B
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We booked Fatma for an private Ephesus with Roman villas and Artemision temple tour. She is absolute one of the best guides we ever had. She is a very sympathetic and open minded person. Her knowledge is enormous. Fatma is very relaxed and we had plenty of time tot see this beautiful place.

3  Thank Jan Z
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were two couples on a cruise with a day in Kusadasi. I did a lot of research looking for a guide and was lucky enough to find Fatma, she is absolutely fabulous! She is very knowledgeable and an absolute delight to be around. Make sure you take the Terrace Houses "additional tour" while in the ancient ruins, it was wonderful and also go to Sirince Village for lunch, go to the little cafe where they have the wood burning oven for the best pizza around! Also, ask her to take you for the best Baklava in the city and also Turkish Delights! Yummy on both counts. After spending a wonderful day with Fatma, you will have a friend for life. She mentioned to us that she also tours in Istabul, we've decided that is our next trip and we definitely plan to use Fatma. Trust me, you will not be disappointed, she is a 5 star rating!!!

2  Thank hkwrights