“Average resort in the middle of no where”
Review of Grand Belish Hotel

and 1 more site!
Grand Belish Hotel
Ranked #96 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed at the Grand Belish for two nights as part of an organized tour group when traveling Turkey in April and May 2012. The hotel was near impossible to find even for our local driver who drives tour buses for a living. The hotel looked impressive when we first arrived but over the two days, did quickly disappoint. The hotel is newer so most facilities are in fairly good condition. Room included two twin beds, small balcony, bathroom with tub/shower and tons of closet space. Hot water did not work in the morning. You cannot get wifi in the bedroom and there is limited service in most places of the hotel. The best place to access wifi was outside the elevator where you exit for the pool. Buffet breakfast and dinner was included. There were tons of food options available (hot and cold, salads and deserts) and the food was good, the salads, cheeses, cold cut options were delicious but some of the hot food was a disappointment. They definitely over serve you at meals, making sure that someone is always available to take your drink order and dirty dishes away. The hotel amenities include pool, lounge chairs and towel service and has its own private beach access which were definitely enjoyable to spend the day at. The hotel is not convenient to anything and is not recommended unless you have your own car or are staying with an organized tour group. I believe it would be a 30 minute drive to the city center and 45 minutes to Ephesus. Overall an average experience

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisa L

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We spent 5 unbelievable days in Grand Belish Hotel.Close to many histotical places-Ephesus and many others. Everything was excellent - the room, the food, the service. The people in the restaurant and at the reception were very kind and helpful all the time. We would recommend it to everyone, who want to spend a really relaxing and funny holiday in Turkey.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tabakov
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Belish a lovely looking building but not so Grand, off season when the pool is being repaired and the water in the Spa pool could use a little heat as it was as per the Hotels web site heated but cold.
We emailed the Hotel in advance of our arrival,as we were part of a group with a request for a room with a decent ideally good sea view. On arrival, were given a low floor with a balcony that looked in on the pool being repaired, you could see the sea by straining. Returned to the desk and asked for a better view and was allocated a higher floor room. See the photographs to guage if you feel the views could be improved on.
Unlike others when Dining we had waiters that were very helpful and had basic to good english with ready smiles and an eagarness to please which kind of offsets the lack of being allocated a room with a decent view in the first place.
Our Room was acceptable but no glasses in the bathroom, no additional pillow available nor the complimentary bottle of water we were given in the other hotels on our tour. Was not prepared to "front desk" again as to get them on the basis of the resolve show when we asked for the better view
The Food in the Kassandra Main Buffet Restaurant a delight for the Vegetarians but not a great variety in the Mains, desserts selection was also in need of improvement.Not at all sure the Roof top a la carte Vinea Restaurant was operative it was locked when we tried to enter to take a picture
Our Tour Bus was only let in if we had luggage to on or off load. A good looking hotel with a web site visual but like it's closed supermarket and with mainly swim accessories and suncreames on the shelves -little or no actual food, not a described.
It was out of "real season" yet it had a good through put of tour parties at least 100 guests or more a night so no real excuses.
Our Tour with the Travel Department was excellent and overall great value for money and the Drinks and Wines were not too overpriced. They only had a very limited amout of choices available from an extensive wine list the night we arrived in white wines but we happily drank what was available. I assume we would have paid lots more if not on a package but to return it would never be at full price, it just would not be worth it unless the sea is fantastic in August
Still some of the staff really did care and might not get the support they deserved.

Room Tip: Do not ask in advance, learn sufficient turkish to get what you want as even your rep might not pres...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TwoBigOneGrowing
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We spend 1 night here and I found the hotel to be fine. This isnt the type of hotel I would sell my right arm to go to, but it is nice enough with a lovely bar area, and great clean rooms. Each room has a view of the beach which is right out side the hotels perimeter - 30 second walk.

