“great animation team”
Review of Cande Onura Hotel

Cande Onura Hotel
Ranked #91 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Hotel animation team are excellent and made our holiday really good. Really friendly staff. Thanks to Beckham (chieff), bobo (assistant chieff), dragon (comedian), enrique (land sport), gizmo (DJ), chris (dancer), alina mini cluber & dancer), chucky (dancer), nastia (dancer) and gizem (mini cluber).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank zoey d

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Was very concerned about visting the onura after reading other reviews, but went with an open mind and glad we did as my daughter and myself had a wonderful two weeks, the sea views were amazing, the staff were friendly and helpful the food was as i expected with all inclusive get a bit repetative when there for two weeks, but the price we paid for our holiday was a very good deal and I would return to the onura.

Room Tip: make sure you get a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sallyg1967
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Location is good. It is not in city center . But you can go with number 6 Dolmush (VAN TAXIS) directly to city center. The hotel has a private beach as well as a around 50 mt sound beach suitable for children playing. I think finding a hotel in city center having private beach is difficult . Most hotels in city center are located in other side of beachroad and you need to go to a public beach.
Diversity and quality of foods are good specially for me as a vegeterian. But meat lovers were not so happy. 7:30 -10:00 breakfast, 10:00-11:00 light breakfast, 12:30-2:30 lunch , 2:00-5:00 snack time. 7:00-9:30 dineer, 11:30-12:00 midnigt soup. Bars are active in different places.
personnels were polite and motivated.
Animation team were proffesinal and friendly. Dont miss their 21:30 mini disco for kids, and 10:00 show. they have non stop entertainment programs for people all daytime as well.
Hotel and rooms are clean. Pools are quite clean. 4 pools , one for kids and one covered. Bath and massage , but we didnt go threre, pools and beach and animation team were enough!
Hotel is a little old , but refurbishment is not vital yet. you can enjoy its friendly enviroment.
Rooms air conditioning works well.
Internet (wifi) is not free,you need pay 5 lira for 24 hours and get a password.
Safe box in rooms are not free. 6 lira for 24 hours.

Room Tip: You dont stay more than a few hours daytime in room , bur sea view is ecellent.
4  Thank Shahramansari
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was with my family for the first time in Turkey...Wonderful hotel...and had a grate time and very relaxing...
We arrived late almost 22 pm to the hotel and we had a wonderful sea room view...and they send us in room something to eat as for the dinner ...

Something not to ignore was the SPA grate staff and they offered me the relaxing part of my holiday. As for the restaurant i think everybody and choose what he or she likes...

Something bad was... and as a Mr said here... The internet... i think we got ripped of by the same guy of the reception because one night i paid € 4 meanwhile on another i paid € 2 i don't know why but i didn't wanted to make a scandal even if i told him that this lira/euro exchange was a lil crazy... and i think he understand that i realized...

My compliments for the housekeeping,waiters and animation even if i prefered to spend my nights on the beach or to the bar that was near Yellow Rose...

If you want to eat something different then the restaurant of the hotel you can go to Halil Restaurants that is on the other side of the street... you can get there some good fish dinner...

One advice.... i think this is available for all hotels all over the world... Don't think about anything when you go there and make your own opinion....

Of course all problems are forgotten when you are having your dinner with that fab sunset....

Have a nice holiday!

Room Tip: ask before you book a sea view room
3  Thank danette88
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I just came back from this hotel.We were family of 4 with two daughters.There was terrible smell of faeces in the snack bar and the pools.We couldn't use the snack bar and the pool.When we came in the hotel they gave us one room with out balcony,there wasn't place where we could dry clothes.The room was like prison the furniture was very old.Thanks god they changed it after 2 days because me & my husband contacted our agency.
THIS HOTEL WAS WRONG CHOICE.Only thing that was nice in this hotel was the food.

3  Thank nevenkaS
Reviewed 2 July 2011

There was a bad smell in our hotel room. The door locks of the room door and the door to the balcony were out of order. We waited for a long time before someone came to our room to help us with the problems. The wall picture in that room was also missing with only the end of the screw protruding out from the wall. Fortunately, the hotel agreed to change the room for us. The furniture inside the room was old. Food in the hotel canteen for dinner and breakfast was limited in variety and the quality was only fair. The hotel stopped the supply of food before 9:30pm for dinner and we thought it was a bit too early. The fried egg I got in breakfast was over-fired because the cook was doing other things while frying the egg for me.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ykeric
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I Booked the ONURA Hotel shown as all inclusive 5 star Hotel on the Travel Republic Website. On arrival We were very disappointed with the noisy location, almost looked like the M27 outside.
On seeing our rooms we were disappointed with the dowdy old fashioned dark look ,def in need of updating. The noise from the road was deafening . On trying to get moved to a different room,we were met with rude /indifferent reception staff, who kept telling us to come back the next day. It took 2 days and many complaints until they moved us to a slightly quieter room.
Food was buffet style a mixture of slosh, sprouts for breakfast was just one of the odd things on offer, but salads a plenty,and chicken chicken chicken. for most of my 10 day stay our party had upset stomachs .
Animation team worked hard as did waiters/ bar staff ect. Room maid was fantastic . Sauna 1st class, I recommend a Turkish Bath followed by a massage.
Pool area clean.
There is no internet room, but you can take your own laptop and get WiFi,also there is a snack bar/supermarket outside on the main road which gives you free internet
Brits are in the minority
There is no lounge bar to get your drinks, you have to traipse down to the outdoor snack area,(steps steps and more steps,)or you can get a alcoholic drink by the pool. There is a lounge bar in reception serving just non alcoholic drinks.I for one feel I like to have a drink in a nice relaxing area,not outside in the heat with millions of mosquitoes buzzing about Drinks tasted watered down
Beach area , forget it, The beach bar is non existent,and the fish restaurant doesn't open and when we asked when it will be open they said next week,but I was told by a staff member that they are told to say this every week,so its really doesn't exist .We had to vacate our room by 12 oclock,and our transfer was 7pm.On checking out the reception girl (sour face) proceeded to snip our all inclusive bands off. I was very annoyed about this,as we had arrived early evening when at the start of our holiday,so in my book we should have been allowed these facility's.But they would not budge on this and we had to sit around for 7 hours and with very little money left we were hungry and thirsty
Apart from that I guess we didnt pay as much as in other hotels,but next year will deff be spending more on the Hotel

Room Tip: go for the sea view rooms away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends