“Loved every second of my stay!”

Atlantique Holiday Club
Ranked #6 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel at around 18:00 (Turkish time) from England on Wednesday 13th August. When we first got into reception, I thought it was very smart. Check in was very fast and we were soon having our bags carried up to our room. The thing that kind of got me a little bit is that you don't have any lifts going up to the rooms? It wasn't very nice being on the top floor and having to walk up 4 flights of stairs because we had to put on sun cream or put our devices on charge.
The food was excellent, was always fresh never reused from the previous day or lunchtime that day. I only ever had chips 2 times as they always rotate the food, which is a really good idea as you get more of a variety. However I thought that no ice cream is a bit harsh, I know you can buy it from the market but that is just cornetto and stuff like that, sometimes you want just normal scoops (if you know what I mean). Midnight soup was amazing, would recommend the soup they serve at this hotel. Restaurant staff were always very friendly. Now bar staff, there was always a short kind of lady, always on her phone, never smiled. When you walked up to the bar she would never come over to you straight away, she would finish what ever she was doing on her phone and then come over to you in a really sloppy typed way. I didn't catch her name unfortunately. Ibrahim was a nice guy, nice to talk to and gave service with a smile! The Alpi team were brilliant, Ahmet especially. He introduced himself on the first full day we had and asked if we wanted to play water polo, we said no thank you and he immediately said okay. It wasn't anything like any other hotels do where they go " you know you want to, come on". Ahmet didn't speak a word more of it for that day which I thought was really professional. He was always pleased to see us. He was in the nightclub every night, even on his day off he likes to come in as he loves his job so much. I thought that it was very nice of him to come to reception and say goodbye when we were leaving. The lifeguards were a bit harsh I thought, especially the head. I got right up to the gate for the waterslides, oblivious to what the time was and the head just came and shut it and said "finished". What I thought was really bad was that he opened the gate to go down the blue and white slide himself when he didn't let me have 1 last go. No one was behind me, I would have understood because it may have made a massive queue. I thought that when the lifeguards were constantly going down the slides when they were on duty was a bit stupid. What if someone had had a really bad accident and was unconscious underwater... However apart from that I thought that the hotel was really nice, lovely scenery and a lovely view of the sunset every night. The gardening team always seamed to be hard at work. However when all inclusive closes, the prices are a rip off in the nightclub. Never buy in there! It was 12 TL for 1 small glass of wine. That is about £4 in the UK. You can go to our budget supermarket in the UK and get a bottle for £4... Anyway, all in all, I give this hotel a 5 star rating as I loved it so much, despite the little things. Only been back not even 1 day in England and already missing the hotel and the alpi team!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 64Harry
Guest Relations m, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantique Holiday Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear 64Harry,

Looks like you have the holiday-blues :) Being back at home with the normal routine and British weather will make you miss the Mediterranean climate and holiday atmosphere i think. Thank you very much for writing and sharing this long and detailed kind review here on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to see that you had a good holiday with us in Atlantique.Your comments have been discussed and are taking seriously as we do with every feedback we receive.A remark about the drinks:please bear in mind that alcohol in Turkey is taxed very highly and that makes prices almost double to triple the prices of the U.K. Thank you for rating our hotel 5*, we really appreciate this.We hope you will have a beautiful end of summer in southampton and hope to see you back on a future holiday.

Atlantique Holiday Club Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

It is great to read the amazing reviews about atlantique as myself, my partner and 7 year old son arrive at this hotel on the 8th September for one week, we are really looking forward to our holiday after reading these lovely honest comments!x

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kathy W
Guest Relations m, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantique Holiday Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hi Kathy

Nice to see that you look so much forward to spend your holiday with us.We,the whole team, will do our best to make it a very happy holiday experience for you, your partner and your sun.

Looking forward to welcome you.

Kind regards from Kusadasi.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I spent a wonderful two weeks in Atlantique Holiday Club with my family and friends. Deserves praise delicious food, beautiful garden and cool animations. Regards animators from Alpi Team.
Unfortunately, there are also weaknesses in the rooms on the ground floor smells bad, and the sun loungers by the pool with slides is mud.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kasia P

Dear Kasia

First of all we want to thank you for your sympathetic words here on TripAdvisor.They have been shared by the whole team during our morning meeting.Kind regards from the "Alpi Team "
i checked your room number and resolved the smell problem there and also the sun loungers issue has been addressed and resolved. Thank your for your feedback so we can improve our service and materials.We hope you will have a pleasant after summer in Warzawa and would like to Welcome you back to Atlantique on a next holiday.

dziękuję & Z poważaniem

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic 12 night holiday had by our party of 8 (2 families of 4) with 18, 17, 14 and 10 year old kids/teens. Lovely staff, clean rooms which are cleaned daily, lovely food, beautiful beach with jetty, fun pool with slides our whole party enjoyed. There was a singer with guitar most evenings who sang English songs whilst we ate dinner who was fantastic.
Now onto the Spa: In a nutshell, I did not enjoy it - at all! I love a massage and decided on a Turkish bath/massage. The male masseur greeted me in the Sauna then took me to the room where another male was also having a massage. Fine so far. Massage was good except for the ridiculous antics he got up to. Seriously he would tickle under my armpits every time the massage took him there, same with my feet and he poked his finger in my belly button when he massaged over that area. He thought it was funny and he was having a bit of a laugh with me. How short-sighted. Another low point was feeling his chin whiskers on my forehead as he massaged me. I cannot imagine any woman wanting any of that. I'm so thankful I didn't agree to my 14 year old daughter having a massage at the same time. The only good thing was that my skin felt great after.
I had to write this to avoid others like me who go for do a massage like that expecting it to be respectful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Alison S
Guest Relations m, Owner at Atlantique Holiday Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Alison S

i cannot find the right words to apologize to you for what has happened. If only i would have known this during your stay so we could have had a chance to make things right. We are so very sorry about this and assure you and everybody else that this was the very last tickle this masseur has ever given in our spa. We have found out whom and had a serious conversation with this gentleman and the tenant of our Spa- complex. He apologizes to you from the bottom of his heart and is extremely sorry about his immature and unprofessional behavior and understands that he cannot continue his career in our hotel.

It is nice to read that the rest of the holiday was a success for you and your family and we would like to thank you for your kind words about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I would really appreciate If you could contact us on social.network@atlantique.com.tr so we could offer you a real apology.The only thing that i can do now is hoping that you will contact me and hope that you come back to us on a future holiday. And may we offer you a Spa treatment for you and your daughter on the house. Hoping you will accept we remain.

Sincere apologies and greetings,

Eralp Özay
General Manager/ Owner Atlantique Holiday Club

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hotel is in an excellent location and agree with most of the reviews - however
- Animation team great and very friendly
- Why close the quiet pool at 6pm, and the other pool at 6.30pm - when it's full????
- Food was fine, but needed to be more varied, especially with staying 2 weeks, too many stews. Why do some nationalities put so much food onto their plates and then waste it?
- As with many hotels - why reserve sunbeds and never use them??
- The newly opened theatre desperately needs a nearby bar - and for the show to finish before the bars closes - or else you can not get a drink.
We met some wonderful Dutch people who were great fun to be with, and felt that the Animation team worked really hard - even escorting trips to X Club and not finishing work till 4am.
My husband loved the beach volleyball, and the rest of the sports.
All in all - a very good holiday.

Room Tip: Family rooms are a good size with connecting doors and two toilets and showers
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Guest Relations m, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantique Holiday Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hi 324NeilB

As a Guest Relation Manager i love to receive reviews like these because they give me something to discuss on management meetings.All your comment will be reviewed and we will be taken seriously.Thank your for pointing out some of these issues.And a very big "Thank you" for your very kind words.The whole animation team sends you their regards and lets you know that Neil is being missed in the voleyball team :) and on the X Club night.
We hope you will have a beautiful after summer in Ashford and of course we hope to see you again in our hotel.

Kind regards from Atlantique Holiday Club team.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Atlantique is a beautiful hotel with friendly and efficient staff, especially reception. Food is good but could be more varied and entertainment although enjoyable is somewhat repetitive. Excursions are available but they cost more and info about them would be better provided in the rooms rather than having to go to reception or meeting with a rep. Rooms are well serviced but it would be good to see a hospitality tray in them, most people enjoy refreshments after a long tiring journey. All shower doors would be best with an outward opening to ensure 'larger' guests can get into them. We hired the photographer who took beautiful photos, but a few poses were taken lying down on the damp grass and ruined my granddaughter's dress. My other granddaughter had her birthday during our stay and some beautiful photographs were taken, but not included on the disc. it would be appreciated if the photographer could find them and attach them to an email to the given email address. Overall.... a pleasant stay and I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are not good with stairs choose a ground or 1st floor, there are no lifts/elevators
1  Thank Alice W
Guest Relations m, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantique Holiday Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Alice,

"An honest review" deserves an honest reply. We appreciate your comments and want to thank you for your very kind words about the hotel and our staff.Your remarks will be discused with our management team.Concerning excursions: we ,as Atlantique,do not sell excursions as that is the job of the Tour-Operator and their agency. We have quite a few agencies working with our hotel and they all have slightly different excursion programs.This makes it a bit complicated for us to give the right information about this. But a good idea maybe to have a general excursion information map in the room.thank you for this tip.We will discuss the shower doors as well.We will inform the photographer about the missing pictures of your grand-daughter.
Thank you again for putting this review on TripAdvisor and we hope you will have a lovely rest of the summer in Edinburgh.
And we would be delighted to welcome you and your family back to Atlantique Holiday Club.

Kind regards !

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was one of the best holidays we've had. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Pools were lovely and the beach was great, always clean and tidy the gardens were well kept and lovely. Would recommend it to all.

2  Thank Vicky H

Hello Vicky
It is Monday morning here and we just had a staff meeting in which we also discussed your very nice comment here on TripAdvisor. Thank your very much for these kind words.What a nice motivation to start the week.We do our very best to keep the pools,gardens and beach in tip-top conditions and it is nice to see when guests enjoy this.We hope you will have lovely rest of the summer in Bristol and are looking forward to welcome you again on a next visit to Kusadasi.

Greetings from all the staff.

Atlantique Holiday Club Team.