The staff were helpful and thoughtful in making our stay as comfortable as possible so there were no problems. I just find the hotel a bit uninspiring.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank TouringTrick
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Really don't understand those who have anything against this hotel because it is both beautiful and cosy in the same time. Don't believe a single bad word in other comments. I am a world traveler (visited 5 continents and more than 26 countries) so I know a thing or two about hotels of all rates. Best hotel I have ever seen would be Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas and bad hotels I will not mention because I always try to search for a good-one and so far I always succeded getting a good -one.Regarding our last vacation to GRAND BELISH which was between September 24-th and october 1-st,2011 I can simply say that GRAND BELISH gives you more than you expect for the price you pay (always look the price you pay and then make your comments)...so they say it's a 5* hotel, well it is a 5* hotel in all aspects (excellent food both in variety and taste, nice rooms with wide lcd, dvd-player and spacious well equipped bathrooms, excellent entertainment both for kids and grown-ups, daytime and evening entertainment as well, beautiful coastline with 30m wide and about 200 m long fine private sandy beach with motorized and non motorized watersports and a LIFE GUARD at all times for you and your kids). All in all pretty much everithing should be well beyond your expectations (again we are not talking about Rixos for 2000 euro/pax/week...we are talking about GRAND BELISH wich goes for 350-400 euro/pax/week bargain price...and what a vacation you get for this? EXCELLENT).
And yes, I would go back anytime, and yes, I would be there again with a car (to be free to move around as you please) and yes, I would recommend to anyone: single travelers, families with kids (you can enter about 50 m into the sea and still feeling safe), young and old couples as well.
I regret only one thing: that doesn't exist a GRAND BELISH style hotel in all major tourist hot-spots of the world (for the same price of course....).
That's it. Go there confidently and have fun. It's well worth the money you pay.
Believe it or not, this is my second rating to any hotel written all my life, I usually don't write reviews but this time because of the bad reviews I was at the point of cancelling my trip...glad that I didn't, glad indeed beause we had an EXCELLENT VACATION once again.

Room Tip: we have got side-seaview and it was excellent
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank BabBerci
Reviewed 9 October 2011

It`s a perfect place to stay if you need a real vacation! Far from city noise, good sandy beach and incredible view. Good animation team, good food.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank IVMarev
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I travelled as part of an organised cultural tour of Western Turkey. We had already stayed in three Turkish hotels elsewhere before arriving at the Grand Belish, all of which I would rate higher than this one. The sights and people were magnificent everywhere and I arrived in very good humour and disposed to further enjoying the experience. I was somewhat taken aback on registering to be tagged with a red wristband for the duration of the stay, this presumably to distinguish our group (part-board) from others with different arrangements. I had never experienced this before but am assured that it is not uncommon - a rather sad comment, it seems to me, on what mass tourism has become. The inseparable wristband accompanied me on subsequent trips to Ephesus and elsewhere.
The hotel is very well located in what appears to be a good residential area. I would think that ts being a good distance from Kusadasi is an advantage rather than otherwise. There is a very nice beach right beside the hotel with a public promenade ideal for an evening stroll. My wife made good use of the hotel pool and spoke highly of it. Clearly it is a place of great potential which, in my judgement, it does not at present achieve.
The service was fair at best. A day-long struggle to get get two extra pillows was not worth the hassle. The food was generally quite good but palled with monotony after the first day. An unfortunate effort to segregate our group for dinner on the first evening left a sour taste.
Dinner drinks were extra (fair enough) but the system of accounting for them did not work so that, for instance, I was charged for drinks that I had already paid for; on protesting - but one should not have to protest - the charge was set aside. My wife and I were on the ground floor where there was a musty smell in the corridor and very little to see from our room. Our mistake: we should have asked to be moved higher.
As a visitor to a wonderfully historic country, I am sensitive to the charge of being unduly demanding, but I think that the Grand Belish experience could be improved without very much effort to make it more enjoyable for staff and guests. At present I would rate it somewhere between three and four stars.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends