“Saved by the Chef!”

Lavista Boutique Hotel
Ranked #24 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I cannot stress how incredibly helpful and wonderful the staff of this hotel is. My friend and I ran into a bit of a pickle when we felt unsafe with a taxi cab driver who drove us to and from dinner (and invited himself to stay and to order and to drink heavily, on our dime--we've been reassured by many Turks this was not okay). However, when the taxi driver sat down next to me, I scooted over. Toward the end of the meal when I couldn't find my purse, I assumed that I'd accidentally left it at the hotel. That wasn't the case and the situation became even more complicated when we couldn't tell the hotel staff the name of the restaurant, since the taxi driver had chosen it. We had every member of the hotel staff helping us and the chef, Yildiray Dilmag, came out of the kitchen and saved the day. He knew the restaurant! When we explained to him that we we'd had a creepy cab driver, he announced, "I will go with you" and went on an impressive rant on our behalf. I seriously could have melted. Well, I did melt--I cried a little. I cried a little more when we retrieved my purse--with my passport in it. Yiildiray went above and beyond to help us after a very long day, and all the staff were fabulous and extremely attentive. Also, there are many places to eat and shop within easy walking distance of this hotel, and you really can't beat the view.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Good views but not friendly or helpful. There is no shelter on a wet or windy day or evening you need to sit in your room. Everything is very clean but I would not go near it again. They are not really interested in customers.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views. We booked 2 which were allocated in different houses. After 30 minutes ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank caspari2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at La Vista in Room 2202. The room is actually a spacious suite with a separate open bedroom. The medium size bathroom is not located next to the bedroom because it is a suite not a traditional hotel room. The bathroom is near the entry and this was not a problem for us in the slightest. There is also a large lounge room and balcony with a view to the pool and ocean. The sunset is visible from the lounge, bedroom and balcony. Other than the magic sunsets the best thing about this hotel was the bed is was fantastic. We have been travelling for 10 weeks and this bed and linen is the best we have experienced by far.

I had trouble setting the aircon unit and I wish I had of rung through to reception to resolve before retiring. During the night, I opened the balcony door for some fresh air. My sleep was then disturbed by dogs barking continuously. At breakfast, I overheard other guests complaining about the dog noise.

Breakfast opens at 7am and unfortunately the breakfast spread was not fully on display at 7am. I had to ask for yoghurt and other guests were requesting other foods. When guests are in a hurry, I think it is very important that everything is in place before opening the breakfast room.

The hotel is a good 10 minute walk away from the main restaurant area and a taxi ride back costs 10 turkish lira.

The tap water is dreadful, undrinkable (very salty) even when it has been boiled in the kettle provided for tea and coffee. You just can't drink it. In saying that, I was very surprised that a boutique 5 star hotel did not provide complimentary water. It is the little things that make a hotel stand out from the rest.

The internet speed was excellent and complimentary.

It is a great looking and comfortable hotel and definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Check aircon is working well
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Progressive T
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Lovely boutique hotel overlooking "bird island" and the Aegean Sea. We had a large room with a beautiful balcony view above the infinity pool and outdoor dining area. Room was quiet and well appointed. Nice bathroom. Breakfast (included in our tour) had a nice selection and was good as was the indoor/outdoor eating area. Didn't realize this was the same hotel group as one we stayed at for a week in Saint Martin a few years ago which was also very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed her with family and friends in late September and loved it. The location is perfect with views of the sea. Our suite was spotless and had everything we needed. The staff was very friendly and helped us with all our needs. The room was quiet and the bed just right. Everything appeared new and fresh. The pool area is well kept with great views. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was first class with several waiters helping is. A great value and a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were so impressed by this hotel, we decided to cancel one of our tours to spend a day 'chilling out' around the infinity pool and enjoying the atmosphere (and sunshine). The location is outstanding, good service, and a surprise which we did not expect.

Room Tip: They all dace the water.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kramerdude
Reviewed 4 October 2013

In August we stayed with another couple for 3 nights at Lavista. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the service and room excellent and the view absolutely incredible! The hotel is close enough to the town so that you can walk there, but far enough away that you miss the crowds. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends