“Could do better ,”

and 1 more site!
Grand Belish Hotel
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Belish a lovely looking building but not so Grand, off season when the pool is being repaired and the water in the Spa pool could use a little heat as it was as per the Hotels web site heated but cold.
We emailed the Hotel in advance of our arrival,as we were part of a group with a request for a room with a decent ideally good sea view. On arrival, were given a low floor with a balcony that looked in on the pool being repaired, you could see the sea by straining. Returned to the desk and asked for a better view and was allocated a higher floor room. See the photographs to guage if you feel the views could be improved on.
Unlike others when Dining we had waiters that were very helpful and had basic to good english with ready smiles and an eagarness to please which kind of offsets the lack of being allocated a room with a decent view in the first place.
Our Room was acceptable but no glasses in the bathroom, no additional pillow available nor the complimentary bottle of water we were given in the other hotels on our tour. Was not prepared to "front desk" again as to get them on the basis of the resolve show when we asked for the better view
The Food in the Kassandra Main Buffet Restaurant a delight for the Vegetarians but not a great variety in the Mains, desserts selection was also in need of improvement.Not at all sure the Roof top a la carte Vinea Restaurant was operative it was locked when we tried to enter to take a picture
Our Tour Bus was only let in if we had luggage to on or off load. A good looking hotel with a web site visual but like it's closed supermarket and with mainly swim accessories and suncreames on the shelves -little or no actual food, not a described.
It was out of "real season" yet it had a good through put of tour parties at least 100 guests or more a night so no real excuses.
Our Tour with the Travel Department was excellent and overall great value for money and the Drinks and Wines were not too overpriced. They only had a very limited amout of choices available from an extensive wine list the night we arrived in white wines but we happily drank what was available. I assume we would have paid lots more if not on a package but to return it would never be at full price, it just would not be worth it unless the sea is fantastic in August
Still some of the staff really did care and might not get the support they deserved.

Room Tip: Do not ask in advance, learn sufficient turkish to get what you want as even your rep might not pres...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TwoBigOneGrowing
There are newer reviews for Grand Belish Hotel

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We spend 1 night here and I found the hotel to be fine. This isnt the type of hotel I would sell my right arm to go to, but it is nice enough with a lovely bar area, and great clean rooms. Each room has a view of the beach which is right out side the hotels perimeter - 30 second walk.

The staff were helpful and thoughtful in making our stay as comfortable as possible so there were no problems. I just find the hotel a bit uninspiring.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank TouringTrick
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Really don't understand those who have anything against this hotel because it is both beautiful and cosy in the same time. Don't believe a single bad word in other comments. I am a world traveler (visited 5 continents and more than 26 countries) so I know a thing or two about hotels of all rates. Best hotel I have ever seen would be Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas and bad hotels I will not mention because I always try to search for a good-one and so far I always succeded getting a good -one.Regarding our last vacation to GRAND BELISH which was between September 24-th and october 1-st,2011 I can simply say that GRAND BELISH gives you more than you expect for the price you pay (always look the price you pay and then make your comments)...so they say it's a 5* hotel, well it is a 5* hotel in all aspects (excellent food both in variety and taste, nice rooms with wide lcd, dvd-player and spacious well equipped bathrooms, excellent entertainment both for kids and grown-ups, daytime and evening entertainment as well, beautiful coastline with 30m wide and about 200 m long fine private sandy beach with motorized and non motorized watersports and a LIFE GUARD at all times for you and your kids). All in all pretty much everithing should be well beyond your expectations (again we are not talking about Rixos for 2000 euro/pax/week...we are talking about GRAND BELISH wich goes for 350-400 euro/pax/week bargain price...and what a vacation you get for this? EXCELLENT).
And yes, I would go back anytime, and yes, I would be there again with a car (to be free to move around as you please) and yes, I would recommend to anyone: single travelers, families with kids (you can enter about 50 m into the sea and still feeling safe), young and old couples as well.
I regret only one thing: that doesn't exist a GRAND BELISH style hotel in all major tourist hot-spots of the world (for the same price of course....).
That's it. Go there confidently and have fun. It's well worth the money you pay.
Believe it or not, this is my second rating to any hotel written all my life, I usually don't write reviews but this time because of the bad reviews I was at the point of cancelling my trip...glad that I didn't, glad indeed beause we had an EXCELLENT VACATION once again.

Room Tip: we have got side-seaview and it was excellent
12  Thank BabBerci
Reviewed 9 October 2011

It`s a perfect place to stay if you need a real vacation! Far from city noise, good sandy beach and incredible view. Good animation team, good food.

