“"First Class apartments First Class Staff"”
Review of Whispering Sands

Whispering Sands
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous 2 week family holiday at Whispering Sands resort and I have to say it has been the most relaxed and enjoyable holiday we have ever had in Turkey. This was due to the very clean well equipped apartment's and very helpful staff, who were there at anytime day or night to help in any way they could with our requests. From the Manager Mecit to the Barman Curtis couldn't have been more helpful. The air-conditioning in the apartment's is excellent also the apartment's are very secure with great security at all times. So I have to say a very big Thanks to all the staff at Whispering Sands and look forward to returning next year :-) :-) :-) :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 946Aideen946
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear 946Aideen946,

you are more than welcome. I am chuffed that you should take the trouble to write your review and really pleased that you mention some of the staff and the hard work they do. There is no doubt that we have great people working for us and without them we would not be able to provide the fantastic service that you have described.
I hope to see you again next year. Take care of yourselves in the meantime.
Cheers

There are newer reviews for Whispering Sands

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just returned from a 10 day fabulous stay at Whispering Sands. Myself, my husband and our 3 year old and 9month old baby could not have had a better experience. We have travelled all over the world both as childless singletons and as parents and Whispering Sands is right up there with the best. All of the facilities were exactly as advertised and definitely surpassed the usual self catering standard. Little things like a washing machine in your own apartment and soap, washing up liquid, fruit and plenty of drinking water waiting on arrival set this place apart. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous, playing with the children and good conversationalist yet provided space, tact and privacy where appropriate. Curtis and Adam at the bar & restaurant were extremely efficient and almost knew instinctively what you wanted or needed. The food quality and selection were well above average and cheap as chips considering the quality. The complex was quiet at the time of our visit as this is early in the season, so we were probably spoiled with attention from staff however I doubt that standards slip much here. We ate most days at the complex and only ventured into town on a few occasions as we were more than satisfied just relaxing at Whispering Sands. I can't recommend this place enough as a place to take young children as it was very safe and well equipped, our 3 year old made new friends and was very happy with the indoor play area during the very hot period each day. There were a few older couples staying at the complex who all seemed more than relaxed, therefore the place seems to suit all, young and old. We were very impressed everything at Whispering Sands and if they allow us we will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Antoglee
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello Antoglee,

of course we would be delighted to see you again. We appreciate that it is not easy travelling with a young family, but once you arrive at Whispering Sands, you can relax. The children will be fine and you will have the peace and time to unwind.

Your review is really important to us as it reveals that Whispering Sands lives up to the expectations of intrepid travellers such as yourselves; and as you rightly point out, suits all ages.

I believe we have excellent staff and look forward to working with them for this new season. I am confident that everyone will have great service and yet be allowed the space to enjoy their holiday as they wish. Thank you for coming to visit us. I hope it is not too long before we can make you welcome again.
Best wishes

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our holiday to Kusadasi in Turkey was our first family holiday and I have to say we had a first class experience. Mainly thanks to the beautiful Whispering Sands resort. We have 3 girls, 5yrs, 2.5yrs and 6month old. Crazy I hear you say.... but overall it worked out great. A couple melt downs but nothing we weren't used too. Ha

We arrived on Saturday 24th of May. The bus transfer to the resort was no problem, there was actually a cold beer waiting for us. On arriving at the resort we were greeted by an army of staff who took our bags straight to our 4th floor room. The apartments was spotless, very clean which was a concern to my wife when we were booking but she was very happy. 2 nice sized double bedrooms, 1 was ensuite with a balcony and a great view. Nice sized bathroom, clean and well equipped. The resort had also put a child's cot in for our baby. It looked nearly brand new, nice and clean. The water pressure from the shower was excellent which was great after flight out from Dublin. The kitchen had everything we needed... and a 5 gallon water drum with water pump for 100% fresh drinking water. Nice touch!!

We were late arriving but the house chef rustled us up nice food.

We spent Sunday and Monday around the resort. The pools are great with the child pool covered which was great as we didn't have to keep putting sun cream on the kids every 20mins. Jacuzzi in the corner of the main pool also. The staff set up the volleyball net across the pool and we had a great time with other guests.

We had breakfast/lunch nearly every day by the pool. Cheap and nice food. Egg dishes were around 3euro, had to beat that.

There is a soft play area in the ground floor of one of the blocks.... the kids went there most days to get out of the mid day sun. Its barely used I 'd say, its like new. I have to admit I enjoyed crawling through it myself chasing the kids. Although they were far to fast for me. The ball pool was great fun. There is a gym there also, which I stayed out off as I'm on holiday but it looked well equipped. Massage room and hair dresser there also.

The barmen or the manager sorted out taxis for us each time we left the resort. No issue... on time and cheap. Into town was 4 or 5euro. We went into town for a walk about and some shopping a couple days... great fun. Trying to haggle and bargain with the shop owners for the hand bags and fake tops.

We also went to Soke Outlets and the local playground which was only 1TL to enter (35cent euro) unreal... Don't get me started on rip off Ireland.

Myself and my 5yr went to Adaland water park along with out guests. Well organised and bus drop off and pick up on time. Entry was part of it.

The food in the evening was great... it was actually better than the 2 meals we had in town. We ate in Yucca and Sari (seemed to be the main tourist restaurants) I think there were called... lovely meals but the resort was nicer IMHO. The Whispering Sands steak was my favorite, followed by the Chicken Kiev.

I read a few reviews on tripadvisor and was a little concerned by a couple negative reviews but I could find nothing to actually complain about. The barmen knew our name by the second day and were always on the look out for our kids in case any of them drifted off on us.

So overall:
Apartment was clean and well equipped
Pools clean and safe
Bar and restaurant had great food and cold beers
Play areas like new.

The only negative we had was with passport control on the way out in Istanbul
We flew Dublin to Istanbul to Izmir, the passport control in Istanbul was a real drag, especially with the 3 kids but only took 10mins on the way home.

Some reviews complain about the distance from town, which is hike alright but its too hot for a big walk anyway and a taxi at 5euro makes more sense to me. Especial with 3 kids :-)

Thanks Whispering Sands. We will be back, time to start saving again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick1979
LiamandTony, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Patrick1979,

what a wonderful way to start the month, reading your review. You tell it as it is and I am very grateful for the trouble you have taken to pen your thoughts so that others can read about us.

Whispering Sands is all about the children, of all ages, from the little tots right up to the university teens. We cater for them all and we welcome them all to Whispering Sands. They bring such enthusiasm and fun to the resort. What fascinates me is how often the children are arranging next years holiday back to Whispering Sands with their new found friends, before they tell their parents. It is funny, but it seems as if there is a special relationship between the children and Whispering Sands. The children breathe life into Whispering Sands and in turn Whispering Sands delivers a special and memorable holiday to them.

I totally agree with you about the food at Whispering Sands. It is second to none. We retained our chefs from last year because they are so good and already this has proven to have been a good move. Sometimes you can be lucky...and we certainly are with the chefs who work for us.

I hope that we will see you back again next year. In the meantime have a great summer in Ireland, and I hope it does not rain too much!!!
Take care

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in August 2013. We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 8 and 10. The complex is safe and secure with a good sized pool. The rooms are excellent! We ended up in a 4 bed apartment which was huge!!!
I would definitely recommend this to families. The owners and family members who run the club are very friendly and willing to help with any problems you may have.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tapotsang
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hello Tapotsang,

how wonderful to hear from you, and what a brilliant way to start our new season. Thank you very much for your kind words.

I remember you and the girls and was very much taken by how they joined in with the other children right from the very start of your holidays. They were fantastic dancers and enjoyed the entertainment. Whispering Sands is all about the children, from the little ones right up to the late teens. There is something for everyone. There's even more for them this year as we have added a gazebo and kitted it out with a professional pool table, air hockey, table soccer and table tennis games.

Good luck in your travels. Hopefully we will see you back again sometime in the near future.
Stay safe.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here last year,it is the best place i have ever stayed,and i have been around alot,the staff are so good,and the food is unreal,u have to try their steaks,or the fresh fish,pool is big and very clean,as for liam and his beautiful wife u do not meet people like them very often and i am so glad and lucky that i am one of those people,lost your number liam if u could ring me,087,6765354,i think thats me number,or it could be ange

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank eddie d
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello Eddie D,

great to hear from you again. I hope you and your family had a fabulous Christmas and are looking forward to getting back to Kusadasi.
Thanks for all your kind words and for being such an advocate for Whispering Sands. It is very important to us that those who have stayed here share their opinions with others who have not.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again soon. I will give you a call to help you arrange your next visit.
Take care and say hello to everyone from all at Whispering Sands.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here July 2013.

I went with two friends and we thought the place was really nice, modern and clean.
The staff were great, although some were a bit over-friendly!

I emailed before we went to ask a few questions and never got a response which i thought was very poor. If you want your room cleaned you have to pay them which i think is a bit much as considering the price you pay you would expect the room to be done and towels changed at least once during a 10-day stay.

They don't use cash on-site here - they give you a wrist thing which you top up at reception and this is good if you're going down for the day/evening and don't want to carry money with you (just have to make sure you have enough on there in advance)

One day one of our group went down to order breakfast and they bought it up to our room which was good. Although they are not flexible with what goes on your plate as i ordered one plate and i wanted to add beans to it but they wouldn't do this, instead they done a whole separate plate of beans on toast and charged me for two meals :-/
The food is lovely and we enjoyed all of the meals we had and we also tried lots of cocktails :-)

The only thing that's not great about this place is the location, to get anywhere you need to get taxi's or buses. To go to the supermarket it cost us about £15 and if you're doing your first big shop you do really need to get a taxi. The buses are easy enough to work out and fairly cheap. Only one thing, most of them don't have a clue when we tell them the name of the place we were staying which actually resulted in us being told to get of the bus one day despite the fact we knew we were going the right way.

