“Could have been better” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 147 Hotels in Kusadasi
Cork, Ireland
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I travelled as part of an organised cultural tour of Western Turkey. We had already stayed in three Turkish hotels elsewhere before arriving at the Grand Belish, all of which I would rate higher than this one. The sights and people were magnificent everywhere and I arrived in very good humour and disposed to further enjoying the experience. I was somewhat taken aback on registering to be tagged with a red wristband for the duration of the stay, this presumably to distinguish our group (part-board) from others with different arrangements. I had never experienced this before but am assured that it is not uncommon - a rather sad comment, it seems to me, on what mass tourism has become. The inseparable wristband accompanied me on subsequent trips to Ephesus and elsewhere.
The hotel is very well located in what appears to be a good residential area. I would think that ts being a good distance from Kusadasi is an advantage rather than otherwise. There is a very nice beach right beside the hotel with a public promenade ideal for an evening stroll. My wife made good use of the hotel pool and spoke highly of it. Clearly it is a place of great potential which, in my judgement, it does not at present achieve.
The service was fair at best. A day-long struggle to get get two extra pillows was not worth the hassle. The food was generally quite good but palled with monotony after the first day. An unfortunate effort to segregate our group for dinner on the first evening left a sour taste.
Dinner drinks were extra (fair enough) but the system of accounting for them did not work so that, for instance, I was charged for drinks that I had already paid for; on protesting - but one should not have to protest - the charge was set aside. My wife and I were on the ground floor where there was a musty smell in the corridor and very little to see from our room. Our mistake: we should have asked to be moved higher.
As a visitor to a wonderfully historic country, I am sensitive to the charge of being unduly demanding, but I think that the Grand Belish experience could be improved without very much effort to make it more enjoyable for staff and guests. At present I would rate it somewhere between three and four stars.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank rebel186600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Beautiful sandy beach, clean and safe. You can leave everything at the beach and do not worry. Hotel is situated in the neighbourhood of houses, not many hotels there. It's around 20-30minutes from crowded, loud Kusadasi - you can get there using dolmus - 4,25 TL.

Clubbing, restaurants, souvenirs, city life, crowd... if you look for all that you will not find it there.
It's also no good for families with kids - pool has no attractions, you can just swim, animations are in turkish and are boring as hell. Everyday the same songs sang by kids during mini disco.

People at the hotel? From Turkey, Iran, Albania, Poland, Germany...

Animations are no good. Guys try but they are really ridiculous. Only go for the ilusionist show and turkish nigth - those are very nice. Mornixng gymnastics? No, no, no... don't try it. I'm a sporty type with 5 years fitness bacground and the guy told me I don't know how to excersise...

Anyhow if you look for quite, calm holidays in nice hotel with good food (I don't understand the negative opinions...) and with great beach - go there. It's worth it!

Good piece of advise - rent a bike and go south. Don't rent it at the hotel for 10TL per hour but go nearby to the bike service and negotiate to have a bike for 2-3 TL per hour. The bikes at service are old but do you realy need something else?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Ewa L
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I'll start this review with the POSITIVES. The Hotel itself is Beautiful and in a prime spot along the beautiful beaches. The Rooms are Clean (mostly) Daily. It is Ideal for those that want to relax and have the choice of Pool & Beach within seconds of each other and do NOTHING Else
Now for the NEGATIVES.... When we arrived @ 02.00 in the morning, there were only 2 beds in our room yet there were 4 of us. So they had to make another bed up for my youngest son... 3 towels in room instead of 4 .Petty maybe but at that time in the morning all we wanted to do was sleep.
Breakfast the following morning was very basic. The only thing that looked fresh was the pancakes and Omelets being cooked to order. Lunch wasn't that much better choice. Turkey Mix/Stew was popular but like someone else stated on these reviews, same food just changed the name. Dinner seemed to be what was left over during the day and jazzed up to look different. After 3 days of attempting to sample different dishes we gave up and ended up eating out for the remainder of our weeks holiday. Nothing was HOT, just warm and every time we went up the lift up food servers were empty and we had to wait for them to be filled up again, and be quick as within seconds they were empty again. One server per item is just not enough for the amount of guests there were in the restaurant at one time.
The All Inclusive was a JOKE! There were only 3 spirits included which were Local VODKA, Local GIN and Raki! That is IT! every other spirit you pay extra for. There was a Local Beer (which wasn't bad) Red and White wine. Soft Drinks included. BUT Bottled Water they charged you for. Which brings me on to the 'MIni Bar' in the room. Everything was charged for, including the items that were included in the All Inclusive so if you 'take/purchase' anything out of there, it will go on your bill!!
The Snack bar at the pool served Chips/Burgers/Hot Dogs and 'Turkish Pizza'. Although the Hot Dogs were scary as they were putting them in what looked like a Tomato sauce and heating them up from FROZEN! Hubby had one and it was still frozen in the middle! NO ICE CREAM AT ALL! Kids not HAPPY!
There seemed to be No English speaking staff on the reception desk as when we went to complain so it was a waste of time. There was nothing in the Lobby for information in ENGLISH, so we couldn't venture out of the hotel for day trips. When we asked about transport into Kusadasi the receptionist just looked at us shrugged her shoulders, no understand! (As the hotel is about 20 miles away certainly NOT walking distance!!)
The Hotel itself looked liked it had been zapped into a residential area as it looked out of place with all the houses that surrounded it. There are a few bars/cafe thingames as you along the beach front. We found one which was nice and served really nice food. But I thing they are mostly all the same. Which ever one you choice the food HAS to be better that what the GRAND BELISH was offering.
This hotel is NOT worth the 5* rating that this was. 3* Maybe because of the location to the beach etc.
Thing twice and read these reviews as they are honest and to the point before booking to the Grand Belish...you have been warned!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Anitadarani

Travellers are raving about these Kusadasi hotels

tehran
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

It was a great trip for me and my wife(in our honey moon),and every thing was very good such as clean and comfortable room,and having a very nice view of the sea and especially kindness and hospitality of people,I also thanks very very much from Ms. SELEN OZKAN who was very kind to us and spend much time for us;BUT FOOD SERVICE WAS NOT OK ATALL!,it really dissappointed us,and I think they just wanted to serve the food as cheap as possible.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mirisagit79
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

If you want to rest, if you want to have a break from shopping, city etc for a really low price it is excellent place for you... more than perfect area created by nature...
excellent hotel service, good food
like poor st. tropez :) but if you want to go there you must pay much more :-D

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Miss_Independent_72
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

went there for the New Eve' s and spend 4 nights there. Had a good time. cleanliness was up to the standards, food - excellent. Staff speaks hardly any English, except for the manager and a few lovely girls working at the reception. Bar staff/restaurant staff- clean and hard-working guys, but need of more appropriate training is languages.
The area around is of a hundreds small houses, right on the beach.

• Stayed December 2010
4 Thank weedmactep
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

We had a lovely holiday at this fabulous hotel - luxury rooms, very friendly staff, delicious food, great animation team & overall excellent atmosphere. We would give it 100% & definitely return in the future for another holiday. It was one of the highlights of our summer :-)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family