6  Thank IVMarev
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I travelled as part of an organised cultural tour of Western Turkey. We had already stayed in three Turkish hotels elsewhere before arriving at the Grand Belish, all of which I would rate higher than this one. The sights and people were magnificent everywhere and I arrived in very good humour and disposed to further enjoying the experience. I was somewhat taken aback on registering to be tagged with a red wristband for the duration of the stay, this presumably to distinguish our group (part-board) from others with different arrangements. I had never experienced this before but am assured that it is not uncommon - a rather sad comment, it seems to me, on what mass tourism has become. The inseparable wristband accompanied me on subsequent trips to Ephesus and elsewhere.
The hotel is very well located in what appears to be a good residential area. I would think that ts being a good distance from Kusadasi is an advantage rather than otherwise. There is a very nice beach right beside the hotel with a public promenade ideal for an evening stroll. My wife made good use of the hotel pool and spoke highly of it. Clearly it is a place of great potential which, in my judgement, it does not at present achieve.
The service was fair at best. A day-long struggle to get get two extra pillows was not worth the hassle. The food was generally quite good but palled with monotony after the first day. An unfortunate effort to segregate our group for dinner on the first evening left a sour taste.
Dinner drinks were extra (fair enough) but the system of accounting for them did not work so that, for instance, I was charged for drinks that I had already paid for; on protesting - but one should not have to protest - the charge was set aside. My wife and I were on the ground floor where there was a musty smell in the corridor and very little to see from our room. Our mistake: we should have asked to be moved higher.
As a visitor to a wonderfully historic country, I am sensitive to the charge of being unduly demanding, but I think that the Grand Belish experience could be improved without very much effort to make it more enjoyable for staff and guests. At present I would rate it somewhere between three and four stars.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank rebel186600
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Beautiful sandy beach, clean and safe. You can leave everything at the beach and do not worry. Hotel is situated in the neighbourhood of houses, not many hotels there. It's around 20-30minutes from crowded, loud Kusadasi - you can get there using dolmus - 4,25 TL.

Clubbing, restaurants, souvenirs, city life, crowd... if you look for all that you will not find it there.
It's also no good for families with kids - pool has no attractions, you can just swim, animations are in turkish and are boring as hell. Everyday the same songs sang by kids during mini disco.

People at the hotel? From Turkey, Iran, Albania, Poland, Germany...

Animations are no good. Guys try but they are really ridiculous. Only go for the ilusionist show and turkish nigth - those are very nice. Mornixng gymnastics? No, no, no... don't try it. I'm a sporty type with 5 years fitness bacground and the guy told me I don't know how to excersise...

Anyhow if you look for quite, calm holidays in nice hotel with good food (I don't understand the negative opinions...) and with great beach - go there. It's worth it!

Good piece of advise - rent a bike and go south. Don't rent it at the hotel for 10TL per hour but go nearby to the bike service and negotiate to have a bike for 2-3 TL per hour. The bikes at service are old but do you realy need something else?

7  Thank Ewa L
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I'll start this review with the POSITIVES. The Hotel itself is Beautiful and in a prime spot along the beautiful beaches. The Rooms are Clean (mostly) Daily. It is Ideal for those that want to relax and have the choice of Pool & Beach within seconds of each other and do NOTHING Else
Now for the NEGATIVES.... When we arrived @ 02.00 in the morning, there were only 2 beds in our room yet there were 4 of us. So they had to make another bed up for my youngest son... 3 towels in room instead of 4 .Petty maybe but at that time in the morning all we wanted to do was sleep.
Breakfast the following morning was very basic. The only thing that looked fresh was the pancakes and Omelets being cooked to order. Lunch wasn't that much better choice. Turkey Mix/Stew was popular but like someone else stated on these reviews, same food just changed the name. Dinner seemed to be what was left over during the day and jazzed up to look different. After 3 days of attempting to sample different dishes we gave up and ended up eating out for the remainder of our weeks holiday. Nothing was HOT, just warm and every time we went up the lift up food servers were empty and we had to wait for them to be filled up again, and be quick as within seconds they were empty again. One server per item is just not enough for the amount of guests there were in the restaurant at one time.
The All Inclusive was a JOKE! There were only 3 spirits included which were Local VODKA, Local GIN and Raki! That is IT! every other spirit you pay extra for. There was a Local Beer (which wasn't bad) Red and White wine. Soft Drinks included. BUT Bottled Water they charged you for. Which brings me on to the 'MIni Bar' in the room. Everything was charged for, including the items that were included in the All Inclusive so if you 'take/purchase' anything out of there, it will go on your bill!!
The Snack bar at the pool served Chips/Burgers/Hot Dogs and 'Turkish Pizza'. Although the Hot Dogs were scary as they were putting them in what looked like a Tomato sauce and heating them up from FROZEN! Hubby had one and it was still frozen in the middle! NO ICE CREAM AT ALL! Kids not HAPPY!
There seemed to be No English speaking staff on the reception desk as when we went to complain so it was a waste of time. There was nothing in the Lobby for information in ENGLISH, so we couldn't venture out of the hotel for day trips. When we asked about transport into Kusadasi the receptionist just looked at us shrugged her shoulders, no understand! (As the hotel is about 20 miles away certainly NOT walking distance!!)
The Hotel itself looked liked it had been zapped into a residential area as it looked out of place with all the houses that surrounded it. There are a few bars/cafe thingames as you along the beach front. We found one which was nice and served really nice food. But I thing they are mostly all the same. Which ever one you choice the food HAS to be better that what the GRAND BELISH was offering.
This hotel is NOT worth the 5* rating that this was. 3* Maybe because of the location to the beach etc.
Thing twice and read these reviews as they are honest and to the point before booking to the Grand Belish...you have been warned!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family