The water park is definitely worth a visit and i swam with the dolphins which was a great experience - just don't do the scuba thing because it's really not what they make out and was a total waste of money!
We also went to the ancient ruins and it was a beautiful place but was hard to enjoy fully because it was so hot.

The markets are worth a trip too, we got perfume really cheap and you can get souvenirs and gifts at good prices.

We went out a few evenings and most places we went to were good fun, just be careful in some of the areas and don't go around on your own.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Luckykalc
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Luckykalc,

Happy New Year to you. I hope you had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the year ahead.

You are our first reviewer of the year, many thanks for taking the time and trouble to put your opinion about your holiday at Whispering Sands onto Tripadvisor. It is very welcome and much appreciated.

I agree with you, the food was superb last year and I have no doubt it will be equally as good if not better this year. Many of the staff have been retained including the chefs, indeed they were the first ones we talked to about staying with us since they had done such a great job in 2013.

I'm not sure which supermarket you went to...if it was Kipa then you went a long way out of town and the cost of a taxi would reflect this. However there are 2 supermarkets much closer to us than Kipa, in fact only 1 mile away and a taxi there and back would cost a good deal less than you paid. The staff at reception do advise people where to shop for groceries but alas not everyone follows the advice.

We advertise the complex as self catering apartments and they come equipped with washing machine, oven, hob, iron and ironing board etc.; pretty much all that you would need to self cater is included (we will put in oven gloves for this coming season on the suggestion of a guest from 2013), and therefore this means that we do not intrude into your apartment during your stay unless you specifically ask us. It also means you do the washing up I'm afraid.

As you rightly point out, the water park is a great day out and should be visited by all, and the same too can be said about Ephesus. We would advise everyone to go later in the day to visit Ephesus for two reasons. Firstly as you have said it can be very hot especially during July and August as there is little or no shade from the sun during the three hour walk that it takes to view this ancient site. Also most cruise ship tours are done in the mornings as the ships generally leave harbour around 5pm and so the mornings tend to be very crowded. Ephesus is most definitely worth a visit.

Kusadasi is one of the nicest seaside towns you will probably ever visit. The people are fantastic, very friendly and helpful and anyone who visits will certainly take home fond memories of their holiday on the Aegean coast.

Good luck to you in 2014.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Having read through the recent reviews of Whispering Sands I thought I’d add my own. I don’t normally bother but I thought this time why not.

There were 5 of us that stayed for the last 2 weeks in August. 3 adults and 2 children (7 and 9). We had two, 2 bed apartments on the top floor overlooking the pool.

What a great place for a family holiday, the apartments are spacious and clean, the AC worked a treat in every room, although most of the time you didn’t need it. The kitchens had most of what you wanted to self cater and if it didn’t you just needed to ask.

I noticed a couple of reviews complaining about the lack of English television channels, who the hell goes on holiday to watch TV.

We ate at the restaurant most lunchtimes and a quite few times in the evening, the food was great, the meals always turned up together and were always hot. The staff do a great job even when the place is busy.

Whispering Sands is 10 minutes by cab to town, (Ahmet the local taxi driver is great) alternatively you can walk to the end of the road and catch a bus. Being out of town may not be for everyone but it suited us, it was nice and quiet, well away from the hustle and bustles of town and felt very secure, which for peace of mind is a benefit when taking a 7 and 9 year old away on holiday.

There was evening entertainment every night, the BBQ night, fire show and the belly dancer were particularly good. Our children loved the pool party.

We didn’t do any of the organised trips they arrange but by all accounts they are very good value and worth doing.

Not sure there is much more to add other than we enjoyed it so much we have booked to go again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Keeling54
TonyandLiam, Director of Sales at Whispering Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Keeling54,

Many thanks for your kind review. I have been off for a few days break, so I apologise for being a little late getting back to you. The season is over and we have only a short time to rest before we get stuck in to organising for next summer.
Already we have more than 15% of this year’s numbers booked in for next year, so we cannot rest on our laurels. Many holiday makers come back again to Whispering Sands because they have found the perfect place for their family to relax and unwind. I really appreciate that you are coming back again and look forward to making you welcome once more at Whispering Sands.

I also appreciate your kind and honest review as it sets the final seal of approval on this busy year. We have learned much from all those who came to stay this summer and hope to impress all those who will come to us next summer. We continue to strive to improve and we are very thankful for all the help we have received from everyone who has taken the time and trouble to write a review. The reviews are a great barometer and without them it would be much more difficult for us.

It is likely that your review will be the last of the season, so I want to say a big thank you to yourself and all those who have written a review this year.
Have a great end to the year.